Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Vote!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm going to be watching the debates between the real candidates tonight.

    Russia Today is hosting a debate between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson tonight at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern.

    RT America - YouTube

    Comment


    • #32
      I'm voting for one of the 3rd parties this year.
      Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
      Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
      Goal: 160

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Austrian_Carnivore View Post
        Not going to a Vote means beeing ok with the outcome.
        Nonsense. Not voting is a rejection of both the process and the outcome. If you vote, you are conferring legitimacy on the whole game and by extension saying you are ok with the outcome. And please stop making a fetish about Democracy. There is nothing noble or desirable about Democracy itself. Democracy sent the Jews to death camps. Blacks were kept in various stages of slavery in the US for over a century because that was the will of the people. Democracy has led to a genocide of Christians in Iraq and Egypt and looks poised to unleash a massacre in Syria. Democracy is the tool tyrants use to distract you from what you should really care about- and that is your liberty. Our natural rights belong to us and us alone. Our neighbors can't gang up on us and vote to remove them by force. Democracy is violence, and by participating in it you are engaging in evil.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Grok View Post
          I did a bunch of research, and the conclusion I came up with is that there is no difference between Romney and Obama.

          If you think there is a difference, you didn't do any research.

          100 Ways Mitt Romney Is Just Like Barack Obama
          Yes there is a big difference. One of them is not a communist. And I ve done a shitload of research.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DJinNC View Post
            Yes there is a big difference. One of them is not a communist. And I ve done a shitload of research.
            Anyone who supports The Fed supports a centrally planned economy.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JWBooth View Post
              Nonsense. Not voting is a rejection of both the process and the outcome. If you vote, you are conferring legitimacy on the whole game and by extension saying you are ok with the outcome. And please stop making a fetish about Democracy. There is nothing noble or desirable about Democracy itself. Democracy sent the Jews to death camps. Blacks were kept in various stages of slavery in the US for over a century because that was the will of the people. Democracy has led to a genocide of Christians in Iraq and Egypt and looks poised to unleash a massacre in Syria. Democracy is the tool tyrants use to distract you from what you should really care about- and that is your liberty. Our natural rights belong to us and us alone. Our neighbors can't gang up on us and vote to remove them by force. Democracy is violence, and by participating in it you are engaging in evil.
              Theoretically you are correct; that by purposely not voting you are attempting to undermine the legitimacy of the system. Practicality is a harsh mistress however. Your citizenship compels you to acknowledge the outcome of the election, regardless of your vote/non vote.
              Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
              Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
              Goal: 160

              Comment


              • #37
                Someone just posted this on facebook...........If you aren't in a swing state, here's something to think about- if a third party can get just 5% of the popular vote, they get federal funding and secure a place on the ballot in all 50 states in the next election. It's a very effective way to help end the lack of choice in American politics.

                If you don't like the big 2 you CAN vote for change in the way things are done by voting for a third party!

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'm voting for Romney for a lot of reasons but one of the most important reasons is to hopefully block Obamacare. While our healthcare system needs reform, the plan in place is irresponsible to say the least and will lead to higher taxes and overall costs, lower standards of care (who thought that possible?) and is a cost the government obviously can't afford.

                  Obama himself said in 2008 that the then 9 trillion dollar deficit and spending on the credit card of the Bank of China was both irresponsible and unpatriotic--his exact words. What about 16 trillion after just 43 short months? This madness has to end and tomorrow is that day.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by DJinNC View Post
                    Yes there is a big difference. One of them is not a communist. And I ve done a shitload of research.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by saturnfan View Post
                      Theoretically you are correct; that by purposely not voting you are attempting to undermine the legitimacy of the system. Practicality is a harsh mistress however. Your citizenship compels you to acknowledge the outcome of the election, regardless of your vote/non vote.
                      Like I said before, I acknowledge it to the extent their violence forces me to do so. When I can ignore their rules with relative safety, I do. When I can't, I comply. I'm still being oppressed the same as everyone else, yes, but intellectually at least, I am free. I see government for what it is and treat it accordingly. The same can't be said for some of my flag pin wearing compatriots who seem all too happy to bend over and take it from Big G.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Grok View Post
                        Anyone who supports The Fed supports a centrally planned economy.
                        +1. Throw in the fact that they both support the income tax, perpetual war, the militarized state at home, the "Patriot" Act, the TSA (Thieves and Sexual Assailants), the cradle to grave welfare state, assassination of American citizens without due process, the war against some drugs, all of the bureaucracies that screw the people to profit big business, "law" making through executive orders, etc., etc, etc., and I can't see how anyone could logically choose between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. (I'm sure most of you understand that reference; for the few who don't, those were characters in "Hamlet" who were essentially the same, with no discernible distinction between them.)
                        Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by JWBooth View Post
                          Nonsense. Not voting is a rejection of both the process and the outcome. If you vote, you are conferring legitimacy on the whole game and by extension saying you are ok with the outcome. And please stop making a fetish about Democracy. There is nothing noble or desirable about Democracy itself. Democracy sent the Jews to death camps. Blacks were kept in various stages of slavery in the US for over a century because that was the will of the people. Democracy has led to a genocide of Christians in Iraq and Egypt and looks poised to unleash a massacre in Syria. Democracy is the tool tyrants use to distract you from what you should really care about- and that is your liberty. Our natural rights belong to us and us alone. Our neighbors can't gang up on us and vote to remove them by force. Democracy is violence, and by participating in it you are engaging in evil.
                          +1. Very well said.
                          Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X