Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    i make icecream for the kids out of frozen berries and either cultured cream or real cream in the blender. my kids prefer it with real cream. it needs to be straight out of the blender, as it is like softserve icecream then.
    Yum. So that means only making the exact amount you are going to eat? This is where I think I overdid things last night, lol.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• yes usually just the exact amount. i did overdo it once and i put the extra in one of those little cyclops yoghurt pots with a lid and stuck it in the freezer. my middle child took it to school for lunch but you lose the icecream texture that way. their fave is rapsberry as the berries are smaller so easier to blend up. with strawberries i have to leave them for a while to thaw a tiny bit.
      what has happened to our weather? it is still like mid winter here.

Comment

• We don't have a blender, so we melt our frozen berries, then mash them thoroughly with banana and avocado (gives it the creaminess). then I gently stir through coconut cream so that it's red/white, and then chop up some dark chocolate for the chips. Then put it into little cups and freeze it (at the back of the freezer where it gets cold enough). Then it's a great treat for the kiddies. well for grown ups, too, but the bananas blow the carb numbers.

Comment

• Oh, and what I wanted to say is: OMG I LOVE IF!

Seriously, IF is amazing. I got my period today. NO PMS symptoms AT ALL. seriously. My waist is 26.5 inches (so still going down/holding the same), and my hips are down at 36.5. I'm not doing anything different, just IF!

Also, I would say that overall, my primal is far more "clean" -- and I'm quite happy about that. Simple as can be, really. I think that DH and I look younger, too. I don't know why, but I do.

Comment

• i have been finding the further away i get from sugar the less i need the bananas. i did make a paleo mug cake the other day with a mashed kumara instead of a banana and it tasted good.

Comment

• Oh, and what I wanted to say is: OMG I LOVE IF!
              too cold here to IF lol it is still like midwinter.

Comment

• I don't know, really. I mean, we plan on doing this year-round, so. . .

Comment

• We get the bananas for DS. Dh and I rarely eat them. DH and I eat berries and citrus as well as the seasonal goodies like feijoa kiwis, and stone fruit. Otherwise, we pretty much leave everything else go, but DS can have anything he wants (apples, pears, bananas, whatever). He mostly eats berries and oranges (his favorites), plus the feijoas, kiwifruit, and so on.

And we eat the kurama, but once a week or so. DH might do twice.

Comment

• i think it is lots colder in my hood. i walk 6ks with the dog almost every morning in all weathers over rough terrain. recently it has been gales and down pours. i prob could just white knuckle it out and i have experimented a few months back but i feel better if i eat breakfast before i go battle the elements. if you look at the recent seasonal affected disorder thread somewhere here. odds and ends maybe? some one did say about how it wasnt good to IF in the winter. it made sense anyways when i read it in passing this morning.

Comment

• And we eat the kurama, but once a week or so. DH might do twice.
                      we tend to eat more yams. but only roasted with meat. the kids got some 24 hr vomiting bug a while back and now wont eat bananas. i meant more you can use kumara instead of bananas in cakey things as they are lower carb.

Comment

• Howdy all - another frost this morning !!!! this is unreal !!!!
                        I have found another wee mismothered lamb this morning. Well not so much mismothered, cos the mum does love it, but no udder = no milk, and the wee thing has terrible scours, so I have taken them in and am trying to boost the wee fellas milk. I will have to give him antibiotics as well. Very smelly poos !!!!!

[QUOTE=seaweed;984348]i make icecream for the kids out of frozen berries and either cultured cream or real cream in the blender. my kids prefer it with real cream. QUOTE]

this sounds amazing Seaweed. I am so gonna have to try this today

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        OMG I LOVE IF!.
                        Zoebird, I am thrilled that this is working for you. You might just have to repost your daily routine !!!!! PLEASE
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Yum, I do icecream like that too, in the bowl attachment of my stick blender, and the kids love it made with coconut cream. I also do a pudding made with thawed berries that I lightly smoosh with a fork and poor over cream - nice little treat for mummy when the kids are in bed.

Comment

• Oh my goodness gracious me...... I have just been over to tube feed said little lamb, flipped him over and his wee bottom, testicles, legs and tail were absolutely swarming with maggots !!!!!!! eew eew eew. They had also eaten through the skin in several places. I feel so bad because I carried him in this morning, but never thought to check under his tail. There are two things that I absolutely hate in this world -with a passion, and they are spiders and maggots !!!!!!! I realise that the baby spiders and baby maggots will have mothers that love them - but I cannot do maggots....so where is DH when you need him...not here....where is DD when you need her....not here, so I had to deal to these flilthy disgusting things !!!!!!!!
                            I found some maggo and poured it all over the affected area, and litterally hundreds of these things came squirming out of all the nooks and crannies. The poor wee fella.
                            So I then let the maggo do its work, washed all the dying ones off and re maggoed. I have tubed him as well....so am hoping that I have caught it in time. Activists get so pissy about farmers tailing sheep but if you could see what these disgusting things do to a daggy animal, it is gross........the wee thing

Anyway there must be a reason for the scours in the first place, so I don't hold out much hope for the wee fella, but I had to do something ! Watch this space.....
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• My routine is relatively simple.

First, DH cooks all of the food. And does the dishes. And packs the food into boxes and into the bag that we bring to work. So, the first rule is delegation.

After that, it's fairly simple. I pretty much have two meals and a snack (sometimes not a snack) which constitutes about 1500-1700 calories on a 45F/30P/25C split.

Typically, we stop eating at 7/7:30 and don't start again until 11/11:30. Because of my work schedule two days a week, if I'm hungry at 10:30, I'll eat then. Today I was not, so I didn't break the fast until now. . . and it's 1:15. I'll start eating in a minute, even though I'm just a little hungry. Today is likely to be a two-meal day.

Comment

• Oh Gwamma, how truly replulsive! I'm a nurse so it takes quite a bit to gross me out, but you did it with that story. That poor wee lamby.

Comment

Working...
                                X