Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
    Anyone on here look their age? Older?
    I look younger than my age. I am guessing this because when I mention my age no-one believes me. What? You're not 51! But I think it is just because people don't pay attention to the details. My hair is naturally ash blond and I think it helps me look younger, and no one notices the wrinkles under my chin.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by rantingredneck View Post
      Probably doesn't help much that I'm not presently wearing a wedding band. It doesn't fit anymore LOL. Need to have it taken down a size or two.
      I haven't worn my band at work in years. For safety reason's its best I don't wear it. Wifey has gotten used to it though and understand.
      All time high weight 262 lbs
      Primal since Spring 2012
      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
        Anyone on here look their age? Older?
        Well as stated earlier, no I don't but it actually has nothing to do with eating primal! I've always looked very young for my age, not helped by the fact that I'm just 4'11"! I do have graying hair, but I dye it so most people aren't any the wiser . I'm actually, sorta, hoping that if I keep eating well my gray hairs will go back to brown . Not really expecting it though!

I actually once had a funny exchange with someone on a forum, who claimed that most women who thought they looked younger were actually deluding themselves. So, to prove my case, I posted my picture in my avatar. In another, totally unrelated thread, some guy commented, "I thought you were much older!" in response to my picture. My response to him was something like, "I AM older, I just don't look it!" He then said that in my picture I looked about 17 (I was 37 at the time).

There are downsides to looking ridiculously young though. You should see some of the looks I get when people realise I have kids (10, 12 and 14). Without knowing my age they think I'm an insanely young mother, and you can almost see the thought processes ticking over in their minds, wondering exactly HOW YOUNG I was when I first gave birth!

There's something to be said for just looking GOOD for your age, and in great shape, rather than years younger! (Although I doubt I'll complain if when I'm 70 I get accused of looking 50 or so ).

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Fireling View Post
          Well as stated earlier, no I don't but it actually has nothing to do with eating primal! I've always looked very young for my age, not helped by the fact that I'm just 4'11"! I do have graying hair, but I dye it so most people aren't any the wiser . I'm actually, sorta, hoping that if I keep eating well my gray hairs will go back to brown . Not really expecting it though!

I actually once had a funny exchange with someone on a forum, who claimed that most women who thought they looked younger were actually deluding themselves. So, to prove my case, I posted my picture in my avatar. In another, totally unrelated thread, some guy commented, "I thought you were much older!" in response to my picture. My response to him was something like, "I AM older, I just don't look it!" He then said that in my picture I looked about 17 (I was 37 at the time).

There are downsides to looking ridiculously young though. You should see some of the looks I get when people realise I have kids (10, 12 and 14). Without knowing my age they think I'm an insanely young mother, and you can almost see the thought processes ticking over in their minds, wondering exactly HOW YOUNG I was when I first gave birth!

There's something to be said for just looking GOOD for your age, and in great shape, rather than years younger! (Although I doubt I'll complain if when I'm 70 I get accused of looking 50 or so ).

Comment

Definitely get more attention from women. I find it a bit shocking given I was invisible 9 months ago.

Strength, vitality and confidence are attractive; people respond to it. Although I've had 20-something's give me the "hi, how you doin?" bit, women closer to my age of 45 show the most interest. I don't come across many other guys my age that focus their exercise routine on strength. They're either skinny-fat cardio types or fat-fat SAD types. I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseyjim View Post
              I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .
              Lol! Love it!
              My Writing Blog
              My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jerseyjim View Post
                I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .
                Pun intended right?
                All time high weight 262 lbs
                Primal since Spring 2012
                Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Grokdaddy View Post
                  Pun intended right?

Pun, what pun?

I'll leave interpretation up to the reader as befits their world view

Comment

Not for this Grok. Invisible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                      Paint-on liver spots?
                      Ha ha! Funnily enough I do have smallish liver spots that have shrunk since I went primal.

I've been attempting to dress more grown-up. However, dressing studenty/boho is my natural style and inclination, and I detest power dressing.

Spent a few hours at an eye hospital yesterday, sticking out like a sore thumb as most other patients there were over 60.

But am very happy with the outcome that I won't need to take any pharmaceuticals and that I am discharged from the NHS regarding my high intraocular pressure for the time being.
                      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Not really ... though I live in a small town with not very many people who are my "type," so it doesn't really bother me. The kind of guys who express any interest probably would have been interested in me before I was fully paleo -- I was never grossly overweight, though I have gotten a lot leaner/more muscle definition.
                        As sbhikes said, the kind of guys who are into tomboys/female jocks/etc tend to be a little less concerned with body comp (to an extent).
                        Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I work in an office, so I think people assume I'm a bit older than I actually am, but I'm the youngest person here (24 now, started here just before turning 23). I guess that's kind of young for being the sole Help Desk rep in my office. Out and about, people usually assume I'm in college and I get carded all the time. I don't get carded as much when my hair is pink or purple, but I have no idea why that might be.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            if they know they cant get you as you are out of their league, they will be attentitive but they wont actually say "hey babe, how about it".
                            Ah, now I understand. I'm way out of everybody's league.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            OMG this old Gwamma was hit on last night whilst out and about....and really sadly.... I didn't notice it, but DH did.
                            I think that's my issue. I decided I would try and see if anybody is sneaking a look at me. I think I've caught a few people taking a peek at me.

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            I look at most of my partner's male friends and realize how rare a guy who is fit over 40 really is.
                            That's for sure. Plus since I hang around with a lot of the fit ones, it's really rare to find a fit guy over 40 who doesn't have that tired, dried out, deflated, wan appearance that older guys get on statins and low fat diets.

Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post
                            Not really ... though I live in a small town with not very many people who are my "type," so it doesn't really bother me. The kind of guys who express any interest probably would have been interested in me before I was fully paleo -- I was never grossly overweight, though I have gotten a lot leaner/more muscle definition.
                            As sbhikes said, the kind of guys who are into tomboys/female jocks/etc tend to be a little less concerned with body comp (to an extent).
                            Well, AmyMac, if I lived in your town I'd probably be sneaking glances at you even though I'm female just because outdoorsy girls are so awesome and so rare.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• That's for sure. Plus since I hang around with a lot of the fit ones, it's really rare to find a fit guy over 40 who doesn't have that tired, dried out, deflated, wan appearance that older guys get on statins and low fat diets.
                              it is a balance tho as i have come across the phenomenum of older guy, who still has all his hair, "looks after himself", prob would have been naturally slim etc. and they look metro to an almost unnatural degree. and they are also hell vain lol kinda annoying too as when i was even 10 yrs younger, i wouldnt have had to deal with them at all. they would have taken one look at the tatts and ran! i come across a lot too who suffer from the wine-is-fine-but-whisky's-quicker route to physical and mental decline and that isnt pretty either as they are deluded to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                                Nope, nobody ever notices me or hits on me, primal, paleo, whole foods, CW, whatever.
                                Same here, I am so accustomed to not being on "that" radar screen after having spend so many years being so...large...that I probably wouldn't even notice it if someone did! Then again, there IS the "little" tat that peeks out of my shirt depending on how the back collar is designed, and I am amazed at the number of people I know my age who are convinced that I am just far too active for a 52 year old woman. This probably explains my great invisibility power...
                                Last edited by Catrin; 10-02-2012, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X