No announcement yet.

The last puff!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! I will be joining you as a non smoker on October 1st! It is all about mindset!

Comment

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 years for me. Met the man I'm still hopelessly in love with and decided I wanted to be with him for a very, very long time. And I knew he was a keeper when he endured all of my withdrawal bs -- from the fetal position to downright nastiness.

You can so do it and will feel worlds better!

Comment

I quit when I found out I was pregnant (wasn't planning on it), but "I did it, I did it, and you can do it too!" [set to music]. You'll have some hard days, but keep up your determination and before you know it you won't be thinking about it anymore.
        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Congratulations on one of the best decisions you will ever make. I watched my grandmother die of lung cancer when I was a little kid and it had a profound effect on me. Not a good way to go.

You are going to live to see your grandkids grow up. That is awesome.

Comment

awesome! way to go!

Comment

ABsolutely agree, awesome!

When my mum was 38, she just said, 'no more' and that was it. That was 30 years ago

Comment

WOW!!! I am amazed at the support I have gotten. I haven't told anyone in my private life yet... no, not so I can start back up if I want to (I won't) but because it will be awesome to tell them "Hey, I quit smoking... two weeks ago". I have a former reputation of not sticking to things, lol. Last night was what I was really worried about and it was not a problem at all. I feel great today, no cravings! Thanks guys!!!!

Comment

Still going strong btw... the real test will be when I hang out with my friend this weekend, she smokes. But honestly it just sounds awful anyway. Some little pangs here and there, but nothing I can't handle.

Comment

You can do it!!!
                    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Jena View Post
                      Still going strong btw... the real test will be when I hang out with my friend this weekend, she smokes. But honestly it just sounds awful anyway. Some little pangs here and there, but nothing I can't handle.
                      We are all rooting for you. You can do this.

Comment

You'll do it, I feel sure! Congratulations on the progress - it's fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          We are all rooting for you. You can do this.
                          Another day smoke free! The awesome thing is that I am not just "getting through" it... I am happy and excited about it! Thanks for the support, it means so much to me!

Comment

yay! one day just becomes another and another! good for you!

Comment

Excellent going Jena!
                              Keep it up!

Comment

You've inspired me, I have Allen Carr's book and while my husband successfully quit for over a month after reading it (and that's saying a lot for him, he's a super heavy smoker) I read it at a bad time and didn't really take it to heart. This month we're going all-in and "detoxing"--going totally Primal (whole30), no alcohol, and quitting smoking after reading the book again tonight. I just turned 33 on Saturday and realized that I've been smoking for 18 years, ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X