If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
~ Lost good amount of weight (seemingly mostly, if not all - fat) and improved body comp a lot.
~ Never get sick anymore
~ More, way more calm and composed. No longer freak out or feel anxiety even when a situation arises.
~ Feeling more confident and self assured, but not cocky.
~ In a great mood most of the time.
~ Sleeping better.
~ Not having to go to the doctor.
~ Enjoying awesome tasting food a lot, guilt free.
~ Loving to exercise and getting antsy on rest days.
~ Going out clothes shopping more often, just because it's fun, not because I have to.
~ Being told often that I look great and really young for my age. Sorry, that one sounds like I'm too full of myself, but it's a fact
~ Knowing I'm doing the best possible thing for my health, well being and looks by following the PB lifestyle.
~ Knowing much more about health, proper nutrition, and the sad reality of today's medical establishment, than the average person, and feeling empowered by that knowledge.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.
- just 1 bout of sickness (a cold and sore throat)
- chronic catarrh and sinus infections over the winter finally cured
- eczema healed (apart from one chronic patch which has got a lot smaller)
- improved visual acuity, now 24/20 corrected. Previously was 20/20 corrected. Also, more vivid colour vision
- very high energy levels
- need less sleep during the winter
- gained around 10 lbs of muscle mostly in my upper body which was previously weak, especially arms, pecs, abs and shoulders, also my quads have gained size and strength
- lost about 30 lbs of fat
- lots of compliments on how clear and healthy my complexion looks
- looking a few years younger than previously, now around minus 12 to 15 years
- blood pressure now normal (it used to dip too low previously causing dizzy spells)
- can fast and be active for 15 hours with ease without feeling hungry, and never snack now - snacking just feels wrong
- better gum health
- have a much more positive outlook on life
F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.
After just 1.5 months (with a couple of pretty horrendous paleofails):
-I am SO much happier! Sometimes I catch myself grinning for no reason, which is particularly odd for me as I have one of those "serious" faces. I have amazing surges of happiness even when I should I should be feeling stressed about work.
-I have a much better attitude to life in general, I feel more content
-I never get that horrible "must eat NOW" feeling
-I enjoy cooking and eating my food
-I have lost some weight (not sure how much)
-I feel so much fitter
-I am sleeping well
can't wait to see how I feel and look in a few months' time!
Weigh what I did 30 years ago but feel much stronger.
Blood pressure better.
Sugar shakes gone.
Menopause symptoms gone.
Teeth feel clean.
Clothes fit well (my new ones that is, the old ones are all too big).
Enjoy exercise. Joined a social sports team.
Husband is becoming healthier.
Love every meal and snack.
Greater understanding of nutrition.
Ability and desire to fast.
Enjoy cooking even more than ever.
Similar to what others have said, really. It's just great. This is not a diet but the way I live now. Five months have gone in a flash but I have learnt so much by experience during that time.