Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to find Primal options at my friendly local coffeeshop - 2 hardboiled eggs, one banana, one cup of coffee.

Comment

Coffee with coconut oil and almond milk x2
      WOD
      Whey shake made with coconut milk
      3 hardboiled eggs
      roasted sweet potato fries
      leftover avocado slaw

That was only 4.5 hours ago, and I'm already fantasizing about dinner.
      “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

It's not quite 9am here, so haven't had breakfast yet. But will soon, cos dinner was chips so I'm getting hungry. I've got a dozen or more bumnuts from the girls out the back, so that with some mushrooms I think. First, though, I'll go to the fruit and veg store and buy said mushrooms.

Comment

All this week I've been trying a new kind of breakfast (experimenting with upping my fat intake), and I'm loving it:

2 rashers of bacon from a cool biodynamic butcher I've found locally, who makes his own smallgoods without added sugar, gluten, etc (and it's DELISH)
          4 eggs from pastured hens, fried in lots of butter until just cooked but with runny yolks

All smooshed up together it looks, well, not exactly MasterChef pretty, but damn it tastes lick-the-plate-clean good. I could live on egg yolks, I think.
          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

2 hard boiled eggs.
            1 large grapefruit.
            2 large handfuls of baby carrots.
            1 large handful of raw almonds.

Comment

"20%" meal is Saturday breakfast out. I'm already looking forward to it.

several cups of coffee with heavy cream

4-meat omelet with cream cheese. Meats are: bacon/sausage/ham/pork roll (I know the non-NJ people don't know what that is, but envy is the appropriate reaction. It's a delicious smoky, salty ham-based breakfast sausage)
              Cooked in conventional butter
              No toast. No home fries.
              Heavily doused in Cholula brand hot sauce, which has some silly guar or xanthan gum. I opt not to read that label on Saturday mornings.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Fried one strip of really amazeballs bacon in coconut oil; added 2 small bunches of baby bok choy, and about 10 shrimp. Salt and pepper. Easy peasy.

OM NOM NOM.
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I read a couple of "deviled eggs" posts. I haven't had deviled eggs in a long time, and that sounds really good. Right now I'm on a business trip, but I have a hotel room with a kitchenette. I bought some eggs and pesto at Trader Joe's, and I think I'm going to make some pesto deviled eggs for breakfast tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                    Fried one strip of really amazeballs bacon in coconut oil; added 2 small bunches of baby bok choy, and about 10 shrimp. Salt and pepper. Easy peasy.

OM NOM NOM.
                    Patski, that sounds like what I made myself for dinner in my hotel room the other night!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      I read a couple of "deviled eggs" posts. I haven't had deviled eggs in a long time, and that sounds really good. Right now I'm on a business trip, but I have a hotel room with a kitchenette. I bought some eggs and pesto at Trader Joe's, and I think I'm going to make some pesto deviled eggs for breakfast tomorrow!
                      Oh, pesto deviled eggs . . . . yum! That was my reaction. I crawled into bed and my boyfriend said "would you bring me some deviled eggs". He asks me to bring him something all the time and I usually tell him to STFU, but this time I was all "deviled eggs . . .yeah". I bet they'd be pretty tasty with crumbled bacon too.
                      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Water... with half a key lime squeezed in.
                        I'll have more water and the other half of that lime soon...
                        After that... water... maybe with a calamondin that trip.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Some of the BEST deviled eggs I ever had simply had mayo, small amount of mustard, crumbled bacon and a small amount of finely chopped jalapeño pepper in them. They were gone so fast from the party I was at you had to be ninja fast to get one!

OMG, making myself want them NOW.

Comment

This morning before going kayaking I sauteed half a giant green pepper and sweet potato greens and had them with a local fried egg, plus coffee with half and half. All except the coffee from yesterday's farmer's market-- yum!

Comment

2 eggs fresh laid from our hens, homegrown onions and left-over grass fed steak, topped with full fat sour cream.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

4 eggs soft scrambled with basil & hempseed pesto, shredded chicken, and goat cheese + iced yerba mate and lime juice
                                “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X