No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i do that as you cant easily get cooking apples that pulp down. there is an awesome cookery book called kitchen of light which has a baked apple recipe with those ingredients sorta but without the lemon. i got the idea from there. i cover mine when it is cooking for a while. it just isnt an exact science. you can also leave out the lemon. add ginger to the apples etc. we eat it as dessert with cultured cream as well as with pork.

Comment

• Mmmhmm I am inspired!

I made a kind of apple crumble the other day - granny smith apples, berries, butter, just three pieces of chocolate chopped into it. sprinkle with LSA and more butter and bake. The family loved it. But I will try lemon and ginger too, I really need some variations as I have been a bit stuck.

What is cultured cream?
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• i so cant do that LSA stuff as i cant stand flax seeds. ground almonds would be awesome tho. did you ever make the urban legend choc chip cookie recipe in your pre-primal days? world's best cookie recipe as it is infinitely tweakable if you stick to the basic flour, butter and eggs proportions. the full version you grind milk choc in with the oats so the principle def has potential.

Comment

• I am salivating girls !!!! IUt all sounds yummy. As for checking JJ from NJ out first - how the hell would I know what you like in a man ????? I say we just get him out here, and have a party - in Seaweeds honor of course LOLOL

right so here is the thing !!!!! I made a creamy reduced sauce for lunch today, sauteed prawns, and my DH loved it ! so onward and upward
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• right so here is the thing !!!!! I made a creamy reduced sauce for lunch today, sauteed prawns, and my DH loved it ! so onward and upward
            now that sounds yummy. shopping tomorrow briefly as i am going to the hair dresser so have to go to town. creamy reduced sauce with prawns maybe when i get home then. i am missing my kai moana now it is november.

good plan to have a party. i will bring the kids and the dog as well. we went to an awesome bonfire party on saturday. i actually got into the pinot to counteract the weekend stress so it was a bit more fun than i had planned lol

Comment

• Just wanted to say, "Cool on getting to page 100 in one of the most fun threads on all the forums." You all rock.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Hi guys, I know I have been extremely quiet since joining this site, and now I feel really bad that my 1st real posting is asking for help.

I have just been back to the doctors, as I have had a descent dose of pneumonia, I finished a 7 day course of anti-biotics (fluclox) last Sunday, and I am now on another lot (augmentin & roxithyromicin) for the next 7 days.

Obviously these anti-biotics are going to beat me up a little, just seeking some words of wisdom possibly for surviving the anti-biotic onslaught.

Comment

• heya dragon, if you are already going to the doctors try to get them to check your blood levels of vit D. not totally sure what they should be but vit D deficiency is very indicated in pneumonia/flu. a quick search of the forums around here will have stacks on vit D. then the rest is common sense. probiotics, lacto fermented food, no sugar or grains, sunshine, rest etc.

Comment

• i like to gently sautee/stew apples as well. and, then i crush them down with a fork to make them saucy. it's chunky, but tasty nonetheless.

Kitchen of Light is an awesome scandinavian cookbook. One of my favorites. Used to have a cooking show along with it that I loved to watch.

Comment

• we never got the cooking show here but i would have liked to have watched it. i got the book for one of my birthday pressies when our dollar was really high against the usd. he did another one called something like where flavour was born which looks good but i cant get it in the library here to check out. def like some texture in apple sauce myself. and the pears out of kitchen of light are divine.

question is. what sort of sauce should i make to go with venison?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon28_NZ View Post
                        Hi guys, I know I have been extremely quiet since joining this site, and now I feel really bad that my 1st real posting is asking for help.

I have just been back to the doctors, as I have had a descent dose of pneumonia, I finished a 7 day course of anti-biotics (fluclox) last Sunday, and I am now on another lot (augmentin & roxithyromicin) for the next 7 days.

Obviously these anti-biotics are going to beat me up a little, just seeking some words of wisdom possibly for surviving the anti-biotic onslaught.

Dragon28 welcome to our own little thread. You have definately come to the right place. We kiwis are not only cooking gurus, but medicos, teacheos, phsyciatrios, farmios, yogios, combi vanios, and we provide a wee dating service on the side !!!!!!!!
                        Good luck with that pneumonia. That concoction of antibiotics is not the nicest. Seaweed, our own little hunter gatherer, has hit the nail, with her words of wisdom.
                        Lots of rest. You don't want to stress those lungs any more than you have to. Let us know how you get on and don't be a stranger. Get on here and tell us your deep and dark secrets. We promise not to tell a soul !!!! LOL

okay am off for a swim at 7.15pm !!! its gonna be cold !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Gwamma, you are incorrigible.

PS Welcome Dragon28, don't mind her she gets a little carried away sometimes.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Sorry Annie - it is down time for me, No offence Dragon and you do need to kick this bug into touch !!!!!
                            G x

...small steps....

Comment

• Venison with coffee and red wine sauce: here.

Also, DH got tickets to the 12 am, 12/12/12 3d, fast frame Hobbit! Since I don't see 3d, it's wasted on me, but he invited our friends (two), and we have an extra ticket besides. Need to find another friend, I think.

Then, DH and I go see the 8 pm showing at the embassy on 12/12/12 anyway (2d, regular frame rate).

Comment

• Venison with coffee and red wine sauce: here.
                                a combo of most of my food vices - yumm!!! i will try it on weds for lunch. which reminded me that i have done roast venison with chocolate sauce before.

the hobbit looks like it will be good. i cant find anywhere what rating it is. i did want to take the kids to see the hunger games but they were too young. being into knives, i should say the man who made the knives and swords for the hobbit lives near me. he is an unreal craftsman. if i came into a large sum of money, i would get him to make me a knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X