Let's all get nekkid!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's all get nekkid!

I know Mark posted a while ago about the benefits of sack time with a loved one, but I'm not talking about that. He talks about going barefoot as often as possible, but what about the rest of us, all crammed into our tight jeans and pantyhose and all that nonsense all the time?

I live in Georgia, where we hibernate in the summer because it's suicide to step foot outside during the day. While I'm holed up waiting for the sun to go down, watching NatGeo, I see real-life Groks in the jungle just letting it all hang out in the breeze and sun, and I admit I get a little jealous. Grok would never stuff himself into a suit in 100 degree weather if he didn't have to, and I'd bet that in the privacy of his own hut, he wouldn't have worn a damn thing. I think this is an aspect of Primal living that we often overlook. We're clothed all the time because we're told it's indecent not to be. We don't get much chance to actually be present with our bodies, as they are. What's more primal than that?

I'm not suggesting that we all become nudists, by any means. However, I think we're so used to being uncomfortable in our clothes that we don't even think about it.

Be a trend setter and post pics.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

Comment

Originally posted by saturnfan View Post
      Be a trend setter and post pics.
      Are you kidding me? What on Earth made you think that was an appropriate response to ANYTHING I said? I suppose a little maturity is too much to ask.

Comment

I think there are a lot of people who do enjoy some nekkid time. Not sure how many brave souls do it outside but lots do it in the privacy of their home. I never knew how freeing it was to sleep naked until a few years ago. It may not be outside and adventurous but it is a socially acceptable start.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
          Are you kidding me? What on Earth made you think that was an appropriate response to ANYTHING I said? I suppose a little maturity is too much to ask.
          If only to read your predictable and comical response.
          Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
          Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
          Goal: 160

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
            I think there are a lot of people who do enjoy some nekkid time. Not sure how many brave souls do it outside but lots do it in the privacy of their home. I never knew how freeing it was to sleep naked until a few years ago. It may not be outside and adventurous but it is a socially acceptable start.
            I didn't mean that anyone should strut around outside in the nude - social rules (and public decency laws) obviously apply. But I do think we could make the effort to be a little more comfortable. I think our bodies as well as our minds would thank us for it. So, I officially banished all my high heels and everything that itched or pinched or I had to tug at to keep in place.

Comment

Originally posted by saturnfan View Post
              If only to read your predictable and comical response.
              Right. Glad I could add a little sunshine to your day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                Right. Glad I could add a little sunshine to your day.
                TO be fair, it's not that big of a leap from your thread title....

I enjoy walking around the house naked (like on the way to my shower for example) but sadly my girls are growing up a little more and we're trying to convince them that they need to keep their clothes on.... So sadly I must be an example for them.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

if i could go around everywhere in nothing but a tee and panties i'd be super happy
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

What weirds me out is seeing babies in stuffy clothes and stiff shoes. It just doesn't seem natural.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      if i could go around everywhere in nothing but a tee and panties i'd be super happy
                      I would pay to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatgrrrl View Post
                        I would pay to see that.
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

Besides around my apartment, I have the pleasure of going naked (or nearly naked) once a year in "public."

Every summer I join my friends at a Burning Man type event that ranges in size from 500-800 attendees. We camp for 5 or 6 days at a wonderful Interfaith (Pagan) Sanctuary. Wake when the sun comes up, eat a couple times during the day, sleep when tired. Art, hiking, lounging, swimming... whatever we decide to do. The only non-Primal thing is the crap ton of alcohol (most of it home-made liquors) and the free home-made bread.

It's a clothing optional event, and most of my camp mates opt out of clothing. It took me a couple of years to get comfortable with the idea of doing that myself, but I tell ya what... it's WONDERFUL. There's nothing like spending the day in little more than a sarong. I had the best little personal moment where I was squat down in my sarong, taking my turn tending the dishes. It felt so... natural. I was a primitive human in that moment, and I LOVED it.

Comment

I second the request for pictures.....

Also, one of the Greek philosophers talked about going into nature totally naked in order to recover from an illness.

Also, I go naked whenever possible.

Comment

regarding pictures, there's a website that can come (get it?) in handy (get it?)

it's called google

leave OP and her body alone
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X