No announcement yet.

What Causes the "Pear" Shape in Men?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A certain amount of belly size is natural when relaxed or digesting a meal. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

If the belly isn't flat during exercise on an empty stomach, then you have actual visceral fat.

Comment

Just looking at it, it looks more flabby than firm? If it's flabby, that means it's over the muscle, not under~ not necessarily prettier, but not as bad health wise. So, does it jiggle, or it is it hard, like a preggy belly? Inquiring minds.......

Comment

You're not enormously fat, so I wouldn't say you're in the "danger" zone right now! Just eat a good clean primal diet and follow the recommendations, and it should come off. A lot of men are prone to belly fat! I also agree that it looks flabby rather than firm... my husband's is much firmer and my scales tell him his visceral fat is high (and it's lots higher than mine, for all that I visually LOOK fatter than him because he seems much "firmer").

Either way, it's possible to lose the fat and improve your health, so don't despair!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Give it time. By the way, do you drink a lot of beer? Could be a beer belly, too. In any case, it takes time to lose real weight. You'll get there. But watch the overeating. Coconut fat by the tbsp isn't necessary and almond binges aren't going to help you. Have some red meat and eat bigger meals of real meat and veggies slathered in butter so you don't have to snack on relatively nutrient-poor stuff like coconut oil by the spoonful and almonds and yogurt.
          I've drank a lot all my adult life unfortunately. About a year and a half ago I pretty much stopped dead though as I became a pretty serious meditator and alcohol interferes with progress... but I've also been known to eat 3 chic bars a day at times, and have an insatiable appetite for anything sweet...

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
            Just looking at it, it looks more flabby than firm? If it's flabby, that means it's over the muscle, not under~ not necessarily prettier, but not as bad health wise. So, does it jiggle, or it is it hard, like a preggy belly? Inquiring minds.......
            Feels fairly firm to me. Im due to do my 2wk photos today though so later on I think I'll start a journal about this and post the pics. hopefully i'll have made some small progress already!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Fireling View Post
              You're not enormously fat, so I wouldn't say you're in the "danger" zone right now! Just eat a good clean primal diet and follow the recommendations, and it should come off. A lot of men are prone to belly fat! I also agree that it looks flabby rather than firm... my husband's is much firmer and my scales tell him his visceral fat is high (and it's lots higher than mine, for all that I visually LOOK fatter than him because he seems much "firmer").

Either way, it's possible to lose the fat and improve your health, so don't despair!
              Well I've always been pretty active. Hour a day with the dog, yoga, swimming, on/off heavy lifting for years. Hopefully the cutting out of grains in their entirety along with low carb / high fat should equal fast progress!

Comment

Working...
              X