Sh*t my husband says...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jena View Post
    Reason number 1,236,998,009 I am never getting married, lol. Or at least not to someone who eats like a toddler!
    Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
    amen Jena. it's too late for me, save yourself!!
    LOL. My dog appreciates Primal cooking.

Comment

I am finding that without the sodium added in processed foods, I actually need the salt. So I do add it to my food - and love it !!!!!!
      Husbands hmmmmmm thats a whole nother matter !!!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Defo need to roast the bird first, then take all that juice that runs out of it and sets like jelly in the bottom of the roasting pan and add that into the stock too, (after you have ripped the skin off the chuck and eaten it dipped in this lush fatty juice stuff)

Save most of the meat for eating cold, boil the carcuss and all the nasty bits up for hours, put through a stainer then pick all the meat off the bones (if you are going to blend the soup chuck the skin in the eating pile too) I usally add the veggies into the soup, celary, carrots, onions, leeks, parsnips, mushrooms what ever is in the bottom of the fridge that isn't too bitter (don't reccomend green bell peppers, or stuff that goes too mushy like brocolli) Mixed herbs, black pepper, garlic and your done, (salt to taste of you want, but tend not to bother we just don't have the taste for it)

I have never had a bad or bland stock or soup, it's always wolfed down and that is why you ladies need to choose your husband better ;P
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Save most of the meat for eating cold, boil the carcuss and all the nasty bits up for hours, put through a stainer then pick all the meat off the bones (if you are going to blend the soup chuck the skin in the eating pile too) I usally add the veggies into the soup, celary, carrots, onions, leeks, parsnips, mushrooms what ever is in the bottom of the fridge that isn't too bitter (don't reccomend green bell peppers, or stuff that goes too mushy like brocolli) Mixed herbs, black pepper, garlic and your done, (salt to taste of you want, but tend not to bother we just don't have the taste for it)
          I roast a chicken stuffed with lemons, garlic and fennel and toss a bunch into the bottom of the pan as well. The pan juices come out omg-savory and the roasted fennel chunks are translucent and tasty. I then strain out the veggies and make a reduction out the juices with wine and butter and put that in ice cube trays. When I want to make something super flavorful - I add a cube or two of the reduction. It makes any normal broth signifigantly more complex and flavorful.

Comment

+1
            my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Comment

Oh look another man bashing thread
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by SarahW View Post
                If we didn't live on opposite sides of the country, I could swear my husband was secretly polygamous, lol.

My husbands insists on having his steaks burnt, no red inside. He thinks eating pink meat will kill him. He has gone with me to pick up the grass-fed beef from our co-op, but he still thinks he might die. I tell him I use a meat thermometer, and that I am food-safety certified (well, I was, through McDonald's corp, when I was 19, but still, I know what temperature beef should be to be cooked), but it still scares him to death. I tell him that eating burned meat will give him cancer, but half the time he thinks he already has cancer somewhere, and the other half of the time he says "but I just don't like it!"

We've compromised, I will only make pot roasts for him. And I will make medium-rare steaks for myself with lots and lots of gooey fat on them. Marriage - it's what brings us together.
                Seriously, maybe we have the same husband.

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                We are bashing INDIVIDUAL men, not men in general. So it's not another man bashing thread.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Only that your palate changes and you often "need" less salt.
                  I've found it also changed from what you've been doing, too. Once I came home from a very long walk in the hot sun, and I got a huge drink. Then I knew that I needed... something. I wasn't exactly hungry but I was feeling a craving for something I couldn't name. So I opened the fridge, looking around and seized a bottle of olives stuffed with garlic. I ate 8 of those suckers straight before they stopped tasting good. After I was done I realized it had been a day since I'd had something seriously salty, and the heat and exercise must have kicked my need over into a craving. It was fascinating!
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

great suggestions (though I did not read them all). Be mindful though that after a acquired processed taste, good cooking from scratch will taste different. Give it some time. I am sure it was lovely!!
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

The OP never said they had issues with making it. Maybe it did come out bad, in which case, why are people jumping all over the case of the husband? If he doesn't get it ("where's the cube?", I'm guessing he isn't Primal), that sucks at all, but it's not his fault it didn't come out right.

But at least people posted some good tips.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

not necessarily. I'd be just as annoyed with my husband if he was my lesbian partner.
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Lol... and if I did get married there would be a thread on here posted by said future husband asking for herb and supplement combos he could get me to take to shut my nagging ass up or something

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            LOL. My dog appreciates Primal cooking.
                            Even my cat will eat some salmon and tuna... no complaints from him my ex boyfriend wouldn't eat anything that resembled fish, barely any beef, and no chicken with bones in it... his "veggie" intake consisted of canned corn and green beans. Even before I was primal I found his diet to be toddler-like.

Comment

it's not man bashing, it's baby bashing
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

I don't understand why men/women are being so unthankful for their super sweet husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend
                                well then

Comment

Working...
                                X