bright red urine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    And it translates to "red bush" so there must be something to it . . .
    Yes, when the Dutch settlers in South Africa ran out of tea, they decided to figure out what that stuff was that the natives drank and found it was pretty good. Rooibos does mean red bush in Afrikaans because the plant it is made from is a red bush not because your urine turns the plant that color. Germanic languages are good at functional naming of things. Not elegant.

To palebluedots, yikes. I hope you feel better soon. Don't drink rooibos by the cup, drink it by the pot, several per day. You poor thing. That sounds awful.

Comment

Have you been drinking lemon juice in water? The more the better.

That will be most helpful since acidifying the urine can help to dissolve the buildup.
      Though... at this stage... it's a bit late in the game. .
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Yes, when the Dutch settlers in South Africa ran out of tea, they decided to figure out what that stuff was that the natives drank and found it was pretty good. Rooibos does mean red bush in Afrikaans because the plant it is made from is a red bush not because your urine turns the plant that color. Germanic languages are good at functional naming of things. Not elegant.
        I wasn't completely familiar with the tea, as I don't like tea, but it just struck me as funny being a treatment for urinary problems. When I was learning Dutch I found that the inelegance had its advantages, as it made learning some words easier, if they were merely conjugations of others. Aardappel=earth apple=potato, vliermuis=flying mouse=bat and so on. Almost makes up for the grammar.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
        X