Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just my curiosity. How long have you been primal, AND....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my curiosity. How long have you been primal, AND....

do you see yourself staying primal forever?

I just finished my 1st 2 weeks. I have committed myself until I get teh results of my physical and blood work in January. If all goes well, I will stay on it. If the results are bad, then I can't see me staying on it past then.

How about you?
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

It's been about four months and it's for life. Nothing else has come this close to fixing my binge/purge cycles (therapy, meditation, prozac).... Also, I look better, feel better and I enjoy eating.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Closing in on a year for me. I'm liking it more and more every day.
      http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
      http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

I started Primal September '11, and then my life went to hell.

I'm back, and dedicated, and I honestly don't see a reason to go back to the SAD, provided my life keeps me in a place where I can do this! I feel so much better Primal.

Speaking of that, off I go to start making some chicken stock!
        Down from 275 to 250!
        Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
        Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Been Primal since November 2011, I can't see why I would do anything else. I don't care what the CW numbers say, the way it makes me feel is out of this world.
          Seriously why stop moving slowly, sprinting, lifting heavy and eating real, unprocessed foods. If you have a reason please let me know.
          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

It's been about 2 and a half years for me. I occasionally eat things I know I shouldn't. Sometimes I'm more strict and other times more lenient, but this is definitely a way of life and I love it.

Comment

Little over a year & a half and no, I can't see myself ever eating poison food again.

Comment

nearly two years, and i plan on continuing for life. it just makes sense.

also, have you seen the paleo folk who started 25+ years ago (when they were 50-ish) and how they look now? They look 40-ish! They're 75-ish! It's hawt.

I wanna look 35-40-ish when i'm 75+-ish.

Comment

Been primal since feb '12, this is just the way I eat now, can't see that changing, I enjoy eating, am satisfied (a novel experiance for me) feel fitter and stronger than I ever have and for the first time in my life feel I can achieve and maintain a healthy body composition.
                  You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Since March '12! I can't see myself doing anything else.

As someone else said, you go through periods where you're more lenient and I still have treats... but I think primal will always naturally be my default.
                    As another person said, why would you do anything but eat clean unprocessed foods, lift heavy & sprint??
                    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
                    Bench: 45kg/99lb
                    Squat: 100kg/220lb
                    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
                    My journal

Comment

Gave up most poisons about 3 years ago. Gave up legumes a few months later. Zero incentive to give it up or cheat
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I won't go back to processed foods. I may have pasta every xmas, and since I don't make my own pasta...

I like this way of living. I like food as something both beautiful and actually nourishing. I like the other non-food guidelines as a reminder to stay balanced in my pursuit of health. I like dinking around to see what makes me feel good and energetic.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about this way of living is that I can't just grab a po' boy or a pizza when I'm not in the mood to cook. But that's such a small thing.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Two years. Lost the last of 45 pounds while increasing energy and clearing up my skin, joint pain, gas, and more. I also eat some junk once in awhile, and pay for it knowing it's a drop in the bucket overall.

Remember that the doctor doesn't really know what good blood work is, you'll have to stay on top of that. His recommendations are just that. Your health is in your hands. Eat more bacon.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I started around february-march (started reading mda around December, and started to make small adjustments, until I finally went all-in)

I don't expect to ever change my diet considerably, although I don't think I'll ever be 100% clean, as I like to be able to eat what people serve me. Since I cook for myself the vast majority of times, that seems ok to me.

Comment

I've been eating Paleo for most of this year (so ~9 months) but still haven't made the exercise portion a habit. I don't see myself ever going back to the way things were. As a matter of fact, I started a Whole 30 yesterday, right as I hit my weight loss goal.
                              I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

Working...
                              X