No announcement yet.

Natural remedies !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear that coconut oil can be used for a number of things. Recently, after shaving the old armpits, I had a nasty rash. Lathered it with coconut oil and gone, sting and all.
    What else is it useful for ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Ginger is also excellent for motion sickness!

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        What else is it useful for ????
        Cooking
        Argue not with idiots, lest they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

at the first sign of any kind of sickness, I tend to drink some water + powdered C (do your research on these, all brands are not equal!)

colds: eat massive quantities of chopped RAW garlic. (not the pre-chopped stuff in a jar - that stuff's better than nothing, but it's usually milder than fresh chopped, potentially has additives/chemicals used in processing, and.. there's just an extra bite to the super-fresh stuff.) It will probably burn, clear your sinuses, possibly make you cry... but it really freakin' works.

allergies: local raw honey - ingesting the bee-processed pollen helps your reaction to it.

gum issues: tea tree oil - put a drop on your toothbrush and/or dilute and use as a mouthwash.

UTIs - 1-2oz unsweetened cranberry juice + 2oz apple cider vinegar, topped with some club soda - I like it over ice - the flavor is intense, but in a cleansing, healthyish kind of way.

UTIs in cats - add a cap-ful of apple cider vinegar to their food - I have 2 cats that share a dish (ACV isn't harmful to the one that doesn't have a UTI), they get half of the (13.5oz) can per feeding, so I stir in the ACV and some water - they don't seem to mind the taste.

Yeast infections - prick a garlic clove with a fork, and stick it in the vagina. I've heard all kind of advice about putting the clove in a piece of gauze with a string for easy retrieval and/or warnings NOT to prick it with a fork (it can burn sometimes), but I'm not afraid to "dig" for the clove, and it doesn't usually work as well for ME if I don't prick the clove.

Comment

[QUOTE=PrimalMama;955948

Yeast infections - prick a garlic clove with a fork, and stick it in the vagina. I've heard all kind of advice about putting the clove in a piece of gauze with a string for easy retrieval and/or warnings NOT to prick it with a fork (it can burn sometimes), but I'm not afraid to "dig" for the clove, and it doesn't usually work as well for ME if I don't prick the clove.[/QUOTE]

primal mama, that is hilarious !!!! I have never heard that one before !!!!
            Not sure if I will try it, however this is exactly what this thread is for, to sus out those tried and true natural remedies
            Fan-tas-tic

...small steps....

Comment

Ok I am still not getting these quotes in the correct bubble. Could someone explain it to me again. Thank you in anticipation !
              Computer illiterate !!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Gwamma, in the last one, you deleted the last bracket ] after the numbers next to the username. You have to have closed bracketts on either end, like this
                [quote ] blah blah blah [/quote ]

(I added spaces inside the brackets so you can see, but there should not be any when you are quoting someone because then the code doesn't work).
                Depression Lies

Comment

Does hydrogen peroxide qualify as natural?

When I feel a cold coming on I put a little HP in an eye dropper, I warm it slightly, lie on my side and put a drop in my ear. You can hear it fizz. I lie on my side for about 5 minutes or until the fizzing subsides. Have a tissue handy for when it runs out of your ear. Repeat in other ear. I repeat it through out the day.

For a sore throat gargle with half HP and half warm water several times a day.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Gwamma, in the last one, you deleted the last bracket ] after the numbers next to the username. You have to have closed bracketts on either end, like this
                    [quote ] blah blah blah [/quote ]

(I added spaces inside the brackets so you can see, but there should not be any when you are quoting someone because then the code doesn't work).
                    thank you NLW - lets see if I do it right this time !

ok great - hopefully I will remember for next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      Does hydrogen peroxide qualify as natural?

When I feel a cold coming on I put a little HP in an eye dropper, I warm it slightly, lie on my side and put a drop in my ear. You can hear it fizz. I lie on my side for about 5 minutes or until the fizzing subsides. Have a tissue handy for when it runs out of your ear. Repeat in other ear. I repeat it through out the day.

For a sore throat gargle with half HP and half warm water several times a day.
                      Dr. Mercola has a good video on this
                      Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                      Before and after pics
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                      Primal Sucess Story
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                      Primal Journal
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Originally posted by baogzhniia1
                        I live alone with my two cats in an apartment.
                        Thats great baogzhniia, what are their names ????

...small steps....

Comment

Actually... as far as spicy peppers in the nose... when a cold strikes I LOVE "Sinus Buster" or "Sinol" nasal spray
                          Active Ingredients: Capsaicin (4X/5X) *hot pepper extract*

Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (Chrystalized Vitamin C), Eucalyptol, Water (Purified), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Sea Salt, Vegetable Glycerin

So it's pretty natural stuff...
                          It has a certain "ZING". LOL
                          And yes... I LOVE it.
                          It's almost addictive once I start using it because you get a bit of an endorphin rush.
                          I even got my brother hooked on it.
                          But it doesn't cause "nasal spray addiction" like the Affrin and stuff does.
                          The only thing it lacks is a cool minty finish... I'd really like that.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

pop some peppermint oil in it Cori, HOWEVER IT WILL STING LIKE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              pop some peppermint oil in it Cori, HOWEVER IT WILL STING LIKE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
                              I dunno... I used to be so addicted/in love with the Affrin menthol when I was a late teen/early 20's and got sick(before I knew better). That cool sensation was great! And the Affrin is all about instant results... if you want a permanent Affrin relationship/addiction.
                              I figure since the Sinus buster already has hot pepper extract in it they ought to be able to add that cool menthol finish without making it too awful much more "burn".
                              Yes, it already burns... and causes coughing. LOL
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I've read that raw honey plus ground cinnamon will fight off a cold. I think it's kind of horseshit, but it cleared my sinuses! 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to 1 tsp of honey, or maybe it was 1 tbsp, I forget.

Raw, local honey works excellently for seasonal allergies. Nothing else reduces my sinus pressure. The only problem is I'd have to eat it every few hours for consistent relief.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X