I designed a Grokette tank top!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeesh, didn't mean to start a war here. I just know I'd be angry if something I worked hard on got produced by someone else as though they had come up with it all on their own.
    I don't think she was in any way saying that she came up with this all on her own.

In fact, she wished the shirt was sold by Mark in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
      eww...
      hahahaha
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
        I am a content creating artist and these statements are fucking infuriating.
        I like a rousing debate. It brings out the truth.

Trust me, there is nothing more infuriating than a corporation amassing weapons to force people to buy their products.

I know how you feel.

Comment

You're being hyperbolic and pointlessly divisive with your statements. Corporations copyrighting the color magenta (or whatever) to hinder fair competition are obviously abusing the system. Every regular amateur and professional artist needs and benefits from copyright protection to keep from getting ripped off and losing profit.
          carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
            You're being hyperbolic and pointlessly divisive with your statements. Corporations copyrighting the color magenta (or whatever) to hinder fair competition are obviously abusing the system. Every regular amateur and professional artist needs and benefits from copyright protection to keep from getting ripped off and losing profit.
            Well I argue that you cannot use a gun and not expect people to abuse the system.
            ^^ Another way to say this is: If you use a gun, people will abuse the system.

I'm saying this is a praxeological fact, and can be deduced through a priori reasoning.

Maybe there is some other solution to your problem other than using guns and violence?
            Last edited by Grok; 10-30-2012, 02:14 PM. Reason: Edit: Write logical expression in different form

Comment

iiiiiiii don't even knowwwwww what you're talking about right now
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Take the proposition:

"A system based on jailing humans involuntarily through the use of force will always lead to abuse."

One could look at this proposition and relate it to empirical evidence and say it was true based on empirical evidence which is a posteriori knowledge.

However, the nail in the coffin is a priori knowledge which is based on deductive reason. In other words, I can argue through logic and reason why this is always the case.

I would have to do things like list all possible ways for someone to acquire wealth, and the relative ease for each of those methods and so on to reach a logical conclusion to my argument based upon human nature (or praxeology).
                Last edited by Grok; 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM. Reason: chage "be abused" to "lead to abuse"

Comment

okay but i'm staying at the very base principle of 'i drew a smiley face, and it was very good. but someone copied my smiley face and sold little pictures, and they made a lot of money from my picture'
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

I'm wondering how they would be able to make a lot of money from your smiley face if anyone could copy it?

Also, just because we use government force to protect intellectual property today, doesn't mean that intellectual property cannot be protected without the use of government force.

Comment

being sued is getting hit with governmental force?
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        being sued is getting hit with governmental force?
                        There are ways to resolve disputes without using government force.

I think e-bay and paypal have dispute resolution systems which are 100% anarchic for example.

Comment

personally i'm a fan of duels
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            personally i'm a fan of duels
                            Yes, Aaron Burr vs. Alexander Hamilton is my favorite.

Burr-Hamilton Duel

Comment

Comment

and this is what happens when you do copyright infringement folks, you get your ass shot
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X