Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cure for broken heart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And if you are serious, you probably need to go ahead and have the face to face conversation.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

    Comment


    • i agree with magnolia. time to quit the lame texting and games. sit down and have a face to face. like the 29 and 32 year olds you are. then move forward. get back together if you truly love each other. or stop seeing her alltogether. figure out who has to change gyms, etc, and move on with your lives. if you truly lvoe each other, but can't be together, then you need to not see each other at all

      Comment


      • i need to give you a vulcan mind meld man.

        no matter what has happened

        no matter what you want to happen

        She is teh crazy. which is short hand for.....

        Patient presents as an individual who has been unable to come to terms with abandonment issues. Patient experienced a time between 0 and 6 where abandonment was a major theme. Either they were abandoned themselves or they experienced vicariously the abandonment of a caregiver.

        Patient is subsequently attempting to relive said trauma so as to understand it at an adult level and will continue to provoke thematic consequences either to relive depressed emotions so as to expiate them or to achieve some other cathartic release.

        Depending on subsequent traumas experienced by this individual, healing may or may not be the end goal. Documented case evidence indicates a strongly narcissistic personality coupled with self destructive tendencies, thus indicating that resolution is not the goal. Pain for pains sake seems to be the goal. This can indicate an excessive amount of guilt over the provoking incident which most likely was not within the patients control.



        Bottom line.... She wont be a good partner until she fixes this. Now if you want to be her guinea pig, enjoy that pain. but know that once she fixes her problem she WILL NOT CHOOSE YOU.... You are just the school, she will graduate and move to someone with whom she has no baggage at all.
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

        Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

        CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
          I'm sorry I am just typing out loud the thoughts that are in my head. I am trying to process everything before I do anything. I do not like drama I'm sorry if this thread is annoying.
          Don't be sorry TFC.

          Why did she want to end things in the first place again?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
            i need to give you a vulcan mind meld man.

            no matter what has happened

            no matter what you want to happen

            She is teh crazy. which is short hand for.....

            Patient presents as an individual who has been unable to come to terms with abandonment issues. Patient experienced a time between 0 and 6 where abandonment was a major theme. Either they were abandoned themselves or they experienced vicariously the abandonment of a caregiver.

            Patient is subsequently attempting to relive said trauma so as to understand it at an adult level and will continue to provoke thematic consequences either to relive depressed emotions so as to expiate them or to achieve some other cathartic release.

            Depending on subsequent traumas experienced by this individual, healing may or may not be the end goal. Documented case evidence indicates a strongly narcissistic personality coupled with self destructive tendencies, thus indicating that resolution is not the goal. Pain for pains sake seems to be the goal. This can indicate an excessive amount of guilt over the provoking incident which most likely was not within the patients control.



            Bottom line.... She wont be a good partner until she fixes this. Now if you want to be her guinea pig, enjoy that pain. but know that once she fixes her problem she WILL NOT CHOOSE YOU.... You are just the school, she will graduate and move to someone with whom she has no baggage at all.
            Whoa. Thank you for posting this. I never thought of it that way...

            Comment


            • Quelsen could be right or......

              I know this isn't going to be a popular view but maybe she is realizing what she walked a way from. The intensity of the relationship may have taken her by surprise, she may have felt she wasn't emotionally ready for it. When I met my husband I had it in my mind that I wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I liked and respected him too much to date him casually and I didn't think I was capable of being a good long term partner. Obviously I decided to take the plunge (we've been together 20+ yrs.) even though I didn't feel ready. There are no guarantees and I'm not sure any one is ever really emotionally ready. You can learn and grow together.

              I think you should talk to her (in person) but let her know you are not willing to go back and forth. She needs to be honest and admit why she pulled away from you.
              Last edited by Urban Forager; 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ellie_Miller View Post
                Don't be sorry TFC.

                Why did she want to end things in the first place again?
                She said that I was much more prepared for the relationship than she was... she still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend that she broke up with 10 months ago... that I didn't accept the person she was. Three days beforehand she was pushing me away; it was out of nowhere and caught me very offguard.
                ad astra per aspera

                Comment


                • wow.. yeah, print quelsen's post off and tape it everywhere
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

                  Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    wow.. yeah, print quelsen's post off and tape it everywhere
                    This x 1000000000000000000.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
                      She said that I was much more prepared for the relationship than she was... she still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend that she broke up with 10 months ago... that I didn't accept the person she was. Three days beforehand she was pushing me away; it was out of nowhere and caught me very offguard.
                      Sounds like she has a trend of regretting her actions.
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

                      "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
                        She said that I was much more prepared for the relationship than she was... she still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend that she broke up with 10 months ago... that I didn't accept the person she was. Three days beforehand she was pushing me away; it was out of nowhere and caught me very offguard.
                        If you feel strongly about her and you want to give the relationship another shot, then talk about this with her. If you trust that she is prepared for the relationship now and she doesn't have feeling for her ex anymore, then get back together with her. You didn't accept the person she was? Definitely clear this issue up too. Good luck!

                        Comment


                        • She is obviously confused. But the best thing you can do is the old play hard to get trick. She knows you love her more than she loves you. Women only realise what they have lost if you aren't available. If she knows she can have you back in a second she won't want you.

                          Give her something to chase. Women like the challenge and love bastards.

                          I know I am being over simplistic. But I'm a woman and I understand the game playing. Don't be available to talk. Tell her there is nothing to talk about. Act happy when you see her but be a little detached. It will eat her up.

                          If you are dependable and there when she needs you she will say "I just want to be friends, you're too nice".


                          Only distance will help her realise if she has made a mistake. Sorry this sounds so sick and game playing, but it works! Play hard to get!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rueben View Post
                            If she knows she can have you back in a second she won't want you.
                            I've been there and done that. I had a girlfriend in high school that broke up with me, after she cheated on me and I took her back, because said she just wanted to be friends. It tore me up, I couldn't eat or sleep...but when I would ignore her for a few days, she'd call me to tell me about the date she just went on...she just wanted to feel wanted by me and I played right into it. Instead of hating her like I should, I've always been embarrassed to see her, even over a decade later because I know, deep down, she owned me for a long time. It's very humiliating, TFC, don't be humiliated. Grab your balls and say out loud "You can not have these".
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                            Comment


                            • I concur with what Quelsen said.

                              If you really love her, and she really loves you, the two of you need to go to counseling. Together, AND separately.

                              If she won't agree to counseling, then she's not worth the pain.

                              Comment


                              • The only known cure for a broken heart is a box of kittens.
                                "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X