I enjoy a good cigar once in a while...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
    My 11-year old daughter died of cancer. Want to know what I think of statistics?
    That's a total non-sequitur, but sure, I'd love to hear your opinion of statistics. And I'm sorry for your loss, especially of a young child. The universe is indifferent and therefore often cruel.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I do like my cigars. My favorite are the Macanudo Robusto Prince Phillips. I have had Cubans and IMHO, they are over rated and over priced. Here in Egypt I also enjoy a relaxing evening of smoking Shesha (water pipe) and visiting with friends.

To those that find tobacco in any form disgusting, my advice is to not ingest in it and leave the rest of us the hell alone!
      Randal
      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

OP, love me a Romeo Y Julieta. So tasty, especially with a drink at night after the sun goes down.

Originally posted by kenn View Post
        Why was your 11 yr old smoking cigars?
        Indeed, seems to be a lack of decent parenting.
        I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

I love cigars (current favorites:COA- MX2 & LX2), Beer, Scotch, & killing my own food. If that offends you; kiss my ass! by the way... cancer is part of life, & life isn't fair.

Death is certain
          Life is not

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
            I do like my cigars. My favorite are the Macanudo Robusto Prince Phillips. I have had Cubans and IMHO, they are over rated and over priced.
            I had a Macanudo, and I thought it was pretty good. I agree about the Cubans. It seems like they are really inconsistent, and they've stopped trying to improve - they've got a reputation and they seem to sell more because of that than because of their quality nowadays.

In Europe, it's not very common to find non-Cubans. (I'm in Italy for 2 months right now). Here, serious cigar smokers are all about Cubans or else they smoke Toscanos, which are machine-made, lower quality cigars - they don't remove any of the veins, so they look really weird and lumpy. It's common practice to cut the Toscanos in half and smoke one half at a time. I tried on the other day; the smoke was thick, it had an interesting smell (nothing like the non-cubans I'm used to), but you can tell the construction wasn't very good - it burned unevenly and the draw was really tight.

I can't figure out why people here seem to be anti-non-Cubans, when in my opinion they really are superior.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
              I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.
              Wow! I need to make sure when I smoke, I'm not on an empty stomache, or it will kick my a$$! What are you smoking first thing in the morning on an empty stomach???

Comment

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
                I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.
                My whole family was killed by a sunrise.

I'm just saying.

Comment

Gotta love the Cigar and single malt combination...
                  Current fave is from Drew Estates...KUBA KUBA....under the label ACID...
                  Very flavorful...combined some Macallan 12 yr...life is good...

Comment

Yes I smoke an occasional cigar, 3 -4 a month. Love em with a vodka something in the other hand. Macanudo's, Uptons, Romeo and Juliets to name a few. Most non Cuban cigars are manufactured by the same Cuban families with the same tobacco strains, just moved off of Cuba so they could export to the US.
                    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
                      My whole family was killed by a sunrise.

I'm just saying.
                      ::snort::
                      Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                        My favorite at the moment is the Alec Bradley Prensado, but the Camacho is also pretty satisfying, and when in the mood for a lighter one, Romeo Y Juliet is consistently good.

I've never been a cigarette smoker, but somehow an occasional cigar seems okay to me, and I only smoke 1-4 per month.

Anybody else enjoy good cigars?
                        I have one once a week and a couple of Cubans when I can get 'em. Welcome to the Winston Churchill, Fidel Castro and George Burns club. Btw, Churchill reportedly smoked several per day since he was a young lad and lived to be almost 91. Cigarettes, however, just plain stink imo.
                        "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

Cigar smokers:

Do you prefer to smoke inside or outside?

Personally, I prefer the outdoors, but my husband always seems bothered by the wind and claims it affects how his cigar burns.

Comment

I prefer to smoke indoors, but that's not an option for me about 99% of the time, so I smoke outdoors, and yes, the wind does effect the burn.

Comment

When I smoked cigars, I always smoked outside. When I'm done, I'm done, and I don't want the house to smell like it after the fact.
                              Durp.

Comment

Another cigar smoker here!
                                Casual cigar smoker for pleasure... from one a month to one/two a week... depending on moods.
                                (Though I have not in a VERY long time due to illness...)
                                A big maduro fan... Padron maduros are a standard, and I generally kept a box in the house (humidor)... along with various others I was fiddling with at the time.

I'm actually one of the few women I know who started smoking cigars pretty young... I actually got my husband started smoking cigars casually as well, and he never smoked cigarettes at all.
                                I'm a former cigarette smoker who started as a kid, but quit by the time I was 25... who never got over my love of kreteks, or the smell of cigar and pipe tobacco.
                                Though I do HATE the smell of cigarette smoke. It makes me feel choked if I get a breath of it on leaving a building because someone if smoking outside the doors... weird I know. *shrug*

I actually still HAVE some real Djarm Black (kretek) Cigarettes, because when they banned them I bought a couple of cases and stashed them in the freezer... I smoke one or two every once in a while. AND enjoy the crap out of it.

Always smoked outside... In the cooler moths here on the back poarch... and in the summer there is a wonderful little locally owned cigar bar, that also serves up a locally brewed micro-brew porter! Or you can be a member of the "club" and keep a bottle of spirits at the bar. The cigar bar has a nice walk in humidor selection of course.

I LOVE the smell of pipe tobacco... I had an uncle who smoked a pipe as a child. The cherry or cherry vanilla smell makes me swoon. It's so comforting to me even now.
                                Every time I caught him smoking I was on him like white on rice... All up in his lap! I would be all sweet and kind of quiet begging, and take the pipe out of his mouth and puff it.
                                I do contemplating getting a pipe on occasion... but I may just get a Vaping version instead to be cleaner.
                                Yes, I VAPE.
                                Feel free to hang me.

Yeah I know... people would think he's a monster for letting a kid do that now. It was the 70's, piss off.
                                You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X