Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood tests back - I think I may be invincible.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood tests back - I think I may be invincible.

Just got my blood tests back, full battery of tests which they seem to do here in Canada from time time.

Total Cholesterol 4.47 mmol/L 173 mg/dl
    Trigliceride 0.65 mmol/L 57 mg/dl
    HDL 2.01 mmol/L 77.7 mg/dl
    LDL 2.16 mmol/L 83.5 mg/dl

Total/HDL 2.2

Everything was measured in mmol/L I used an online calculator to convert md/dl

All other tests were well within normal levels except for creatine which was high as was expected because I work out.

I only wish I had test from pre-Primal
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot, I too have just had my Bloods done. Every measurement has gone down from may 2011. And I have been eating some serious fat !!!!!

Total 4.4
    Tri 0.6
    HDL 1.87
    LDL 2.3

so I am stoked !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Sim numbers to mine...hard to find a doc here so I am having to keep mine with a pinch of salt...she was worried about my LDL numbers...lol
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        Dirlot, I too have just had my Bloods done. Every measurement has gone down from may 2011. And I have been eating some serious fat !!!!!

Total 4.4
        Tri 0.6
        HDL 1.87
        LDL 2.3

so I am stoked !
        Great results, both of you. Yay for Primal.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

This is making me really excited to get post-Primal blood-work done!
          >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
          >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
          >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Miss Jecka, I think that this is a really valuable tool. Even though I have always had a low cholesterol, the doubts have crept in since going primal and eating such a HUGE amount of fat. In fact so many of my friends have raised this fact many a time ! What is it doing to your heart, your cholesterol.....yaddy yaddy yar.....
            I can now back up my own results with facts. It was interesting when I rang the Doctors surgery to get a blood test booked, the nurse tut-tutted as I gave her a run down of my new 4 month eating regime. Then when I rang for my results...... SURPRISE
            Brilliant !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

That's really exciting!

I'm just scared I'm going to expect some drastic change and end up being disappointed as I usually am to see that nothing is different. When I lost 40 pounds, my total cholesterol was a whopping 1 mg/dl less (from 227mg/dl to 226mg/dl) than before I'd lost the weight. I was extremely upset at that, because I figured if I lost weight I'd finally get in the normal range!

Hopefully I'll please myself at last... and surprise my doctor and family!
              >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
              >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
              >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

you go girl, and keep us posted !

...small steps....

Comment

Someone made a reference to this article http://chriskresser.com/the-most-imp...ut-cholesterol which links to associated studies. It is well worth a read, it really show how good primal eating is.
                  PS
                  Don't forget to play!

Comment

how does that translate into the numbers I get from my tests which are not, like, 2.3 , 1.8 and whatnot--they are like 45, 87, 121, etc. Whole numbers.
                    http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post

Total Cholesterol 4.47 mmol/L 173 mg/dl
                      Trigliceride 0.65 mmol/L 57 mg/dl
                      HDL 2.01 mmol/L 77.7 mg/dl
                      LDL 2.16 mmol/L 83.5 mg/dl

Total/HDL 2.2

Everything was measured in mmol/L I used an online calculator to convert md/dl

All other tests were well within normal levels except for creatine which was high as was expected because I work out.

The first post in this series is possibly the answer to your question. However not sure how to convert them sorry
                      Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 09-06-2012, 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling !

...small steps....

Comment

Congrats! My numbers got better, too! LDL stayed about the same from Pre-Primal, but HDL went from the 50's to the 90's. And I LOVE the 90's! Sure, total cholesterol winds up around 260, but the ratios are good and it's mostly meaningless, anyway!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I have posted both in mine simple googled and came up with a few hits ...Canada records in mmol/l but I also included mg/dl on my OP

@Knifegill...I hear you on ratios HDL up, triglicerides down all good (unless you are the doc I have - I need a new doc)
                          Last edited by Dirlot; 09-06-2012, 06:54 PM.
                          PS
                          Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                            Here are my results from blood tests taken back in March. I had begun exercising at least twice a week and was eating low carb but yet to discover Primal.

Total cholesterol 5.1 (nurse said this was too high, target should be 4).

HDL 1.58
                            LDL 3.3
                            Triglycerides 0.5

I thought these results were quite good (except LDL) and I would be interested to know what they would be now that I have eaten primal for 2 1/2 months, I post them here in case I ever get a repeat done.

Also, I weighed about 65kg then, now closer to 60.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I don't know what mine are yet. My boyfriend is getting a blood test today. He's not primal, but he eats what I cook him. Last night I gave him bacon and pesto on wheat noodles. Now I'm afraid his cholesterol numbers will be really bad, thanks to me.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X