No announcement yet.

What did you have for LUNCH today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm home today so I made a curry for an early lunch. It had kale, pumpkin, chicken breast with skin, onion and dessicated coconut. I also had a couple of mouthfuls of white rice which I was cooking for my son to have after school. Curries are great for transporting. To prevent spillage you can make a dry curry, or even a dry curry salad.
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Heth View Post
      ...To prevent spillage you can make a dry curry, or even a dry curry salad.
      Heth, how do you make a dry curry? I love curry!

Comment

I've had my children home for half term, so my lunches are a little different to usual - and my husband has been working locally and needing a packed lunch, too (which is also unusual - but it's amazing how much weight he's lost after being stealthily primal for 2 weeks, with another 2 to go ). So, yesterday I made my husband some carrot and coriander soup in a flask for lunch, with a cold pork chop to go with it. Today he's had watercress and coconut soup, with leftover beef and red pepper stew and a slice of a "primalised" plum torte I made for a dinner party last night. Yesterday I fed myself and the children a huge chicken stir-fry, with loads of ginger and garlic. Today the butcher was selling chickens very cheaply, so we had roast chicken with cauliflower mash, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.

Normally, though, I might just have a bowl of soup if I feel hungry, but am more inclined to have a good breakfast and then supper in the evening and just not bother with lunch.

Comment

Chicken Caesar salad minus the croutons but with lots of chicken, lettuce, boiled egg and parmasan - yummy!

Comment

Grass-fed ground beef stroganoff over cauliflower rice.

Yummmmmm...

Comment

Chicken-liver pate (home-made last night: http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...ate-2-recipes/) with softened butter on top and carrot sticks and unripe avocado slices to dip into it!

Yeah, I know I'm awesome.
              --
              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
              X