Eating plain fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    i always cook my roasts so there is crackling on them if they have fat. the rinds left after making tallow are good snacks too. lamb and venison are my favourite.
    Mmm! Venison! Wish I could get my hands on it more often. Game fats when crispy are AMAZING, eh?
    Had some roast pheasant yesterday. Skin nice and crispy with butter underneath, drippings poured over my veg.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Personally I would prefer to snack on pork rinds, avocado or nuts instead of pure fat...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by oberges View Post
        Hello, does anybody have some experience eating plain fat. For example, sometimes when i am outside home, instead of eating the common, i go to the groceries and buy 100g of butter. Sounds weird to me. Anyway i wanna know your thoughts.
        I love butter. I often just eat a slice. The other day I ate cashew butter with butter on a spoon (well, several spoonfuls). I also will eat coconut butter on a spoon and I used to put a slice of bread in the pan after frying bacon to soak up the grease. Now I sometimes just pour it on top of greens and chow down.

I don't care if I'm weird.
        sigpic
        Age 48
        Start date: 7-5-12
        5'3"
        121lbs
        GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
        Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Can you get bags of regular fat at Whole Foods? Because that was met with a blank stare followed by befuddlement at well.
          i dont live in the US so i wouldn't know. i just ask at my butchers for some beef fat and they give it to me.

Mmm! Venison! Wish I could get my hands on it more often. Game fats when crispy are AMAZING, eh?
          Had some roast pheasant yesterday. Skin nice and crispy with butter underneath, drippings poured over my veg.
          wild venison is prob my fave meat. pheasant is more difficult to get hold of as you need to know someone who has shot it. or shoot it yourself. once you've tasted game meats, you realise that you cant buy the good food in the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            wild venison is prob my fave meat. pheasant is more difficult to get hold of as you need to know someone who has shot it. or shoot it yourself. once you've tasted game meats, you realise that you cant buy the good food in the shops.
            With me it's the opposite. Venison is pricey, so I have to know someone who can provide it cheap. Whereas, my fiance knows someone who can supply us with "friends' discounted" pheasants.
            Need more Bambi...
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
            X