Shoot the scale!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot the scale!

How can an intelligent well schooled adult with a degree in a health related field get so tied up with her scale? It doesn't seem to matter that I feel the best that I have in years. It doesn't seem to matter that my clothes all seem to be looser and fitting better. It doesn't seem to matter that I consistently get compliments from total strangers. All that I know is that stepping on that scale and seeing that number seemingly stuck can put me in a free-fall. I know all the fat vs muscle arguments..believe me I preach them to others. But when it's my body, on that scale seeing the number that I've grown to hate....Maybe I should just shoot the scale.

Take it out back and shoot it.

Repeatedly.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Originally posted by Westly View Post
      Take it out back and shoot it.

Repeatedly.
      Hahahaha!

No, seriously, this is why my trainer didn't want me to weigh myself every day. I told her it doesn't bother me at all when the home scale shows I've gained a touch, since usually I know what I did to make that happen. But if it bothers you, I definitely would suggest you only weigh once a week. That'll give you a better picture of what's happening anyway.

Or you could always sell the scale. More practical than shooting it.
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

office-space-printer.jpg
        http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
        http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
          Or you could always sell the scale. More practical than shooting it.
          But think of the symbology!!
          Down from 275 to 250!
          Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
          Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Originally posted by Westly View Post
            But think of the symbology!!
            Have to agree. Violent destruction, just to make a point.

Comment

i wouldnt want to clear up the mess after but i have a pump action shotgun which would be very theatrical. you could have a scale demo party at the same time.

Comment

My weightloss has really stalled a bit lately, and have been thinking of going on a "scale fast" and just take measurements every month or so, for the next 4 or so months.

Comment

That scale is such a liar. Just like our politicians.
                  All time high weight 262 lbs
                  Primal since Spring 2012
                  Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                  Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                  Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                  All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

The trouble is that "what can't be measured, can't be managed". As imperfect as it is, it's an all-important number. In turn, that's a goal. Looser clothes and feeling better are hard to quantify.

Comment

I wish I would've thought to take measurements five months ago when I began this! Lol, I also hate the scale... I haven't stepped on it in over a week, but now that this post made me think of it I might have to.

Comment

Take a baseball bat to the damn thing. Just think how good it would feel to beat it into tiny little pieces.
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Seriously - get rid of the damn thing. Weigh yourself at your doctor's office instead (for example) - you will still get the numbers fix, but not have the daily fixation. Daily weight fluctuates anyway. Unless you have some kind of condition that makes this daily monitoring advisable, SHOOT IT.

For too many, it is yet another way in which we tell ourselves that we are inadequate. Skip that.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I was doing the same thing for a while.
                            My clothes fit well, I could see that I was losing fat, but my weight was the same every week.
                            So I decided to not weigh myself anymore, and go by how I looked in the mirror, and how my clothes fit.
                            I plan to weigh myself at the end of the year to see where I'm at, but until then, I'm not stepping on a scale.

Comment

I rather like it, honestly, but mostly because I'm right where I want to be.
                              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Working...
                              X