No announcement yet.

Why do people who go vegan turn mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And True Believer is a disease that effects everyone; christians, atheists, blacks, whites, men, women, libertarians, communists, liberals, republicans, anarchists, vegans, paleos, etc.
    Too true. I have to remind myself not to preach about paleo/primal... *shifty eyes*
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
      The site is down for maintenance due to a malicious malware infection (an angry militant cyber-vegan? haha) This link is correct, but it obviously isn't live at the moment.
      Vegetarianism and Nutrient Deficiencies - Weston A Price Foundation

www.westonaprice.org/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/vegetarianism-and-nutrient-deficiencies

7 May 2009 – Thus, even vegetarians who supplement with standard B12 supplements could be at risk for deficiency. Those needing B12 supplements ...
      Yup, that sounds about right!
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Some of the most intolerable, nasty, people I've had the misfortune of meeting were PETA vegans. I'd prefer the company of Russian neo nazi's to them....oops - just kind of invoked Godwins law, Shut this thread, it's all over now!
        Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

I'd be pretty mean too if I somehow could never again eat bacon. Oh, the horror! But seriously, yeah, I know what you mean. I have a friend who recently turned vegan and lost a bunch of weight. She did so for ethical reason. She's still a sweetheart most of the time, but turns in to Judgy McJudgerson whenever the topic of meat eating comes up. Yeah, she's one of [I]those[I] vegans.

Comment

Cast my vote for 1 part self-righteousness/zealotry 1 part lack of neruologically-essential nutrients.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

One of my daughters recently came to me and told me how much happier I come across to her (now that I am past my carby flu) as a Primal. Right out of the blue. Wow. And you know what? I FEEL happier!
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Justin Bieber's Vegan Diet Made Him A Jerk! | TeddyHilton.com

GUESS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS LOL
                I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                  Ha, well, you know... they feel that they're now part of a morally superior club. You should go watch the South Park episode where everyone in the town buys Prius's. "You're doin' a good thing!". Classic.
                  HA! I was about to say something like, "tell her to take it down a notch before she brings on a wicked wave of smug!" You ruined it for me though

Comment

Studies with other primates show that a very low cholesterol diet leads to serious aggression and higher death rate from all causes including suicide and murder. I don't have a citation as I read this many years ago, but it sure makes sense. The myelin that covers your nerves is made of cholesterol, which is made of FAT. Lack of this essential nutrient is detrimental to your nervous system.
                    I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Jerks come in all shapes and sizes.

Most vegans I know are a bit fat or so skinny/miserable. <------ Look, I am being a jerk.

Comment

OK, I didn't say this, but a friend of mine did, and I laughed my butt off:

Veganism is the paramilitary version of vegetarianism.
                        Start Date 9.24.12
                        Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                        CW - 271 pounds
                        First Goal - 255 by 2013
                        Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
                        Other Goal - to get off some medications
                        Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
                        NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Comment

You hang with Vegans? O M G

I agree with the whole "found religion" thing. Most people I know don't even know I've changed anything (except my weight). If they ask, I tell. As to making fat jokes, well my parents taught me not to make fun of people's looks.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                          X