No announcement yet.

Primal Living = Getting Hit On More?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only one that's sexy is the girl on the far right, who someday i'll marry...she just doesn't know it yet the others are ugly and boney
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      My husband just laughs at me when I tell him (incredulously) how often I get hit on now. He says, "Honey, you have always been beautiful, but now that you know it, you are dangerous."

Sometimes I actually act vain and he laments that he has created a monster. I respond, "No Darling, Primal has created this fabulous beast."
      Pebbles, I LOVE this! And your kick-arse attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        To be fair, they are athletes, runners, I assume distance runners which somewhat selects for a thin, light figure. There is no bonus of having tits and ass for running. They don't look unhealthy or suffering, they just don't look sexy. It's not a look or a body I'd aspire to unless my goal was to win at distance races.
        Yes, they are distance runners at a university. But they are also scantily-clad, as are many women wandering around the great outdoors of this area. That was mostly my point in posting that picture. So many beautiful people here out flaunting it.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
          Lots, often by guys who are 10 years younger (I'm in my mid 30s, so we're talking guys in their early to mid 20s sometimes!). However, I already have an amazing primal man at home, so I am flattered but definitely not looking for a mate. I've been told quite often recently that I look like I'm around 25, so that plays a role I'm sure.

He gets a lot of attention too, and nobody believes he's 40. People really want to know our secret!
          we are the same -- same ages and everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            I keep getting hit on by guys young enough to be my kids.
            Speaking of which, the sugar-momma offer still stands.

Just sayin'.
            “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Yes, I think I get hit on more due to confidence because I wasn't all that heavy. But it's the athletic stuff I do that gives me life, the primal eating just makes me feel healthy enough to do the work. One thing that I find odd, and it may have happened at this age any, is that younger guys hit on me a lot. I'm 40, but look a bit younger and I always expect them to slowly back away when they do the math ... She's 40 and I'm 25 ... But they don't seem to mind. So I guess I won't mind either

Comment

Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                Yes, I think I get hit on more due to confidence because I wasn't all that heavy. But it's the athletic stuff I do that gives me life, the primal eating just makes me feel healthy enough to do the work. One thing that I find odd, and it may have happened at this age any, is that younger guys hit on me a lot. I'm 40, but look a bit younger and I always expect them to slowly back away when they do the math ... She's 40 and I'm 25 ... But they don't seem to mind. So I guess I won't mind either
                Yeah, based on your avatar I would guess you were about 28... if that! Get it girl

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                  Well, that's tough. Then, again, where-ever I lived, people were normal, even when I ventured in the scary USA places were people were far heavier than average, I still fit in the Les Invisibles. In fact, I think I would be even if I looked like one of those gals. It's about the attitude, not the bod. The Je ne sais quoi that makes a woman endlessly hittable and desirable by random men around is not a waist-hip ratio. I might not know what it is, specifically, that draws all men to that one gal in the room, make them run after her in the streets, and strike a convo on the bus, but I know that it is not beauty.
                  This is very true, I think. I have always been the great invisible woman, it seems, even when I was younger, quite slim, and not hideously unattractive. In fact, I think I look not too bad, really, at least compared to the average . Sure I'm now fatter, but I'm not massively overweight (BMI about 27), and I look young for my age (I'm 39 but most people pick me as at least a decade younger). I'm not stunningly gorgeous, obviously, but I'm not awful. And yet... as far as men are concerned, I've always been pretty invisible!

So yeah, I think there's a "thing" some women seem to have, and it's not always being stunningly beautiful! It's just something I lack . I remember one girl I went to school with, and when we went on a trip to the Northern Territory, I remember she had this bunch of guys just following her everywhere. I remember thinking "HOW??" because she was really very average, wore these big, ugly glasses etc. and yet she seemed to be a man magnet!

Comment

Isn't one of Mark's reasons to go Primal was to LGN? I haven't been Primal long, have lost some weight, to the tune of @ 30 lbs, and at my age (not quite Methuselah) I am hoping it true!!! lol

Comment

I have impressive powers of invisibility. The comments I get when I have to give my drivers liscence though are priceless. Everything from "no way" (yes, I did reply with "way" to how'd you do it which took me a minute to figure out what the hell they we're asking about.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        we are the same -- same ages and everything!
                        I am also far healthier and more fit than I was at 25, and it's a nice feeling to know that with primal living we can keep enjoying that health for years to come, as you said upthread.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

What's really weird is that most men totally ignore me, but there are a few men who don't. There's something about me that is really attractive to some men. I find it kind of odd, too, because I don't consider myself attractive in a traditional or feminine way. I think there are some men who are really attracted to tomboys. Those men found me attractive 30lbs heavier, they find me attractive now. And the strangest thing about it is, I don't think they could articulate what it is that they like about me. I don't think they even really notice that they like me. It always seems really subconscious or something. I mean, if some big boobs in a bikini walked in the room, they'd be drooling like any man, but while other men don't even notice me, these tomboy-loving ones do, but I get the sense they don't realize that they do and I don't think they'd even call me a tomboy.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Yes, I am getting hit on more. Also letting my hair grow longer and going blonde has to be a factor. I've looked significantly young for my age since late teens, but going primal has knocked a few more years off. I was asked for ID to prove I'm over 25 earlier this year, aged 41.

Unfortunately, I find looking a lot younger an obstacle in finding a partner through a chance encounter, as I generally prefer men a few years older And unless they were primal too and/or looked younger they probably wouldn't feel too comfortable about risking being mistaken for my father.
                            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I guess I'll answer my own question lol. I haven't really noticed if I'm getting hit on more now than before going primal (I don't think I am) but in my experience women are less likely to hit on a man then vice versa. Ladies if you wanna chime in on this please do. I am happily married so I would never take up any offers but I'm sure I am not alone when I say it's always nice when someone from the opposite sex notices your hard work and commitment. I did have a funny situation last summer. I was working an adult event in a local park (for those who don't know I am a cop) and this woman got my attention. She said she was hitting on me for her "friend". She said I drive by her house a lot and she noticed me and recommended me to her single "friend". She said she was married but thought I was cute and would be good for her girlfriend. Yeah right. Of course being the good hubby I broke the news to her that I had a wifey at home and thanked her for the compliment. I am sure she was hitting on me for her.

I have lost 40 plus pounds over the past 2 years through CW and Primal. I know I have more confidence now that the weight is off. In fact I'll admit I've got just a tad bit more "cocky" not over the top but self assured. You can say I've found my alpha male which I believe a lot of women find attractive in men.
                              All time high weight 262 lbs
                              Primal since Spring 2012
                              Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                              Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                              Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                              All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

It's innate! We're wired to be attracted to healthy mates. Men might not know why, but they can't look away from little ol' modest, no-makeup me

Comment

Working...
                                X