No announcement yet.

Pasture Centered beef and other supermarket imponderables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my favorite imponderable: inexplicably-labeled "gluten free" products.

I was at a grocery store the other day and ran across apple cider that boasted a "gluten free" sticker. Less than five minutes later, I saw a jar of salsa with the same sticker, proudly displayed like it's a significant announcement. *sigh*
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
      Here's my favorite imponderable: inexplicably-labeled "gluten free" products.

I was at a grocery store the other day and ran across apple cider that boasted a "gluten free" sticker. Less than five minutes later, I saw a jar of salsa with the same sticker, proudly displayed like it's a significant announcement. *sigh*

"gluten free" is the new "low carb"... remember when they started putting "low carb" stickers on things like (plain) meat, celery packages, etc?

Comment

What's sad is how many things like salsa may actually contain gluten. As a celiac, I'm all for big stickers instead of playing guess the mystery ingredient on product labels.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
        X