Can I take bacon to school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take bacon to school?

Gotta leave in 25 mins. Normally i don't eat at school but now I'll be gone for 7hours or so I was wondering can I cook some bacon now and store it for about 4hrs outside of the fridge without risk for foodpoisoning etc?
    well then

If it's cooked crisp... not soggy, sure. I don't see a problem there.
    Nice snack!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Yeah, I see no problem with bacon. My kids take wraps with chicken, and they're okay (yeah, the wrap itself ain't great, but sometimes I compromise). One of my kids headed off to school today with a handful of bacon, but I'm pretty sure it was eaten before he even reached the bus stop .

Comment

we take bacon everywhere all the time. it's fine.

one of our favorite lunches at the office is to steam some broccoli and cauliflower, roast some red peppers, chop tomato, toss together with bacon pieces and a bit of muster, EVOO, and a bit of raw apple cider vinegar. It's delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
          Gotta leave in 25 mins. Normally i don't eat at school but now I'll be gone for 7hours or so I was wondering can I cook some bacon now and store it for about 4hrs outside of the fridge without risk for foodpoisoning etc?
          You'll need a bodyguard ---- you don't know what people might do to get to your bacon......
          ----------------------------------------
          F, 48, 5'10"
          Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
          Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

It followed him to school one day, school one day, school one day.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

There is no time when bacon is not appropriate.

Comment

I've taken bacon on hikes that are way longer than your school day Gadsie. It should be fine.

Comment

You should watch out or bacon might take you to school.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll do it tomorrow. It's just that I get nauseated very quickly so I'm very scared of getting sick
                    well then

Comment

absolutely, in the restaurant bussiness bacon is cooked off for the week sometimes. no need for refrigeration
                      Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
                      Before and after pics
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
                      Primal Sucess Story
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
                      Primal Journal
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Comment

Working...
                      X