Men should grow facial hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    The upkeep on facial hair is as freaking bad as having to just shave daily.
    Not even close. But I don't mind getting a little shaggy between trims. Trimming takes 5-10 minutes per week with my beard trimmer.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

part native american here, no facial hair for me.

Comment

unless they don't want to. in which case, they shouldn't. i mean, really?
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I look better clean shaven. People treat me better when I don't have a beard. My face gets too warm unless it's winter. I think I'll stick with my beardless face for now.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I love the scruffy thing--not a beard, but not clean shaven, just long enough to be past the prickly stage. Unfortunately my partner needs to be able to have a respirator mask seal properly for his work (safety reasons) so he has to shave. Or, well, he could grow a mustache, but neither of us thinks that's a good idea.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
              I love the scruffy thing--not a beard, but not clean shaven, just long enough to be past the prickly stage.
              +1

Although because I'm Asian, I dig the clean-shavenness too
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Yes they should!

I've noticed as I got older, I'm in my 20's, I have become more and more attracted to men with facial hair.
                "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
                Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
                End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Comment

Okay well here's a question, is there some trick to not getting all of those tiny scratches? Because I always end up with blood running down my chest and it's somewhat annoying to clean it all up.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                    unless they don't want to. in which case, they shouldn't. i mean, really?
                    Fail
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I can't have facial hair due to my job, so I only grow it out on vacation. My wife loves it, most people tell me I look better with a close beard. When I retire, I'll grow one and keep it on for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
                        I can't have facial hair due to my job, so I only grow it out on vacation. My wife loves it, most people tell me I look better with a close beard. When I retire, I'll grow one and keep it on for a while.
                        Will your job allow you to grow one for Prostate Cancer Awareness in November?
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

A close beard is quite attractive. However, I kind of like the super hairy mountain man look. I wish I could post a link to my mom's pictures of all the thru-hikers on the Pacific Crest Trail, but I'm afraid of making all those people more public than they expected. But we're talking beards with no trimming or grooming for about 3 months. Plus they have these skinny, shrunken, emaciated runner-type bodies. I know it's probably not so good for them, but I really like that look.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            Okay well here's a question, is there some trick to not getting all of those tiny scratches? Because I always end up with blood running down my chest and it's somewhat annoying to clean it all up.
                            Use a quality, sharp razor and good oil/soap, NOT a rusty machette you overly macho numpty
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                              Will your job allow you to grow one for Prostate Cancer Awareness in November?

No, we're allowed a trimmed mustache, but no more than that.

Comment

I keep it trimmed for three years now.
                                I hate to trim the mustach though.. so the French part is a bit longer
                                Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Working...
                                X