Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son of a b@@@h that hurt!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    OK, so far we have:

    aloe vera
    the cucumber/vinegar method
    feeling positive and lucky because bee stings are used as remedies in many places (thanks Lewis, I love your attitude)
    the tobacco/spit method
    the ice/cold water/elevation method
    swearing profusely
    benedryl
    baking soda
    tea tree oil

    And the ROFLMAO method of reading your hitchhiking with convicts stories. (Seashells for the thread Win!)

    Well, last night I used some combination of the ice/elevation plus the swearing profusely methods. Then I took some advil PM and knocked my self out with my hand up on a bunch of pillows. This morning it feels better but the finger is still puffy and a bit itchy and red and the finger joint is stiff. I think I may try combining some baking soda and tea tree oil on a bandaid to help that.

    Thanks everyone for the help and commiseration.

    Comment


    • #17
      Whisky, taken internally
      carl's cave

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by carlh View Post
        Whisky, taken internally
        I like this....

        Comment


        • #19
          The Advil PM might have actually helped because it has Diphenhydramine in it AKA Benadryl

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            OK, so far we have:

            ... vinegar method ... baking soda
            Acid or alkali?

            Are Bee Stings Acid and Wasp Stings Alkali?

            Comment


            • #21
              Last summer I got stung right on the knuckle by a wasp (It paid dearly for that mistake....)
              Ive never really reacted to stings before but this time my knuckle swelled up started swelling up my hand in a pretty good approximation of an allergic reaction.
              Tried several things (Baking soda, vinegar. turning the corpse into a voodoo bee...)

              Took some Transfer factor (colostrum) after it was apparent it wasn’t stopping. all the swelling/stinging was gone within about 20 minutes. so if you have any colostrum supplements on hand its worth taking some
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

              http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                I just got stung by a bee.
                As Nelson, from The Simpson's would say: Haaa Haaa

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                  My mother would make a paste of the two and smear it onto the sting. Not sure how well it worked, as I was never stung as a kid, but my brother and sister were. I recall her using the method on herself, too.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                    My mother would make a paste of the two and smear it onto the sting.
                    Why not? You'd get a good fizz if nothing else. It'd probably take the child's mind off the pain.

                    I can remember as a kid dropping a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda into a bottle with vinegar in and letting it blow a cork out. Of course, I knew to use a robust bottle and to have the cork fairly loosely fitted.

                    I can also remember wrapping a few matches in silver paper round the heads and putting them in a hole, then lighting the other end. I wanted to see whether confining the ignition of heads would do anything much. There was a fairly satisfying bang.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I keep bees and was stung in the boob this summer...I still have discoloration on my skin in that sting spot! Swelling and itching are probably to follow! My hubby agrees with the tobacco..I've used lemon juice.
                      Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                      http://thewoodsygal.com/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Whenever a honeybee stings me I apologize to the wee girl.
                        I'll live through it, she won't.
                        Poor lil' fuzzy.

                        Wasps are a different matter... I curse them, and may even hunt down the nest (knowing it will be nearby) so that I can wipe out the EVIL colony.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I love bees, too, would LOVE to keep them.
                          Also love spiders, one bit me on the face once, didn't love that one,
                          I was an ugly girl for awhile.
                          But the fave of all in my greenhouse, lizards, omg, my little buds who will eat the devil aphids.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                            The Advil PM might have actually helped because it has Diphenhydramine in it AKA Benadryl
                            That was my thinking exactly.

                            Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                            Very interesting. Thanks, Lewis.

                            Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                            Last summer I got stung right on the knuckle by a wasp (It paid dearly for that mistake....)
                            Ive never really reacted to stings before but this time my knuckle swelled up started swelling up my hand in a pretty good approximation of an allergic reaction.
                            Tried several things (Baking soda, vinegar. turning the corpse into a voodoo bee...)

                            Took some Transfer factor (colostrum) after it was apparent it wasn’t stopping. all the swelling/stinging was gone within about 20 minutes. so if you have any colostrum supplements on hand its worth taking some
                            Hmm. Don't have any colostrum but might be worth getting some since my neighbors have taken up bee keeping as a new hobby.

                            Originally posted by otzi View Post
                            As Nelson, from The Simpson's would say: Haaa Haaa
                            Love ya too, otzi.

                            Originally posted by solstice View Post
                            I keep bees and was stung in the boob this summer...I still have discoloration on my skin in that sting spot! Swelling and itching are probably to follow! My hubby agrees with the tobacco..I've used lemon juice.
                            Oh, now THAT would seriously hurt. You poor thing.

                            Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Whenever a honeybee stings me I apologize to the wee girl.
                            I'll live through it, she won't.
                            Poor lil' fuzzy.

                            Wasps are a different matter... I curse them, and may even hunt down the nest (knowing it will be nearby) so that I can wipe out the EVIL colony.
                            Nah, I'm with Dino hunter on this one. No mercy for either species. Poor lil' fuzzy, my a$$! Grrrr.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Cold water and ice can make a sting worse. Bee and wasp venom is thermolabile. This means it breaks down under heat. If the OP had run his finger under hot water - as hot as he could stand, the pain would likely be gone in less than 5 minutes. I have thrown peopel with multiple stings into a hot hot shower and in no time they were back to normal. If you wait too long with multiple stings the venom is in too deep to be affected by the heat and you may have other issues depending on the severity & location of the stings and you may have to seek medical attention.
                              Cheers
                              J

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                my brother as a kid, got stung inside his mouth. He couldn't eat for weeks. A bee crawled into his soda and he didn't realize it until it was to late.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X