Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the last totally non-Paleo thing you ate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@OP ... those tamales sound godly.

The last non-paleo thing I had was a pint of Firestone's Union Jack IPA. Crisp, refreshing, and just the right amount of hops.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am reloading the programs, so did an over-feed yesterday and I had 6 or so Russian candies, mostly caramel kind but one soy-based one (I was really surprised we had them), home made dulse de leche and blueberry jam. Sugar knockout! Now my body can't really say it was starved, lol & should be ready to shed fat. In principal. Before that I was clean for over 6 weeks.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I had some rice cereal today, although rice is now kinda seen as a safe starch, but as it's a grain it's not strictly Primal.

About a week ago, I had some store-bought ice cream. No "bad" ingredients, but one of them was sugar.

The last time I can remember having wheat (other than Communion) is when my former step-mom cooked gumbo about a year ago. She uses some flour to make the roux. Like the OP's meal, it was most definitely worth eating.
        Last edited by yodiewan; 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Latest grandson's First Birthday cake.

I'll be eating Christmas Cake and Sherry Trifle on Christmas Day too.
          Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Half a slice of sourdough bread when I was on vacation in San Francisco two weeks ago.

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, although the butter helped!

*sigh*

Comment

Recently got an operation so I would guess whats best for me would be to eat as primal as possible to aid in the recovery process... but I have been feeling so crappy that I have given in on the wathev's boat.

Artifiaclly flavored gelatin, since my mom bought them and I was too much in pain to get up and buy something else, the axiety from being in a near vegetable state, has left me overeating- definately not primal, dad thought I would like some blueberry muffins, didnt, but they were sweet so I said screw it, and today had a couple of merengues- mostly egg white, but the sugar overload hasnt helped :/ specially when all I'm going to do for the next few weeks (months??!!) is sitting on my ass...

Glad to get that off my chest! XD

Comment

Carrot Cake!! Yum

Comment

And Godiva chocolates truffles, dark and white - but I will NOT regret those

Comment

Originally posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
                    And Godiva chocolates truffles, dark and white - but I will NOT regret those
                    It's a shame they use partially hydrogenated oil in them. When I found out, I stopped even getting my free truffle of the month. =\
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Corn dog at the fair while talking to the walking tree man

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        It's a shame they use partially hydrogenated oil in them. When I found out, I stopped even getting my free truffle of the month. =\
                        yeah, I voluntarily ignored reading the ingredient list because I was sure they added some type of oil to them, darn..

Comment

Originally posted by CelloIsLove
                          If you're looking for simple meals with little prep, try making a big batch of bone broth. You can make soup or stew with the stock, and all you have to do is freeze it in meal-sized containers and bring it out whenever you want some :]
                          Thank you I've never made bone broth, but could I make like a quick version of it? or in order to really get the nutrients do I have to let it cook for a really long time?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            I'm surprised nobody has said "my girlfriend" or something like that.
                            what if your girlfriend/wife is paleo?

Comment

Plain yogurt with rasperries sweetened with stevia.

Comment

4 minature tootsie rolls. I knew I shouldn't have brought them in work for Halloween festivities!! Oh well!!

Comment

Working...
                                X