No announcement yet.

Getting sick more often on Primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an interestic topic - lots of good and valid theories too.

I'm another one who has been getting sick since going primal in March, mind you, its been winter over here so that does explain the excess of viral illness doing the rounds. Actually my non-primal kiddies have had a really bad time of it too with near constant illness of some type or discription all winter - they are normally very healthy and don't get sick often.

I've upped my anti-inflammatory foods over the last week to try and help with chronic back pain and I'm hopeful that this will help as well with all of the snot and gunk coming out of me. I'm trying to include plenty of green tea, kelp, krill oil, and berries in my diet while also easing up on my dairy intake (inflammatory). I came down with a headcold on Wednesday last week and I'm nearly over it now, which is three weeks shorter than my last headcold and no antibiotics needed for the postviral sinus infection this time either.

Comment

Originally posted by primalswan View Post
      I do have a neti pot but I only remember to use it when I am stuffed up! I think I will get my Vit. D checked and start taking Vit. C daily. We get a produce box every week that is local, seasonal, organic and different every week so I do get a large variety of veggies. I definitely do not eat enough dark leafy greens in the summer though because we get SO many all winter that I am kind of sick of them by the warmer months.
      i was imprecise and actually meant to ask if you get a good variety of animal proteins? muscle meat,offal, fish, shellfish, quality eggs? bone broth? pastured butter? that all has had a far greater impact on my health than organic leaves.

as for leafy stuff, you can use all sorts of greens and nuts for "pesto" in the summer.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

You mention kids - how old are they and have either of them started school recently? I ask because, after not getting sick for ages, I started working as a PE teacher at a primary school two years ago and started coming down with every bug under the sun. Those little buggers are germ factories. The worst was the beginning of last year - I literally had four colds in three months. Since then, nothing. I guess my immune system has had chance to adjust and strengthen.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
          i was imprecise and actually meant to ask if you get a good variety of animal proteins? muscle meat,offal, fish, shellfish, quality eggs? bone broth? pastured butter? that all has had a far greater impact on my health than organic leaves.

as for leafy stuff, you can use all sorts of greens and nuts for "pesto" in the summer.
          We do eat a large variety of pastured meat products, eggs, we make butter from raw pastured milk, seafood and bone broths. I have yet to dive into the beef heart and liver we have in the deep freeze though. baby steps! My kids did just go back to school and I coach 2 cross country teams so who knows? Maybe it was have been even worse if we weren't eating primal. The over the summer junk was strange though.

Comment

Working...
          X