No announcement yet.

Pilonidal cyst (kinda gross)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine burrow, so they won't pop or drain. I had surgery when I was in high school and have been having a lot of pain recently. I am sure a cyst is there, but after having complications after surgery, I am hesitant to go through that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnergirl View Post
      Mine burrow, so they won't pop or drain. I had surgery when I was in high school and have been having a lot of pain recently. I am sure a cyst is there, but after having complications after surgery, I am hesitant to go through that again.
      Surgery complications are very common, especially with the ones that burrow, and when they burrow it almost impossible for the surgeon to complete remove every part of them. You are smart to avoid surgery if possible.

I've had mine for 7 or 8 years. Since it never got infected, my doctor advised not removing it. Occasionally it would drain. In the fall it was about the size of a nickle, and about 1/4 inch high. It, and my other skin problems, have improved quite a bit once I started my aip. I found I am sensitive to all nightshades and dairy. Once I eliminated those, and began using coconut oil on my skin, my PC began shrinking. Now it is completely flat, no drainage or sensitivity at all. If you have eliminated grains, but are still having cysts or other skin problems there might be other things you are sensitive to.

sent from my tablet

Comment

Working...
      X