Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to drop the last 3-5 lbs and I have an idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leida View Post
    Hi folks, thank you for clearing that up. I can add citrate and potassium to my stack.
    I do drink broth, almost daily. If I eat avocado, say, ~1 cup pureed, it says 800 mg K, and 55 mg Magnesium in about 290 calories, should that be a good replacement to the vitamins? I don't like taking supplements by the handful.

I want to add that all my symptoms cleared after a day of increasing protein from 60 g to 90 -110 g grams.
    Yes, the avocado is great for getting the K and a little Mag in your diet... plus it's fatty... since you want that.

I would recommend, however, getting yourself a small shaker of NoSalt at the grocery store. NoSalt is pure KCl.
    It tastes kind of bad, but it's an instant boost... you can dissolve a pinch... maybe 1/8th a tsp in a little warm water and gulp it down... and it goes into your system so fast it's like magic.
    If you do that I'd have something tasty on standby to chase it with maybe lemon water... it tastes like butt.
    I keep it on had at ALL times for if I've slacked on my supplement pills a couple of days because I was feeling fine and I feel like I'm having a potassium crash. Not fun, and the pills take longer to make me feel better.
    It's also totally magic for muscle cramps.

A little more protein is good sometimes.
    We are all individuals.
    You lift weights, and work out at the gym a lot... it sounds like you just need a little more.
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Potassium chloride will be the bitter salt, sylvinite if I recall my basic mineralogy correctly from 20 years back (well, bitter salt is a translation from my native tongue, so dunno if you call it the same in English). No wonder it tastes like crap. We were recommended against taste-testing it to distinguish from galite (the normal salt) since it is a powerful laxative. So, uhm, does KCl causes the runs? If it doesn't, I will give it a shot, though with avocado being so high in K, maybe it is a better tasting solution, lol!
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
        Potassium chloride will be the bitter salt, sylvinite if I recall my basic mineralogy correctly from 20 years back (well, bitter salt is a translation from my native tongue, so dunno if you call it the same in English). No wonder it tastes like crap. We were recommended against taste-testing it to distinguish from galite (the normal salt) since it is a powerful laxative. So, uhm, does KCl causes the runs? If it doesn't, I will give it a shot, though with avocado being so high in K, maybe it is a better tasting solution, lol!
        I've never had the small amount of KCl I've taken cause the runs... I take about 1/8th tsp once or twice a day if I really NEED it and it does the trick.
        I usually take the K citrate (I need the citrate version also for another reason) gel caps but try not to take them ALL the time because I get K from foods as well... I try and take them according to how I feel/my need and when I slack on taking them too much sometimes I can get a big potassium crash including chest ache and tingling in the hands/feet and around the mouth.
        These crashes are caused because I take a medication that causes me to hyper-excrete some minerals.
        That's when I take the KCl... and it works fast!

Now, the Mag citrate if I'm not careful does cause the runs...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Thank you for sharing! You know, I think I will try the pills for K, because I do not have the medication so slow release will probably be Okay for me. Just don't feel like drinking any more liquids. Gonna go for a walk right now and load on both citrates in the pharmacy.

There is an avocado rolling in the fridge for the last week, I will see how many grams I can fit in today if I chalk out all other vegetables.

Anyone tried Green Tea Extract to burn off the stubborn fat, while we are on the supplements theme?
          Last edited by Leida; 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

You can get salt that is half-and-half KCl and NaCl. It tastes a little better than pure KCl. I found that taking these supplements was only needed temporarily. The loss of potassium doesn't go on forever.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Gottcha. I bought both citrates, and will start taking them every night with supper (with the rest of the stack). Chewing on my weekly seaweed now. Gotta help matters too, I bet.

Comment

Working...
              X