Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post

Immigration paperwork is nearly finished. I forgot that I also had to do my NZ police character thingy. Bah!
    we will all vouch for you Zoebird ! Good luck with the immigration
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I have a bad hair day every day !!! LOL
      you and me both gwamma. i often just have to put it up in a pony tail and forget about it.
      Immigration paperwork is nearly finished. I forgot that I also had to do my NZ police character thingy. Bah!
      LOL i love the police so much. when i went to get my firearms license they looked me up. they still have records of my speeding tickets from like 1994 where they got out of the vehicle to ticket me. how fast i was going, the swear words i used lol no just joking 2 funny. provided you have never talked to any of them, you should be fine.

Comment

• Never have talked to them other than to get fingerprints.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
          Never have talked to them other than to get fingerprints.
          LOLOL Why were you fingerprinted ?????? actually its none of my buisness.....but tell me anyway ! PLEASE

...small steps....

Comment

• forgot to say the magazine i was reading at the hair dresser reckoned if you have 3 cups of green tea a day, you live on average 5 yrs longer. how on earth they worked that out i dont know. i am slowly getting to grips with drinking green tea after lunch. on my good days i can manage 2 cups of coffee and the rest either rooibos or green tea so it is progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post

you guys are all sooooooooo lucky. I would litterally give my right arm for curly hair, but alas - I have a bad hair day every day !!! LOL
              Yeah it looks nice but its hard work to look after. I tend to get very dry frizzy Afro styles if I'm not really careful about what products I use and how I brush it or let it dry. I also spend a small fortune on products to tame the fuzz, like leave in conditioners and smoothers and curl definers and that's on top of the $25 to $30 shampoo and conditioner. I really can't let just anyone cut my hair either as it takes some skill to get just right- although maybe I'm just particular?

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                LOLOL Why were you fingerprinted ?????? actually its none of my buisness.....but tell me anyway ! PLEASE
                for immigration purposes.

Comment

• Yeah it looks nice but its hard work to look after. I tend to get very dry frizzy Afro styles if I'm not really careful about what products I use and how I brush it or let it dry. I also spend a small fortune on products to tame the fuzz, like leave in conditioners and smoothers and curl definers and that's on top of the $25 to $30 shampoo and conditioner. I really can't let just anyone cut my hair either as it takes some skill to get just right- although maybe I'm just particular?
                  mine prob isnt as curly as yours by the sounds of it and it is very long so the weight of the hair really helps. i use cheap shampoo or no poo at all and spend my $s on expensive conditioner. i have one of those wondercaps which is awesome. i use coconut oil on the ends but the deodourised stuff. and i experiment with whatever i can find on sale at the flash shampoo shops. my oldest had some nioxin conditioner the other day. it smelt like toothpaste but my hair went into ringlets when i had been using it so that is my next purchase.

Comment

• I'd love to no poo but seriously the thought of what state my hair would be in totally gives me the horrors. We no poo my son, and we don't use soap on either kid due to his eczema. We've had to use shampoo and conditioner on my daughter or she ends up with the most awful tangles and dreadlocks!

Comment

• oh I so want dreads !!!!! Middle DD has this gorgeous friend who has dreads, all oiled up and they look so great.... however when I made the decision to go down that track....I saw a woman in town, about my age....... talk about mutton !!!! LOL so I decided to not go there !!!!!
                      sad really !!!!

Why in the world would you have to be fingerprinted for immigration ??? Oh I suppose to prove that you are not an nternational terrorist, rapist, paed etc...... oh what is the world coming to ????

LL have you tried dove soap ??? Middle DD has horrendopus eczema, and we find that works well

...small steps....

Comment

• it's called a police character report. I have to get one from the US as well as NZ because I've been in NZ these last three years (nearly).

I had dreadlocks for a year. Loved them, but ultimately, they had to come out because they were too expensive to maintain. I had them professionally put in, and then every 6 weeks had them shaped up. It costs $300 every time I went into the shop. At $1200 per year, and difficulty having them look the way that I wanted (it woudl take at least three years, they estimated), I realized that I didn't want $3600 worth of locks. I started to care for them myself, but my hair was so fine that it woudl grow between dreads, and then they started coming out on their own becuase the new hair wasn't growing ito them and I couldn't use most of the normal (non-wax) methods to get them to go together. I loved them, but it was just too expensive.

I had them cut out and had a princess-di cut for a while until it started to grow out again, and now I just have my 4 hairstyles (combs, bun on top all messy, high pony tail, and up-do). I tend to wear it in order, too, with specific outfits. LOL

Comment

• i have seen older women with dreads that look amazing. i think if they look like mutton, it's coz they already do, not specifically coz of the dreads. i have always thought about dreads but it would be a bit culturally misappropriate of me and i also dont ever want to have to cut my hair off and that is the only way out. mine would dread pretty well too.

i only really have 3 hair styles lol out, up ( bun on top all messy lol high pony tail, low pony tail ) or plaited somehow ( french, dutch or just a plait ) actual no! 4 as sometimes i do it half up and half down. so front half up, back half down. but usually it is either in a high pony tail or loose.

Comment

• i do low pony and plaits (braids -- one on each side) for casual, stay-at-home or around the house hair styling. but when i go into town (which is pretty much all days 'cept sunday), i have one of my 4 styles.

I also wear a dress or skirt/top over my yoga clothes when I go into town, and jeans on off days. I'm fancy. lol

Comment

• off to the hairdressers this morning. Its also show week with today being the first day of the Canterbury A and P show. It is always a big day in town, althou traditionally the farming folk go on the thursday.
                              So the roads up to Culverden will be busy as ........ but thank fully most will be going the opposite way !!!!! yay

...small steps....

Comment

• but thank fully most will be going the opposite way !!!!!
                                these are the ones we have to look out for as they are usually tourists. been for a run on the treadmill this morning. and also last night. altho i got rung up 20 mins in and had to pant on the phone which was very funny. poor man lol it must be something to do with the reward centres in the brain coz once you get past that puffed stage, start sweating and then whatever kicks in, the endorphins maybe? you are set. even tho i am always pleased it is over, i can then always do it again regardless of how tired i am as i crave that rush. so it was just a matter of reminding my brain of the feeling and i am off. i have discussed the addictive side of exercise with overweight friends of mine and they dont get the feeling ever. which is interesting as maybe all of us dont. i do have to exert myself to get it. i dont get it from weights, i just like that slow medative pain. but the rush where you can feel your head coming up out of the water and you feel almost euphoric, i only get from running or real big hills.

hopefully a good day in paradise here as i have my washing on the line. clean sheet day. yay! my nice hair has been sweated on and sweated in so it is back up in a pony tail. my oldest is coming over today as well. have fun at the hairdresser gwamma!

Comment

Working...
                                X