Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o thanks meeshar I hadn't seen that.

Comment

I figure fluoride is one devil I just have to live with. For one I can't afford to spend half a month's pay on a filter that's only going to filter a fraction of my water and waste the rest down the drain. Second, I'm not going to drink from some random well that I go fill up at every now and then... becuase we have a well on one of our properties and it's absolutely poisoned from a auto salvage yard several acres to the north that's been allowing every fluid in cars go right into the ground for decades. Gods only know what's in one of these 'artisinal wells' around here. They advise people not to fish out of the main river that cuts through downtown because it's so polluted with industrial waste, people even joke that they've seent he mutant fish from the Simpsons in it. Then you have praxair (that blood tests it's employees to make sure they are below 'dangerous' thresholds for the chemicals they use) spewing their crap into the environment, allison's, Eli Lilly, Rolls Royce, a coal power plant that provides the city with all it's electricity etc etc in the area. Just don't trust water from a well in this part of Indiana.
      -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by meeshar
        We're looking at getting a Big Berkey with the fluoride filter rather than a RO system. I don't think it takes as many minerals out as RO does, but I'm not sure on that. We definitely need to do something though, the levels are pretty high in our area and I'm not okay with that. The EPA recently lowered their recommendation to 0.7 and our area is at 0.94-1.3! Chapel Hill is lower at 0.57 so at least they're under the new recommendation.
        I like this idea, because you'll be able to use the Berkey to filter water when the Zombies attack.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          Agreed! We're not fish at all. And I don't have very good sources, either. But RO water is a very unnatural, extreme substance. Utah might be dry, but there has to be an artesian spring within 20 miles of your house. They're common. 15 5-gallon water jugs will last a month for drinking and cooking, and you get your minerals to boot, with no crazy, depleted, hypervalent H2O. And it's free.
          Concentrace.
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Not buying that Grok drank groundwater~ other than artesian wells, I believe the primary water sources would be rainwater and runoff from melted snow. It would then follow that the dissolved minerals in hard water would not be a significant source one way or another. I do know that when I use R/O water, my sprouts grow faster, more vigorously. My houseplants like R/O water better too. Only makes sense though~ rainwater is soft.

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              Concentrace.
              that's what I've been thinking:
              reverse osmosis + add my own minerals > other filtered waters with fluoride, etc.

I take magnesium and selenium already and figured i'd find a way to get more minerals if I switched to RO, looks like this conentrace product may settle it. Thanks Quelsen.

Comment

I have a R/O and a friend of mine asked "but what about getting your minerals". I let it slide and didn't say anything. Minerals? Which minerals? Calcium in hard water? Which chemical form of calcium? What about arsenic? That's also a mineral.

If you listen to Robb Wolf and Mat Lalonde PhD (Harvard biochemist) the paleo acid-base argument put forth by Cordain is bunk. The body has methods to adjust its PH one of which the exchange of gases in your lungs
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I know that this thread is already 3 years old, but it was in google's top 10 search results, which is why I believe that there are many people still finding the thread, just like I did.

Therefore I want to answer the question properly.

First of all fluoride is something we need in our body in very, very small amounts. Btw, some scientists believe, that we need all elements that are out there to a certain degree. Gold for example, if supplemented, enhances your IQ - but that goes too far.

What I am trying to say is that you do not want to filter all elements out of your drinking water except for oxygen and hydrogen in form of H2O or H+ and OH-. And you don't want to get rid of flouride entirely. I doubt that absolutely pure water is healthy to the human body.

What we definitely want to avoid are antibiotics, pharmaceuticals, steroids, ... you name it. And we want to avoid certain bacteria, etc.

If you invest in a reverse osmosis water filtration system, get one that balances pH-levels, as well.

Check out this page for more info.

Don't focus on purity levels too much. Focus on getting rid of all the chemicals that mother nature did not invent, but we did. That are the most harmful ones, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy1254 View Post
                    I know that this thread is already 3 years old, but it was in google's top 10 search results, which is why I believe that there are many people still finding the thread, just like I did.

Therefore I want to answer the question properly.

First of all fluoride is something we need in our body in very, very small amounts. Btw, some scientists believe, that we need all elements that are out there to a certain degree. Gold for example, if supplemented, enhances your IQ - but that goes too far.

What I am trying to say is that you do not want to filter all elements out of your drinking water except for oxygen and hydrogen in form of H2O or H+ and OH-. And you don't want to get rid of flouride entirely. I doubt that absolutely pure water is healthy to the human body.

What we definitely want to avoid are antibiotics, pharmaceuticals, steroids, ... you name it. And we want to avoid certain bacteria, etc.

If you invest in a reverse osmosis water filtration system, get one that balances pH-levels, as well.

Check out this page for more info.

Don't focus on purity levels too much. Focus on getting rid of all the chemicals that mother nature did not invent, but we did. That are the most harmful ones, trust me.
                    That's a lot of work to put into a spam post. Still not clicking the bait.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                    X