Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo war? What is this all about?

i erveryone!
    I have been absent for some time and on my return to the paleo world I discovered paleo drama between Melissa McEwen and Free the Animal guy Nicoley. What the hell is going on? Anyone care to enlighten me please?
    M

I don't think I want to know. I don't know who Melissa McEwen is, but Richard always seems to have a war on with somebody.

I'm not sure quite what it is with the movement. Someone was calling names at Nora Gedgaudas on this board the other day on account she doesn't eat much carbohydrate. Why does it matter that much what someone else eats?

Then there was the fake tweet case that got Jack Kruse arrested. Recently, a young gymnast wrote a little piece for him on how cold treatment had helped her spinal injury, and got offensive email as a result. Apparently, Dr. Kruse is such a threat to paleo, or high-carb, or whatever, that obscene email to a child who's grateful to him is thought to be a good revenge on him.

I should pretend you haven't noticed there's yet another war on. :-)
    Last edited by Lewis; 09-04-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Free the Animal has insulted a bunch of people before for no reason, calling 3 female bloggers "cunts" and acting like a misogynist. I think it was over the bloggers calling out Jack Kruise on his lies and poor sience. Even after Richard found out Kruse was indeed lying, he refused to apologise.
      I never knew he was such an asshole, I used to enjoy reading his blog but his treatment of other people is fucking horrible.
      “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
      — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Comment

You see what assholes we are? We can turn "eat natural ancestral food" into name-calling and drama and other attacks. Pretty soon there will be a bombing. Mark my words.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

People are always looking for an excuse to argue. Most just don't realize that the excuses are just that though, which is when fanaticism happens.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

There's this great thing called yarnbombing (for those who don't know: knitters or crocheters wrap public space things in knitting, as in: a knitted tube around the pole of a stop sign, a hat for a lamp post, little shaped tubes on the handles of newspaper machines.)

I support a peaceful fat bombing thing. When you disagree with someone for being a jerk, instead of going off verbally, send them a little pat of butter. It might help their mood, and would put a smile on your face, too.

Comment

Sounds like jerks with oversized egos acting like... jerks with oversized egos, to me.

I realized what a jerk Richard is during that whole Jack Kruse stupid-fest. I don't really care who he's getting into it with now.
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
                You see what assholes we are? We can turn "eat natural ancestral food" into name-calling and drama and other attacks. Pretty soon there will be a bombing. Mark my words.
                I have reported you to DHS
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Oh yeah, I saw that last night. Nicoley is being an absolute asshole and has been for some time. I used to enjoy his blog on occasion but these days I just watch it for the drama. He's off the deep end. As for what Melissa McEwen is doing with Paleo Drama, not sure that I agree with the approach but it can be entertaining. Other than that, I had read a little about the Kruse/FBI/cruise thing but not enough to know all the details.
                  Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Somebody yarn-bombed a tree on one of our hiking trails. It was actually really cool.

That Nikoley guy is really quite obnoxious and I never could stomach reading him much. A few posts here and there, but not on a regular basis. Melissa's whole deal, her particular health issues and her foodie stuff, just don't really match my own lifestyle so while I've found interesting things on her site to read, I don't really read it very often either.

On the low carb side, I have always enjoyed Dr. Mike Eades' blog but when he goes into politics, I tune him out. And Mark's blog is good but there are some of his regular topics I don't read because I'm not interested, and I really am not turned on by his super enthusiastic diet book tone sometimes.

As with anybody out there, I take what I like and leave the rest.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I haven't read much into either side. I have NO IDEA how this current flare-up started, but they both sounds like assholes to me right now. Investing so much in the last word is just detrimental to one's health!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

such idiocy. clearly they have nothing better to do with their time. =/
                        yay!

Comment

Newsflash

GREENVILLE, SC--Today an attack was made on the popular podcaster and radio show host Jimmy Moore, whose show now numbers over 600 episodes.

It seems Mr. Moore had been targeted by a group calling itself The Worshippers Of the Deified Macronutrient (TWODM).

As Mr. Moore left his studio, an individual, at present unidentified, approached him wearing a vest stuffed with high explosive and screaming, "Carbohydrate is great!" attempted to detonate himself. Fortunately, the bomb failed to go off. A man is helping police with their inquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            I haven't read much into either side. I have NO IDEA how this current flare-up started, but they both sounds like assholes to me right now. Investing so much in the last word is just detrimental to one's health!
                            Yep, cannot believe they both have digressed into moronic behavior. When you roll in mud with pigs...
                            Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                            READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

All you need to know is that kids never grow up and high school never ends.

My suggestion: ignore the words "paleo" and "primal." Don't associate yourself with a group or you get caught up in BS like this. It's solidarity. I actually wrote Richard Nikoley on this. This is my take below with Richard's response:

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
                              This is why I’m growing to despise the “paleo movement.” No one on Earth right now is “paleo.” They never can and never will be. I was originally enamored by this lifestyle over a year and a half ago for one reason: it was simple. Eat real good, enjoy the outdoors more and lift heavier weight less times. Great! I loved it. The food tasted fantastic, ailments I never even knew I had started going away, I had more energy and it was SO SIMPLE! That’s what originally made this so great: SIMPLICITY!

Over the past year, “paleo” has transformed from a simple notion to some idealistic religious cult. All this drama exists for one reason: solidarity. “Paleo people” feel like they’re different from everyone else, and typically they feel superior to everyone else for having some kind of magical knowledge. Guess what? Thinking you are superior to anyone else for ordering a steak at a restaurant instead of a slice of pizza or not eating the bun with your burger doesn’t make you “paleo” – it makes you a fucking idiot. A person that eats a bun with their burger is no better or worse than someone wrapping it with lettuce, but if you think you’re better for wrapping it in lettuce, you are officially worse.

This drama is stupid and it is why months ago I stopped calling myself “paleo” or “primal.” I still will avoid grains and legumes sans white rice and occasional peanut butter. I still will avoid PUFA oils and cook my foods in saturated oils or animal fats. I still will continue to not drink soda, Juicy Juice and Gatorade. But not because I’m “paleo.” I’m avoiding those things because I know I’m healthier without them, and frankly, I’ve lost my taste for them. They’re “fake foods” to me. If any of you are truly doing this for HEALTH anymore, I commend you. If you’re going it to fit the “paleo paradigm,” you are a tool.

I like Richard. I think he’s a good dude and possibly too honest for his own good. I will, however, never understand how a man who thinks a presidential election is so unimportant can get so wrapped up and consumed by meaningless bullshit like this.

Originally posted by Richard Nikoley
                              Good rant there, Choco. Very much worth considering.

BTW, I advise people to stay away from the politics of election just like I advise they not consume arsenic. It goes way beyond grains and sugar.

Anyways, I hear ya, man.
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                              X