It's cruel, guys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's cruel, guys...

... that butter on white toast is so bad for you.

Why can't it instead be the healthiest thing ever?

Oh well, I'm good for another few months...

... or am I?
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

You oughta thy the butter tomato combo. The best thing ever.

Comment

agreed. though, i'm partial to big slabs of anadama over white. also, this time of year for some reason, i get huge cravings for bagels with mounds of cream cheese.

i save these things up for days when i know i'm not going to be primal and just get them done, over with, and out of my head. incidentally, holidays like thanksgiving, christmas, and days when someone invites me to breakfast really do the trick temporarily.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Butter slabs and chunks on potatoes. Or butter slabs on cheese.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I am with shbikes on butter slabs on good hard cheese (particularly Kerrygold on organic, mature cheddar - yum!)
          For me toast just doesn't matter

Comment

I'm not a big cheese eater, but that does sound interesting - does sound like it'd pack way too many calories in a few short bites though. I rarely have breakfast, but this morning I stopped in one of the hundreds stores in NYC on my way to work and ordered a sausage, peppers and broccoli omelet that came with potatoes and toast. I ate half the om/potatoes and tried to give away the toast but there were no takers. I hate tossing food, and I noticed it had butter on it so I said fuck it. At least it wasn't whole wheat! just plain white. I'm over it now.
            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by inesenite View Post
              I am with shbikes on butter slabs on good hard cheese (particularly Kerrygold on organic, mature cheddar - yum!)
              For me toast just doesn't matter
              Me, too! Pasture butter and aged cheddar.

Butter on anything, really. I drink ghee in my coffee.
              sigpic
              Age 48
              Start date: 7-5-12
              5'3"
              121lbs
              GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
              Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Butter with a spoon. Skip the toast.
                Sandra
                *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Is it the crunch of the toast and squish of butter that gets you? I only feel tempted when I see good crusty french bread or rolls. Other than that, no. But, if you could find something that duplicates that similarity of toast and butter, that may help.

Comment

My local tea shop sells thick Japanese-style bread brick toast slathered in butter and sugar. I have never been a bread eater, just didn't see the point in a tasteless piece of white bread, but man that toast was good.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

i'm gonna come right out and say it

buttery garlic toast is delicious. it always has been and always will be.

'oh you just like the garlic butter!'

NO. i like it all.
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Working...
                      X