How many hours do you sleep a night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours do you sleep a night?

Just out of curiosity: How many hours do you sleep a night? Are you an early riser?

I sleep about 7-8 hours a night. I used to wake up around eight, but am now trying to wake up at six -- I find I feel better mentally and physically if I wake up earlier in the morning. I'd love to be one of those people who can effortlessly wake up at five every morning. I'm someone who likes to exercise in the morning, so the earlier I wake up, the better.

I usually drift off about 11 or 12 and get up around 6 so 6-7 hours

Since going primal I tend to wake up at sunrise feeling energetic, whenever that may be - It's the weirdest thing. Also when I am in ketosis and especially when I IF, I wake up feeling extra energized and focused and can push harder in my morning workouts. Anyone else noticed this?

Comment

I sleep around 7 hours a night but never wake up energized, I wish I did. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Comment

Probably around 7-8 hours. I don't think it's top quality sleep though...

Comment

I get 7-8 hours, but I've always been slow to get up. I usually lay in bed for 10 minutes listening to the radio before I can wake up enough to get out of bed. 6am is just not a good time for me 7-7:30am seems to be when I wake up if I'm not on an alarm clock.

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
          www.fatandflour.com

Comment

I get between five and ten hours a night. Just depends on how late I get off work and how late I have to go back in.

Comment

Usually about eight hours. Before I went Primal I could sleep for ten hours and still feel tired the next day.

Comment

Usually around 8. In bed around 9 and up at 5 or 10-6. Weekends will sometimes vary.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

generally, around 7-8. i usually conk out about 10:30-11:00 & then i'm up around 6:30 or so. i'm lucky that i don't have to be at work until 9:00am & only live about seven minutes away, so if i feel the need to sleep in, i do.

of course, i've been under the weather the last few weeks, so i've let myself sleep as much as possible.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
                  Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Not enough

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Usually 8, but with pregnancy, I can't seem to wake up before 10 hours

Comment

I am like 8-10 hours of intermittent sleep (8:00pm - 5:30am). I am likely to get up several times throughout he night and walk around. I think it goes back to primal man having to stoke the fire at night to stay warm. Why else would a sleep cycle be an hour and a half, which is about how long a fire will burn?

Comment

I'm in the bed for at least 7, but never sleep through the night. I've been fasting everyday for 14-20hrs with a small feeding window which has left me with SO much energy. I can't seem to settle myself down for bed even though my workouts are at least 3hrs before I hit the sack.

I only slept about 2 hrs the other night and never yawned or felt drowsy at all the next day. Friggin weird, but I'll take it.

Comment

Brewtality -- I think the idea of intermittent sleep really interesting. Before electricity, people enjoyed what was known as "first sleep" (from sunset until about midnight) and "second sleep" (from about one in the morning until sunrise). During the hour of two before going back to bed for "second sleep" people would enjoy a bite to eat, go out and talk to neighbors, etc. All this is documented in Roger Ekirch's At Day's Close: Night in Times Past...

Comment

I thought I had severe sleep issues, even though I was rarely ever tired. Then, I watched survivorman and saw him waking up to stoke the fire regularly, and thought... thats what I do, and it would have been the norm before electricity.

I just wake up, get up and get a drink, maybe walk around for a few minutes (I need to stretch out). If you compare me to most people I know, I am alway more awake and alert than them, and have the least trouble waking in the morning. I am that annoying guy who always gets to work an hour early, and is energetic. My dad is the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X