X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Misabi its a spambot.
    Yeah, I know :-D

Just thought I'd get in first before you started swearing at it again ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Oh and I've posted some new pics on my journal, warning not for the squeamish..
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• warning not for the squeamish
        what the kombi van? lmao around here dead blackbirds dont register. my cat brings in too cute to shoot bunnies and chases them around for fun on a daily basis. i dont even officially feed her anymore as i dont have to. did the dog eat it or just play with it? aforementioned cat tends to not bother the birds as they are sorta boney and feathery and not a patch on tasty juicy baby bunnies. the dog, on the other hand, is a pointer and a retriever so we dont get any of that primitive paleo behaviour going on. i have to kill it for him lol the food pics are nice. you so need to do the cooking when you all come to stay in the kombi!

Comment

• Nah, she wouldn't eat it. Feathers kept getting stuck in her mouth. I put in in her dinner bowl and she just took it out and dropped it again. As far as the muttlies are concerned, their dinner comes from the freezer.

And I fort you're country folk, the city girls at work had a completely different reaction :-)

Comment

• And now we've got a lone mother trying to look after 3 chicks nesting in our grapefruit tree.
            Gonna rig up a bird feeder close to them so she doesn't have go far for food.

Comment

• the city girls at work had a completely different reaction :-)
              lol yeah i always find it strange how you can shreik and scream about a dead anything and eat meat. i even knew someone once who couldnt eat whole chickens roasted as they looked dead but could do things like KFC and chicken breast. the lone mother and abandoned babys i do struggle with. just as i get a bit upset when people go get the little flapper ducks to eat. now usually, if birds have chicks. the native ones anyways, they tend to go look for worms and grubs as they need lots of protein so bear that in mind if you are feeding her. also work out if you are making her an easy target for a cat where the feeder is. my cat leaves any dog for dead when it comes to catching small animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                lol yeah i always find it strange how you can shreik and scream about a dead anything and eat meat. i even knew someone once who couldnt eat whole chickens roasted as they looked dead but could do things like KFC and chicken breast. the lone mother and abandoned babys i do struggle with. just as i get a bit upset when people go get the little flapper ducks to eat. now usually, if birds have chicks. the native ones anyways, they tend to go look for worms and grubs as they need lots of protein so bear that in mind if you are feeding her. also work out if you are making her an easy target for a cat where the feeder is. my cat leaves any dog for dead when it comes to catching small animals.
                Good points, thanks.

Silly birds built the nest on a branch about chest height, so not too bright in the first place, then the dad decides to fly straight into the house through the back door.

Comment

• they arent the smartest. you know the southern europeans and i think the ancient english ate/eat blackbirds? the origin of the song four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. you should have brined it and eaten it!

and it is raining again today! the met service is claiming a few dying away showers but i pretty much class what they write as fiction.

Comment

• Morning all, no rain here !!!!
                    I think you are right about the blackbirds Seaweed, but it would take a few to get a decent feed!
                    Misabi stupid me replied to your bird/combi combo, in your thread thinking I was in THIS thread. Sometimes you gotta wonder about this old Gwamma !!!!
                    What is everyone doing for Christams? its just around the corner and we all need to think about food choices etc.....
                    .....just sayin !!!! LOL
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• What is everyone doing for Christams?
                      denial is a restruant in manhatten. i am trying not to think about it. we aint the waltons, so it is always a nightmare. but we can talk about xmas food in a generic celebration day type of a way lol i was thinking of a whiskey fast. kinda like the potato diet but 12 days of whiskey for xmas lol

Comment

• I could be up for that Seaweed !!! usually our christmases are soooooooo busy that I don't enjoy them, but this year we will be just Darby and Joan ! We will be out for breaky with middle DD and her BF and then away down to fairlie for a meal either christmas day or boxing day..........so quite the relaxed season here. I havn't caught up with youngest DD in America for a week or two, so I think they went to Florida for thanks giving. I need to skype her to find out if she was bitten by an aligator! Thats what I relate to Florida....sad really....cos they possibly only have a couple, and they are behind a big wire fence !!!! LOL
                        Northern Australia is the same. I can't go way up there because that big old croc might get me !!!!!!! LOL....bl--dy sad

...small steps....

Comment

• i know hippos kill more people than crocs annually in africa. but i never worry about them lol i may go with staunching out xmas day and then doing something boxing day with just me and the kids. food will be the trick as food i shouldnt really be eating and major stress dont go well together.

Comment

• I have heard that about Hippos, so another reason for me not to swim in Africa !!!!!!
                            I think that I need to crawl into a wee box, and not do anything adventurous any more !!!!! LOL sux to be me !!!!!!
                            Right Seaweed we need to implement some stress reducers......I am one to talk !!!!!!
                            But lets have some ideas on how to make this christmas stressless !!!!!!!
                            We all need to pool some ideas for happy healthy primal snacks, so as sugar and grains don't spoil it for us.........and I need some ideas on what to send youngest DD and her host family in america, for christmas !!!!!!!
                            H-E-L-P

...small steps....

Comment

• But lets have some ideas on how to make this christmas stressless !!!!!!!
                              have the aliens capture my exhusband and keep him?

Comment

• From 23 Dec until 25 Dec I'm going to be cleaning and decluttering my house and doing some relaxing and hiking around town. We might also go out for a meal or something.

We don't reinact santa/etc, or really celebrate christmas, so I'm not worried about it.

Then, on the 26th of december, my ILs arrive at 8 am. We will take them to breakfast, and then on to the hostel where they are staying, and see how they feel. Our friends have an annual celebration at the hotel where they work, which is for staff and friends and people who don't have family in town, etc. We'll go to that with my ILs, so that they can meet many of our friends who will be attending. THen we'll take them back to the hostel.

After that, we have 3 more days in wellington, and then we are spending 5 days up the coast (kapiti). Then, we are back in Wellington for a week, and then off to Ngawi for 4 days (skipping monday, returning Tuesday), I have to get back by 11, so we'll leave at 8 am or some such. Then there's a last day in Wellington, and they leave at 5 or something on the 15th of Jan.

I'm not looking forward to being with my ILs, but I am looking forward to doing fun stuff with DS and DH.

Comment

Working...
                                X