Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long for paleo/primal to go really mainstream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Costco is carrying big tubs of organic coconut oil so it's gaining momentum!

Comment

This is another factor in why the mainstream in the US will never accept paleo/primal. You kinda have to buy into the concept that homo evolved in the environment over 2.4 million years. In the US only 4 of 10 people believe in evolution. At the extreme you have a substantial group of folks echoing this mans ignorance.
      Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
      READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Moochy you post the most interesting links!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I don't believe in evolution as much as I believe in spontaneous genesis. It's not a God thing. I'm an atheist. There really isn't a lot of evidence to prove evolution. But there's no evidence to prove a god. As always, jmo, and n=1.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Moochy View Post
            This is another factor in why the mainstream in the US will never accept paleo/primal. You kinda have to buy into the concept that homo evolved in the environment over 2.4 million years. In the US only 4 of 10 people believe in evolution. At the extreme you have a substantial group of folks echoing this mans ignorance.
            The New York Times > Science > Image > Chart: Belief in Evolution, by Country
            Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
            READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

I know I about fell off my chair last week in the doctor's office when we were discussing my unexplained weight gain in spite of increased exercise and low carbing, and she said "You should try the Caveman Diet". This from a mainstream CW medical, VEGAN MD!

Comment

I believe that it'll gain a bigger profile and following due to its scientific underpinning, but that it'll be very actively suppressed by the powers that be due to its conflicts with big pharma maximising its profits for treatments for chronic inflammatory diseases and whatnot.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Yup, never gonna go mainstream. In order to enjoy paleo/primal, you have to really understand it. This requires research and some brains. Most people are stupid, lazy, or both. NEVER gonna go mainstream.

Comment

I brought it up with a team of dietitians at work yesterday; I've worked with a few of them and they all seemed like reasonable people, otherwise I wouldn't have even mentioned paleo/primal. Anyway, the response was "I think any diet will work as long as you can stick to it, but we cannot promote paleo because there is no scientific evidence behind it."

Le sigh.

Comment

Sometimes well-formulated theory with a scientific underpinning holds way more value than accepted scientific evidence.
                      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

At best we'll get slotted in alongside the vegans.

Comment

Originally posted by ReclaimtheApex View Post
                          Yup, never gonna go mainstream. In order to enjoy paleo/primal, you have to really understand it. This requires research and some brains. Most people are stupid, lazy, or both. NEVER gonna go mainstream.
                          You have it in a (cynical) nutshell. I hope you are wrong.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by Moochy View Post
                            I believe in Creation, and have no issue being Paleo. The food aspect of the research is sound, in my opinion. Whether or not man "evolved" or, as I believe, was created this way, I know that I have lost tons of weight and feel better!

Comment

Originally posted by ReclaimtheApex View Post
                              Sorry, but that sounds kind of elitist. I think it will go mainstream, but it won't be easy once it is. It will be skewed by critics and followers alike, just like every diet.

Comment

I doubt it will ever go mainstream because there are no fast, convenient products to buy. You have to buy (or grow or forage) whole foods and cook them. The majority of people can't be bothered to cook anything.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X