No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have used tapioca flour to thicken sauces, make cheese sauce with etc. you need to be careful as it can go rubbery if you overdo it so experiment.
    annieh you can have my chocolate if you would like =) i spent so long being a vege that i still will take the steak any day lol
    my clubbells are here btw! very exciting. i've just got back from whitebaiting so have been barbarian squatting in the living room in my wetsuit, vibrams and my hunting jacket still whilst running a hot bath. definitely another training method to have that feels like it is gonna be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
      Can't remember what the sugar content of the Lindt 85% is, but I prefer the taste of G&B anyway. Find it smoother and without the bite. Different strokes
      The Lindt 85% is 19g carbohydrate, of which 14g are sugars. It's very similar to the G&B, although mostly without soya lecithin. The G&B, in my experience, has a bit of a smoother taste, and is easier to eat more of. Which is why I buy the Lindt
      Argue not with idiots, lest they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• it is annoying that almost all the organic chocs have soy lecithin in them. it's something we all conveniently ignore ( myself included ), like the fact bacon usually has sugar in the curing process. i'm on a VLC thing at the moment so i need to convince myself i dont need chocolate, even if i could manage a few squares and still be there

Comment

• I love either G&B or Lindt Choc, actually the mint flavoured lindt choc is my absolute favourite, closely followed by the lindt coconut flavoured one - I dare not read the ingredient list in case it has things I should not be having! Figured I have given up so much sugar laden stuff the chocolate can remain for awhile at least. As for wine, I love the sweet whites - riesling etc. I am just trying to have less of it, which I should be doing anyway with the new medication I'm on.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            i have used tapioca flour to thicken sauces, make cheese sauce with etc. you need to be careful as it can go rubbery if you overdo it so experiment.
            annieh you can have my chocolate if you would like =) i spent so long being a vege that i still will take the steak any day lol
            my clubbells are here btw! very exciting. i've just got back from whitebaiting so have been barbarian squatting in the living room in my wetsuit, vibrams and my hunting jacket still whilst running a hot bath. definitely another training method to have that feels like it is gonna be good.
            Seaweed, I looked up clubbells yesterday. They look awesome. I might just make myself one, however i do have a full on gym going on in my garage, so I should possibly make use of some of that stuff first !!!!!
            Bought DH chocolate yesterday. Best I could find was 85 %, but I got a selection of B and G, Lindt and whittakers. Added some nuts and dried fruit. Of course I couldn't help myself !!!!!!First chocolate and dried fruit that I have had in 5 months !!!!!
            Very yummy. Hopefully he will enjoy it and we can put some weigt back on him !!!!! whilst reducing mine !!!
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• i got my clubbells from your neck of the woods. supasport i think they are called. only $54 each which i reckon works out cheaper than making a decent one. as to the full on gym in the garage, lucky you! i have 6kg, 5kg and 3kg dumbells, a boxing bag and a hula hoop lol and now the clubbells too. my 6kg dumbells double as those ab roller core trainer things as they roll. the rest of it is my ass and the hills.

how are you feeling after the choc and dried fruit? i am almost 2 weeks now VLC and today i was able to get out of bed when the alarm went off without hitting snooze and without feeling like i have been hit on the head with one of my clubbells.

Comment

• Feel ok after my small nibble on the chocolate and dried fruit, so thank goodness for that. I am now going to concentrate fully on losing this weight. My carbs most days lately are between 0 - 10 gm, and I seem to be doing ok on that.
                Fantastic that you are feeling good today. It is great to bounce out of bed all set for the day.
                Off for my mammogram now - yay NOT

be good
                G

...small steps....

Comment

• be good
                  lmao the trick is to not get caught! awesome you were able to only have a few pieces. i have to avoid that stuff or i eat it all and then feel very sick.

Comment

• [QUOTE=zoebird;957077]breadcrumbs are just filler in meatballs, we've never used them when we make any kind of ball, patty, etc.

But they also add texture to the meat balls and it stops them sticking to the pan when frying and they fall to bits, well they did last night. Will try some home made LSA, e.g. bought seeds which I grind myself. Thanks guys

Comment

• having all sorts of fun with the clubbells lol i so wish i could have gotten a smaller set as these are 6kg each. i can do barbarian squats and some of these Clubbell - Iron Cross - YouTube front swings and pendulums and arm casts. after that it gets hairy so i may have to train more. or just do one at a time to start. it gives me that feeling i get after i've sprinted up part of the hill near me and i stop and it all overtakes me and i feel real puffed and my heart is going real fast.

Comment

• have fun girl !!!!! I might just stick to my elbow bending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i.e. raising the bottle of red to my lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                          have fun girl !!!!! I might just stick to my elbow bending !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i.e. raising the bottle of red to my lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Now that is my kind of exercise, will google clubbells shortly as I have no idea what they are, but they sound vaguely scary. I have not really done much in the way of exercise so far except a couple of push ups now and then (and I do mean a couple, as in 2 before collapsing in a sweaty heap). I don't drive though so do quite a bit of walking to get from A to B so I'm not totally lazy. I would like to start the lift heavy things part of this though as I think if I start off gently and carefully a bit more muscle and strength will help take the load off my joints a bit.

Comment

• we've never had that problem. honestly. the texture is fine for us, and then it's a matter of having a hot-enough pan to sear. sometimes we add bacon or duckfat to the iron skillet, but not usually.

Comment

• Hi Zoebird - how are things up in Wellington ??? and where do you buy duck fat ?

G

...small steps....

Comment

• I got duck fat at moore wilsons, but you might be able to get it at a butcher or speciality place.

Comment

Working...
                                X