Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    er... never thought of using that for an enema....

    wow

    mind = boggled
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Yeah, the things that can be justified by nutritional and health science... quite a wide spectrum. But you can't flaw the author for having ac commercial interest. That's no snake oil, just real natural salt-loaded perfectly cleansing urine. It even has a strong recycling element.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Leida View Post
        Yeah, the things that can be justified by nutritional and health science... quite a wide spectrum. But you can't flaw the author for having ac commercial interest. That's no snake oil, just real natural salt-loaded perfectly cleansing urine. It even has a strong recycling element.
        Go Green... or Yellow as the case may be :-)
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

        Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

        CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

        Comment


        • #19
          What about chelating?

          Certain things (ALA, DMSA, DPMS, etc) are used to remove mercury from the body. Mercury being a toxic substance, I suppose this can be one form of "detoxification".

          I think the key is to be specific about what is being "detoxed", and whether or not it actually works. The substance being removed needs to be clearly understood to be a toxic substance.

          More shady things like enemas and "oil pulling" may or may not "detox". I don't think one can definitively call them a "detox" as of yet.
          Last edited by Bosnic; 09-18-2012, 08:46 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
            What about chelating?

            Certain things (ALA, DMSA, DPMS, etc) are used to remove mercury from the body. Mercury being a toxic substance, I suppose this can be one form of "detoxification".

            I think the key is to be specific about what is being "detoxed", and whether or not it actually works. The substance being removed needs to be clearly understood to be a toxic substance.

            More shady things like enemas and "oil pulling" may or may not "detox". I don't think one can definitively call them a "detox" as of yet.
            having cheleated personally i can attest both with laboratory values and with anecdotal stories that an effect is produced by these provoking substances... i would consider chelation a true form of detoxification which is outside the bodies normal operating parameters. esp given that without the provocation most of those agents refuse to leave the body.
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

            Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

            CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


            Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              In my experience there are ways to unplug the drain, and ways to flush the contents thru it faster. However most of the time what i hear from the "gurus" out there who are simply attempting to differentiate themselves from the pack so as to make a quick buck is that ONE thing applied topically will cure ALL your ills ( pads on the feet etc )

              I think what gets people is that they can SEE instant results. Anything that opens your pores will allow, theoretically, more excretion of what was at the surface anyway. Catch that on an absorbent pad or in a container of fluid and viola, instant proof that it is working.

              However the real toxins are not in the skin per se but in the cells. the body's primary natural pathway for garbage disposal is the liver followed by the lungs. This means that the lymph is the most important pathway followed by the circulatory system.

              Here is something to think about. the heart pumps the blood, but it is the lungs and muscles that pump the lymph. in fact the most important lymph nodes are just behind the stomach along the spine meaning that ONLY deep rhythmic breathing stimulates them....

              SO

              Deep breathing exercises as an adjust to your own natural detox system.... discuss
              I agree with this general sentiment. I think anything you do that promotes circulation and oxygenation/removal of metabolic waste will also naturally promote detoxification of any "foreign" stuff as well. You know, like walking. Or exercise of any kind. Or sleeping well. Or eating non-inflammatory food. Like, Primal Blueprint stuff...

              Honestly I think most of what comes off on those pads and other nonsense things is dead skin cells and oil and salt, which when oxidized in air (I would bet most of them have some kind of chemical, even just a mild acid or something, which promotes this) turns into a gross-looking black goo, and then the people touting it can yell LOOK OMG TOXINS!
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

              My Primal Journal

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                I agree with this general sentiment. I think anything you do that promotes circulation and oxygenation/removal of metabolic waste will also naturally promote detoxification of any "foreign" stuff as well. You know, like walking. Or exercise of any kind. Or sleeping well. Or eating non-inflammatory food. Like, Primal Blueprint stuff...

                Honestly I think most of what comes off on those pads and other nonsense things is dead skin cells and oil and salt, which when oxidized in air (I would bet most of them have some kind of chemical, even just a mild acid or something, which promotes this) turns into a gross-looking black goo, and then the people touting it can yell LOOK OMG TOXINS!
                chuckle, nods in agreement
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Deep breathing exercises as an adjust to your own natural detox system.... discuss
                  I was reading something the other day that suggested deep breathing exercises as a form of relaxation. Didn't say that it does any sort of detox. Just stimulates alpha brainwaves. Apparently the author felt that the inability to produce alpha brain waves indicated all sort of problems including blood sugar problems, not enough sleep, cortisol problems, stress, jaw or neck muscle problems etc. And that the ability to stimulate alpha waves through deep breathing exercise could help blood sugar control, gut health, hormones and all the rest.

                  I suppose that promoting relaxation could possibly detox you from stuff like crappy, stressful jobs.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                    I was reading something the other day that suggested deep breathing exercises as a form of relaxation. Didn't say that it does any sort of detox. Just stimulates alpha brainwaves. Apparently the author felt that the inability to produce alpha brain waves indicated all sort of problems including blood sugar problems, not enough sleep, cortisol problems, stress, jaw or neck muscle problems etc. And that the ability to stimulate alpha waves through deep breathing exercise could help blood sugar control, gut health, hormones and all the rest.

                    I suppose that promoting relaxation could possibly detox you from stuff like crappy, stressful jobs.
                    Aha! And here is another sense of the word that we use, which isn't quite the same thing as detoxing of foreign toxins. But, an overabundance of cortisol/adrenaline due to stress can certainly cause deleterious effects to the body's overall function, and so meditation and other such intentional relaxation could cause an effect similar to actual detoxification by restoring the recuperative and health-promoting "natural baseline" levels of our various stress-related hormones. I would probably classify this under psycho-hormonal realignment and optimization, rather than strictly detoxification. But I'm a nerd who loves making up fancy terms for things, so maybe for common parlance "detox" describes this process just fine.
                    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

                    My Primal Journal

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      endogenous hormonal realignment and optimization is not bad at all call it EHRO correction
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                      Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                      CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                      Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        Deep breathing exercises as an adjust to your own natural detox system.... discuss
                        My sports massage therapist has maintained for years that deep breathing is a "flushing" type activity; he used to be a computer geek and he compares it to a "systems check and reboot".

                        Somewhere else here in the MDA forums was a link to this: Inflammation and the Body's Response which is along the lines of "detox"--watch the video. Safe movement and heat seem to be the way to go for assisting the lymphatic network. It makes a lot of sense from a primal point of view, also... let the body work the way it has evolved to.
                        Last edited by Goldie; 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM. Reason: Dratted spelling error!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Using computer terms for bodily functions is almost more irritating than using the word detox. And yet I use them frequently anyway.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            having cheleated personally i can attest both with laboratory values and with anecdotal stories that an effect is produced by these provoking substances... i would consider chelation a true form of detoxification which is outside the bodies normal operating parameters. esp given that without the provocation most of those agents refuse to leave the body.
                            Could I ask what you chelated, and which tests you did to determine your levels?

                            Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
                              Could I ask what you chelated, and which tests you did to determine your levels?

                              Thanks.
                              these are the tests that were run

                              Last edited by quelsen; 09-19-2012, 06:02 AM.
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                              Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                              CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                              Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                the interesting thing is that the metals that i was highest in are metals that actually bind to cellular receptors and cannot be detached by the appropriate ones..

                                for instance Cesium binds to potassium receptors in the cell, howeer cesium does not provide any electron for the cell to use. as far as the cell is concerned it is connected to the outlet, but no juice is flowing...

                                Apparently lead can be passes down thru generations on the mothers side. as the genetic effects can modify gene expression on the fathers side.

                                I can say that after the first round of chelation much in my body changed. much better energy and stronger metabolism. however an interesting side effect ( mercury mostly ) is that i become extremely susceptible to anger/rage. in fact it is such a commone reaction that two rules have been established in our household

                                1 Thou shalt not take DSMA and Signature Chelate without prior warning of all occupants.
                                2 No two individuals in the home may chelate at the same time.

                                one of us has to be sane.
                                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                                Predator not Prey
                                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                                CW 315 | SW 506
                                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                                Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X