No announcement yet.

Alternatives to Shaving Cream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one for just warm water and a blade.
    Stopped washing my face with anything but soap a couple of years ago, since then haven't needed anything for shaving either.
    Skin's better for it too.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I use soap and water. I've used shaving creams, lotions, gels, oils, but for me nothing beats a bar of soap for ease and convenience. I'm not terribly hairy, so this is just my own experience. The key point is to use a good, fresh razor, keep your skin lathered and wet. The moisture is needed to make sure your razor glides along smoothly and not give you nicks and cuts.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I use a cheap twin blade razor, and regular body bar soap. I also shave in the shower, which helps keep the beard softer. I am no longer in the military, so I don't shave every day. Twice a week... maybe. I have used an old fashioned straight razor before, but if you are traveling, good luck getting that past the touchy-feely security administration.....

Comment

Just used hot water this morning. It worked like a charm, so thanks everyone. Now I need to find an alternative use for this extra can of shaving cream. Seems like a shame to waste it.

Comment

I've just been using a bit of dr. bronner's soap instead of cream for a decade or so, works well.

Comment

Found this this morning: Not Ready For No 'Poo? Try Sorta 'Poo With Coconut Milk and Castille | Crunchy Betty

Comments say it's not only great for shampoo, but also works great as shaving cream. Worth a shot, I guess, if you want something that foams and soothes.

Comment

Uses for extra shaving cream? pranks are always fun..... put in the toes of someones shoes..... fill the palm of a sleeping person and tickle thir nose...... be creative... have fun! It's primal after all!

Comment

Working...
                X