No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mine is european behaved hard core. i have an iron fist about restaurant meals.

i find it very cold here (i'm cold most of the time), so a lot of people are out in bathingsuits and in the water and what not, and I'm freezing and in layers.

Comment

• yes i would poss be out in my bikini in your harbour right now. still waiting for my lift and my toes are purple already and i am still in the house. am gonna need to start on the whisky to keep warm which could get a bit too adventurous later on!

Comment

• There are currently people out in their bikinis on the beach and paddle boarding and swimming. so yes. I'm wearing two shirt layers, my jeans, and a light jacket and scarf.

Comment

• Hi y'all. I am thrilled that you have been introduced to my grand baby boy. He is very cute, and NO I couldn't eat him !!! he didn't meet Prince Charles at the show, but thats ok, cos he got to have mcdonalds chips on the way home !!!!
          The wedding in Hanmer Springs was lovely. It started to rain just as they were saying their vows, so into the heritage we went....meal fantastic, pinot noir - very good, company outstanding....and now back to reality....mowing lawns, catching up on computer work etc.....
          I need to buy me an ocean swimming wetsuit, but I don't want to spend heaps, however i think I am gonna need one !!!!
          Zoe enjoy that movie, I wanna know all about it when you get back
          Seas did you catch anything worthwhile ???
          Misabi, you can come down and cuddle baby boy anytime, and you can go for a spin with him on the 4 wheeler !!!!! he actually leans in around the corners !!! very cute
          Joanie, I love people watching !!! in fact the best place that I find is at marinas/boat ramps. Dad tells a delightful story at Auckland Marina one time - this guy pulled up in his fancy range rover with the HUGE launch on the back. The idea is you unhinge everything, back down the ramp, put your brakes on and the HUGE HEAVY boat just slides off into the water.......sadly this particular Mr Peacock........ cos he was an alpha male peacock - look at me....look at me........ anyway Mr Peacock forget to unhook the boat, and not only did the boat end up in the salt water, but the rangerover and trailer as well.
          ....... so if you have a spare afternoon, the boat ramp is the place to be.... best darn entertainment ever !!!!!!!
          Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM.
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• the movie was decent.

I think the writer did a good job of solving some problems that I felt were going to be issues from the books. I don't want to give it away, because it's well done. I think that of the 4 movies, it's the second-best, because you actually do need the first one for context. I actually prefer the first one best because I think it does a decent job overall of a relatively difficult book to adapt really. The last three were "eh" because I felt they were rushed, but I think they did do well with this one so it ends on a good note (film-making wise).

I felt that some of the animation was crappy. The animation of the child was bad, as in terrible, but otherwise they did ok. And I thought the credits (both before and after) were really well done (those are generally called "title sequences and credits" and it's a lot more planning and artwork than people think. I know someone who owns a company that specializes in those things, and they put a heck of a lot of artistry and effort in, so it's worth watching, imo).

What was really nice was to just have the time to chill out and not have any responsibilities. Next week, I'll be doing roller derby for that, though admittedly, it's at a crappy, crappy time of day (6:30 Sundays). Still, I'm excited to get going on next week. Then that will be another two hours without responsibility!

Also, I got some M&Ms (which DS calls muhnemmuhnems -- so cute) and had a few during the show and then brought the rest home to the kiddo. He gets 4 or 5 at a time, adn this is one of those "grab bag" ones where you have different kinds.

Went grocery shopping today and got arrowroot powder and baking powder to make the pumpkin pancakes. Got everything we needed and managed to save $30 on this week's food bill (and get an extra dozen of eggs to boot!).

So, all in all, good weekend.

Also, watching Downton Abbey Season 3. SO GOOD.

Comment

• Seas did you catch anything worthwhile ???
              lol it was raining so my dragnet partner didnt want to ruin his hairdo. i got lots of whiskey and a huge ass bag of frozen scallops so all good here.

Comment

• Zoe- i went to breaking dawn on Friday. I thought it was by far the best of all. Did they have yet another director for this one? Because it felt so different. Like you said, it wasn't rushed and it was much less cheesy than the others. I really liked the finishing credits too, it was a nice touch. I'll definitely be going again as soon as I can i'm just trying to figure out if anyone at work would notice if took a really long lunch break!

Comment

• Zoebird, in the name of the childless everywhere, I thank you for having children who behave in restaurants.

Gwamma, what a hoot. I'll put marinas on my list of "go watch" places.

Glad to hear Breaking Dawn (which my childish brain always turns into "Breaking Wind") was good. I saw the first two, then skipped the third, but the trailers for this one seem pretty good.

I woke up with a tense stomach. I'm off to google cocoa because that's the only new thing I've added to my diet recently. Maybe it has too much caffeine to drink/eat late at night? It kind of feels like what sometimes happens when I drink espresso too late in the day.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    lol it was raining so my dragnet partner didnt want to ruin his hairdo. i got lots of whiskey and a huge ass bag of frozen scallops so all good here.
                    men and their hairdos ehhh? Hope the scallops and whiskey went down well !!!!
                    Originally posted by Lizzielou View Post
                    Zoe- i went to breaking dawn on Friday. I thought it was by far the best of all. Did they have yet another director for this one? Because it felt so different. Like you said, it wasn't rushed and it was much less cheesy than the others. I really liked the finishing credits too, it was a nice touch. I'll definitely be going again as soon as I can i'm just trying to figure out if anyone at work would notice if took a really long lunch break!
                    LL I will not comment if you do the long lunch hour thing. You deserve it !!!!!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    I woke up with a tense stomach. I'm off to google cocoa because that's the only new thing I've added to my diet recently. Maybe it has too much caffeine to drink/eat late at night? It kind of feels like what sometimes happens when I drink espresso too late in the day.
                    good luck with the stomach thing. I am also having odd bouts of tummy issues, but I have been naughty lately !!!!!! so don't want to go there !!!

Did anyone see NZs got talent last night ? I so love Tamati. He is the most beautiful man, and yes I am being cougarish etc etc etc.... but us old Gwammas just about get away with anything !!!!!!
                    I spoke to Dad last night re Ocean swim.....wish I hadn't ! he does 3 kms in the pool 5 days per week and then swims in the ocean 1 day !!!!!! so I have some water to flow............ that was a clever pun..........until I am ready for my big oceanic experience.
                    P'raps I had best get me in the pool instead of trolling these forums and reporting spambots !!!!
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• We watched one episode of NZGT and thought it was boring. So, after that, we didn't watch it. We spent all of our TV hours (8 of them this weekend) watching downton. that is seriously messed up, but DS and I got out and did some fun things in the morning, and we had restful afternoons/evenings watching 4 hrs apiece. lol

In re: kids in restaurants. he's been going to them since he was a baby, and they are good mimics, kids. If you behave, they behave. And, he ahs the same rules at home. He has to chew with his mouth closed, use flatware properly, use a napkin properly, speak in a normal voice, and any tantrums in a resturant lead to going out right away (and getting a cuddle) to calm down and see if we can return or need to leave.

I remember not having children, and being like "holy cow!"

It shocks me that people fail to educate their children in basic manners until they are 12 or something. It's bizarre.

Comment

• men and their hairdos ehhh? Hope the scallops and whiskey went down well !!!!
                        lmao the joke is he has no hair. i am the one with hair that would have gotten very windswept and interesting. scallops are still in the freezer. i have some rabbit to cook too today. whiskey is long gone. always good to go on a bender once in a while to challenge the system

It shocks me that people fail to educate their children in basic manners until they are 12 or something. It's bizarre.
                        kids are mimics as you said. i wont bore you with tales of the ex lol what i dont get is if kids are polite and well behaved life is so much easier for them as everyone is nice to them. the world is their oyster. you would think it wouldnt be rocket science to work it out.

not much going on here today. there is sunlight yay! but not sure how together i am to do much more than my usual wander around the block and keep my nose to the grindstone and work for the day. and cook some rabbit while the kids arent looking lol maybe butter rabbit, or rabbit gumbo or greek rabbit stew!

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                          Did anyone see NZs got talent last night ? I so love Tamati. He is the most beautiful man, and yes I am being cougarish etc etc etc.... but us old Gwammas just about get away with anything !!!!!!
                          Now Gwamma, you do know that Tamati is gay right? I'd agree that he is quite easy on the eye though! When Gok Kwon (sp?) was in NZ a few years back he saw Tamati reading the weather on Breakfast and developed a very public crush on him. Gok went out shopping with Tamati and his boyfriend after the show apparently, poor Gok missed out with Tamati already being married to some other bloke.

Comment

• i have a coconut oil question. what brand does everyone use? i was using the deodourised stuff but got some of the normal stuff. force it down. gag lol then one of my mates has a different brand which smelt a whole heap nicer. it's more expensive but i can eat it by the spoon and it tastes good. i was suprised as i wouldnt have expected that much diff. previous brand was organic from health food shop. zenian i think? nice coconut oil is ceres organics coconut oil. also does anyone know where coconut oil fits in in the context of calories?

Comment

• Most oils and fats are between 100 and 120 calories per tablespoon. As to brands of coconut oil, I can't help you. I once got some as a gift and really didn't like it. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with my brain because so many folks rave about it here at MDA. I can also take or leave bacon, so just shoot me now.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• bacon i find too sweet as they usually use sugar in the curing process and i no longer eat sugar. so i can take it or leave it too. many more exciting things to be eating. that is what i meant too by in the context of calories. i dont want to be stuffing my face with coconut oil if i dont like it and using up my calories for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X