Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men should grow facial hair

(if they can)

It looks great if done well. No reason to be shaved anymore unless your job requires it. Let it stand as an assertion of your self.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

This comes 36 hours after shaving my beard of two years
    ad astra per aspera

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
      (if they can)

It looks great if done well. No reason to be shaved anymore unless your job requires it. Let it stand as an assertion of your self.
      Oh good lord the world is going to end. I actually agree with kenn on this one.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        Oh good lord the world is going to end. I actually agree with kenn on this one.
        That makes 2 of us......
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

i do enjoy a well maintained beard on a man. my boyfriend is lacking in the hairiness department (he makes up for that by being awesome in many other ways. <3).
          yay!

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
            That makes 2 of us......
            zounds!! ..........make that 3
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Psssst. Hey - kenn! How about a nose-to-neck photo of your hairyness???
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I remember there was this guy in college who wore a beard that was about a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch long. I know some people would call that a five o'clock shadow, but it was hot!

Yes...
                all about beards: featured beards: Christopher's excellent beard

No... (although I wouldn't mind a ride on his bike)
                all about beards: featured beards: Jared's amazingly-awesome beard
                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

I keep a beard. Unfortunately I can't get good coverage on my cheeks as of yet (I'm still in my mid-twenties so hopefully it'll continue to fill out). But I grow what I can. I like it and my wife likes it, and that's pretty much what matters.
                  Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I would class myself as an unshaven lout rather than bearded, I trim with hair clippers every so often, maybe up-to a month, never less than 2 weeks. I do no other maintance or shaping so don't really count it as a beard, just lowest possible amount of effort that dosn't result in looking like a crazy grizzley 19th Century prospecter
                    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I shave once a week (I dislike shaving), then it gets too itchy.

Comment

I have gone for the trim 1/8 to 1/4 inch look...it works.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Done.
                            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                            ChooseMyPlate

Comment

The upkeep on facial hair is as freaking bad as having to just shave daily.

Comment

Working...
                              X