X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss biscuits, but...

...I don't miss "the shakes"

your turn..

I miss going trough the McDonald's drivethrough. The smell of hot french fries eminating from the crisply folded white sack. digging while I'm driving for a cheeseburger. Eating that lovely cheeseburger while driving home, picking the melted cheese off the paper wrapper at the red light. Washing it down with a big draw on the oversized straw I just poked in my chocolate shake. Crinkling up the cheeseburger wrapper and whipping it out the window so my wife doesn't know I ate a cheeseburger on the way home with supper. Digging for fries while driving home. Bringing this fantastic feast into the house and laying it out on real plates so it feels like a gourmet meal. Dipping those, now somewhat cold, fries in a big pile of ketchup. Polishing off a Big Mac and 6 gold nuggets dipped in sweet and sour sauce. I miss the feel of that hot apple McPie burning my tongue as I hungrily scarf it for dessert.

I don't miss my fatty liver disease, diabetes, and gout.

Comment

The only thing I miss is my weekly pizza night
      well then

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
        The only thing I miss is my weekly pizza night
        But I'll bet you don't miss that huge gut in your 'before' pics!

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
          But I'll bet you don't miss that huge gut in your 'before' pics!
          haha nah there wasn't anything wrong actually. I still eat pizza, not so often anymore
          well then

Comment

I miss pizza night too. We tried cauliflower pizza, it was dreadful!

Strangely, I don't miss candy much. Something full of fat will do just as well. But I do miss my oat-based musli in the mornings. Im getting sick of eggs!

Comment

The only thing I miss about biscuits is all the melted butter I used to put in the middle of them...

oh wait, I don't actually miss that at all. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                Crinkling up the cheeseburger wrapper and whipping it out the window so my wife doesn't know I ate a cheeseburger on the way home with supper.
                You threw your trash out the window? Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                  You threw your trash out the window? Not cool.
                  You're right, but eating McDonald's will have you doing crazy stuff...

I miss my fudge brownies, but I don't miss the super-thick plaque build-up from all the sugar/starch.

I miss my Junior Mints and York Peppermint Patties, but I don't miss awful sugar headaches.
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I miss my homemade macaroni and cheese. It was a nice warming supper and a couple of days of lunches. Although since I've found einkorn, maybe.....

Comment

There are things I miss, but not the feeling afterward.

I miss cupcakes from the bakery place downtown. All homemade cupcakes and other stuff. It was glorious. Then I started primal. I started saying ok, I'll let Friday be my cupcake day. That first Friday was so busy at work I couldn't get away to get a cupcake. Ok, maybe next Friday. Then I just decided I really didn't need or want a cupcake.
                      "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

I do mis my biscuits but I do/did make wonderful buttermilk biscuits from scratch. My little boy seems to miss them the most, he has asked for them a few times. I feel so good all of the time I don't think I can go back
                        Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                        SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                        CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

I miss microwave popcorn but I don't miss the six month preggers bloated look after eating the whole bag.

Comment

I miss pasta. In particular lasagne, dripping with cheese. But any pasta will do.

I don't miss the IBS induced diarrhoea following a big bowl of pasta though. Not one bit.

Comment

Right now I am missing dairy the most. As it gets cooler, I know I will miss dumplings.

But, darn, I feel great. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X