Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random: Anything to Do With Avocado Pits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random: Anything to Do With Avocado Pits?

I eat a decent number of avocados, and every time I throw a pit away I wonder if there's anything cool you can do with them. I mean, I save wine corks with the intention of making something out of them one day...so what can you repurpose avocado pits into? And don't say "making more avocados", smartass.

So far all I really have is...slingshot ammo.

Creative ideas?

slingshot ammo is good enough

have any potted plants? maybe toss the pits over a thin layer of gravel for 'prettiness'

left on the floor, they can be an anti-thief device while out

you can drill holes and make little pit and wire monsters/gnomes

use them for some kind of artsy fartsy natural mirror border

oo! start a walk way border
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

if you put them under some dirt, and add water and sunlight, they'll magically grow a plant.

Comment

golf
        ----------------------------------------
        F, 48, 5'10"
        Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
        Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

throw it in a vitamix into a smoothie that has loads of other flavors, spices & sweetness from fruits. i've had one that way b4 & never tasted the bitterness. i know its bitter coz i tried to eat one once in hawaii. bad idea if its alone in one's mouth, lol
          "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
          "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
          "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
            if you put them under some dirt, and add water and sunlight, they'll magically grow a plant.
            This. My BIL has a bunch of pineapple plants growing around his pool from years of saving the tops. When I first noticed them I thought they were fake. Then give them away to friends?

If not, dry then string them together like apple seed necklaces. Okay, so that would probably be a bit heavy to actually wear.
            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Loving this thread..

bloodorchid.. I LOVE the way your mind works!! LOL
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Tried that....didn't work. : (

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                Health is Wealth!

Comment

My cousin carves them. They turn a lovely reddish color.

Comment

Raw vegans like to put them in smoothies, but I don't see why you'd want to eat the seed of a stone fruit. You wouldn't eat a peach pit....right?
                    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Why settle for a slingshot? Build a desktop trebuchet!
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I tried to eat one. I like bitter things, but could not finish even one bite.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

If you get enough of them and a big enough press, you can make some avocado oil.

Comment

Actually to make a pit grow, fill a glass with water, stick tooth picks on each end place on top of the jar just above water, sit in sun light and it will sprout give it a little time

Comment

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              Loving this thread..

bloodorchid.. I LOVE the way your mind works!! LOL
                              *bows* thank you thank you thank you

i read somewhere that if you sprouted an avocado pit, the plant wouldn't bear fruit. true? yes no?
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X