No announcement yet.

Bill Clinton, still vegan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Clinton is not vegan. He eats eggs and fish.

There are many things that contribute to someone's current health. Clinton had plenty of health problems before he changed his diet. It would be going beyond the information we have to blame barbecue for those problems, just as it would be to blame his current diet for whatever hints about his health we can glean from seeing news footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
      I'm surprised so many think he looks pretty good for his age. To my 69 yr old eye, he looks like he's not doing so good, especially considering that he can have the best medical care that money, fame, and power can provide. That hooded guy with the scythe seems to be hovering over his shoulder.
      No amount of medical intervention will erase years of drug abuse. The body has it limits!
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

No amount of medical intervention will erase years of drug abuse.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...lies/smile.png
        Now I very carefully made no reference to Slick's bulbous nose.
        The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...lies/smile.png
          Now I very carefully made no reference to Slick's bulbous nose.
          Will Slick become our first "First Gentleman"? Tomorrow will decide. No matter what, America, if you haven't already, go VOTE.
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
            Will Slick become our first "First Gentleman"? Tomorrow will decide. No matter what, America, if you haven't already, go VOTE.
            It's too far to go for me, but if I had been living in that cold place I would probably have voted for Trump as a lesser evil!! Hillary seem to have been without good sex for the last thirty years and such females are very dangerous - especially when having access to that black briefcase Murican presidents always are carrying around...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Disagree. If you haven't researched the issues or candidates or even have a philosophy of government in mind, then stay away from the voting booth! We already have too many uniformed people voting based on ads and the words of talking heads.

Comment

Due to voter suppression tactics I can't vote, one less pointless thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by specsAreGrok View Post
                  Disagree. If you haven't researched the issues or candidates or even have a philosophy of government in mind, then stay away from the voting booth! We already have too many uniformed people voting based on ads and the words of talking heads.
                  Ugh You're probably right! So many people are truly incurious and refuse to do any research.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by specsAreGrok View Post
                    Even intelligent, well informed folks make stupid choices in the voting booth. Some have even been president and America could elect another one today.

I understand your point. The level of voter ignorance is frustrating, but under our philosophy even the ignorant can participate in the process. Besides, who defines themselves as uninformed anyway? People don't know what they don't know. Those who think they are informed may not really be.
                    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Q: So how do you feel about ignorance and apathy in the average American?
                      A: I don't know, and I don't care.

Doesn't help much when the Prevaricator in Chief makes statements like he did the other day when he said (partial quote) "When you vote you're a citizen"
                      I'm concerned here locally (Battleground Ohio) -- one party has been calling to ask my wife if she's returned the absentee ballot she requested.
                      Well, she's not voting for that party's candidate, has never requested an absentee ballot.
                      Will be hell to pay here if we get to the poll later this AM and find out she has "already voted."
                      My son votes in the same place I do, the line this AM (around 8am) was really long. He was in line about an hour. We've never had to wait more than a few minutes in prior elections. Probably a slower vote process this time, we have 6 fairly lengthy local props to vote on, those who just show up may be reading them for the first time.
                      The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

The level of voter ignorance is frustrating, but under our philosophy even the ignorant can participate in the process. Besides, who defines themselves as uninformed anyway? People don't know what they don't know. Those who think they are informed may not really be.
                        The concept is democracy is a fail.

The masses are not smart, so why poll the unintelligent mob on important issues? The answer is you don't, that would be insane, you poll them on pointless nonsense, so you can blame them later with "you did it to yourself".

Comment

Just a reminder, the USA is a republic, not a democracy. By design. The FedGov is a creature that was formed by the individual states and this is reflected in the country's name. The states have not done an adequate job in preserving their power, primarily by having the Senate membership be changed, by constitutional amendment, from a body that is selected by the individual state governments, in whatever manner they chose, and being subject to recall at any point, to being democratically elected by the masses. Today, the last vestige of state power is in the Electoral college. The democratic process is really only pertinent in the USA at the state and local levels, and the smaller the governmental body is, the better chance that a democratic process will work well.
                          An anarchy is not a good option for today's world, so if you think a democratic process is a fail, what do you propose instead?

Comment

Just a reminder, the USA is a republic, not a democracy. By design.
                            Whoops! Yes. Federalist X.

https://www.congress.gov/resources/d...alistPapers-10

(thought to be authored by James Madison.)

18th century intellectuals were much exercised by the thought that majorities might tyrannise over minorities.

The friend of popular governments never finds himself so much alarmed for their character and fate, as when he contemplates their propensity to this dangerous vice ["faction"]
                            One response to that might be that said intellectuals, who were mostly from a rather comfortably entrenched sector of society, feared that a democracy (in the original Greek sense) might use the political process to seize their goods. But perhaps that's too cynical? The reader must decide.

I suppose the Fathers, who, the educational system of the day being what it was, knew the Classics (if not much else) knew and were capable of taking a hint from Aristophanes:

“[Y]ou possess all the attributes of a demagogue; a screeching, horrible voice, a perverse, crossgrained nature and the language of the market-place. In you all is united which is needful for governing.”
                            http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/4146...e-a-screeching

But, yes, cut it how you will, and agree or disagree with the intention as you will, the U.S. was not meant to be a democracy but a Republic.

An anarchy is not a good option for today's world, so if you think a democratic process is a fail, what do you propose instead?
                            I can't suppose anarchy is a good option at any time. This is the wrong sort of "liberty" - it's what those 18th century people would have called "licence". In American terms its what Liberty (note the name) Vallance represents:

For myself I've no proposals. But I do think Dr. Mercola was on target in suggesting "Don't Panic About Politics":

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-politics.aspx

As noted in a 2014 study by two political scientists, the U.S. is an oligarchy, not a democracy, with the wealthiest elites in American society wielding the most control over the issues Congress and the White House ultimately take action on.5

More appropriate, perhaps, would be to call it a corporate oligarchy, as the main thrust of power really lies with “The Big Six,” i.e., the banking, pharmaceutical, agricultural, military-industrial complex, energy and media industries. …
                            I think Mercoa hits the nail on the head there. As he says, people in the U.S. were getting stressed over whether Mr. Trump or Mrs. Clinton might be running the show ... but in truth neither will be. Whatever the outcome, the "Big Six" will be. I take it that Dr. Mercola means not that one should throw one's hands up and not vote for whomever one prefers, and certainly not that one shouldn't counter the activities of the Big Six whenever and wherever one can, but that one's far better off not misunderstanding where the real power lies and getting upset over it all.
                            Last edited by Lewis; 11-09-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

When the democracy screws-up and fall, then the warlords takes over the buisiness to "save" everybody from anarchy;
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Are you proposing the warlords as a better solution?
                                Most of human history has seen the warlord solution in charge. Democracy in Greece for a while, the American republic, still hanging in there.
                                Whether you call him Czar, King, Shah, dictator, chairman, chief, fuhrer, politburo, -- the basic warlord approach where the guy with the most weapons and most vicious inclination is in charge hasn't been so great for the average person.
                                And remember, peon is the most descriptive word in the English language.
                                With democracy, the majority always gets it way. The classic is "two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."

Comment

Working...
                                X