Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Try-ee. I tried it for 700 days and I don't quit. Worked.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, that's related to how one feels as well as how one looks. Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Interesting you only noticed number 1 on my list. In fact, I may never feel un-self-conscious in a bikini and that's okay because all the other things on my list are about 100 times more important.
      I just quoted the first line. The other things, I want too, apart from running a marathon. I have never ever in my life wanted to run a marathon. Even when I was CW and all pumped up about learning to run (OMG, I can run!).

Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
      True. Still, feeling comfortable and having a true conviction that you LGN... there is a difference. I put on my bathing suit and walk into the pool/steam room. My thighs spreading around or the fat rolling over the band ain't gotta stop me from enjoying myself, no more than a swimming cap/goggles making me look like a dork would. I am not gonna go to the pool in a crappy bikini and full make up and with my hair arranged. But I know that I don't look good.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
        Also, that's related to how one feels as well as how one looks. Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
        +100....so very very true

Comment

This.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
            I try it 2 days a month and those are the only days I don't poo my pants. PRIMAL DOESN'T WORK.
            I love bathroom humour... seriously, I laughed outloud!
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

You should get one with a sword in it.
              Unless you live in California. Then then you would just look like a dignified felon...

Comment

Working...
              X