No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh shit, if you train.... then I am gonna have to triple train.... I am sooooo unfit
    I best do a plank first and see where that takes me !
    I also love the butter chicken, however everyone in my house is so sick of it - I have made it too many times lol.
    Little grandson number 1 is three today. I cannot believe how quickly time goes by. Very cute wee fella
    ok off to do some kettlebells right now !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I passed along the butter chicken recipe to DH, but he says it's too hard. LOL he's the recipe man, so I try to keep it simple for him.

kiddo had an enjoyable day in the sun here in wellly. all morning with his girlfriend, then the park at the waterfront, and we gave in and got him ice cream on the way back to the car. He's running around the house with his "knives" now (sticks).

my house is a mess and I need to tidy it.

Comment

• tell DH that I often put everything into the crockpot and leave it to cook !!!!! Althou I don't put both yohurt and coconut cream...either/or. easy peasy - as Jo Seagar would say !
        Actually I went to one of her courses about a year ago, what a fantastic lady. Lots of fun !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh shit, if you train.... then I am gonna have to triple train.... I am sooooo unfit
          you know what inspired me to do big weights and what finally nailed it home to me that i was never gonna get like arnie was an absolutely awesome masters 3 female powerlifter at my gym. i used to attend some of her personal training sessions when i was studying. she turns up with her old lady coat on and looks just like an old lady. she had good posture. was a few inches shorter than me with the usual slightly more round abs older women get. weighed about the same as me. if you had to guess which of us could smoke the other on all the exercises by appearances hahaha till... she could bench press 52kgs on the bar and deadlift about 110 kgs or even poss more!! i nearly fell over. apparently 2 years previously she had struggled to bench the bar for 20 reps. a total inspiration and she was such a cool person too. so yeah. never ever too late. do it.

Comment

• I also love the butter chicken, however everyone in my house is so sick of it - I have made it too many times lol.
            try japanese curry instead. i have made it with venison and wild pork in the past and it uses bone broth so it is good for that reason alone. there is a recipe here. Japanese Curry Recipe | Japanese Recipes i also do the one here Katsu-Curry with Black Curry Recipe you need to primalise then and also use a different thickener. i just use a smidgen of tapioca starch myself. i serve mine over steamed cauliflower and veges or you could even do zucchini noodles which i love.

Comment

• i will definately try that one. I actually saw a cast iron wok in Briscoes the other day, and think I might pop back and grab it. I love my cast iron fry pans and casserole dish, I use them all the time.
              Anyway tomorrow, I am gonna revamp my lifestyle. Have been dragging the chain, and need to tweak a few things, so heres to tomorrow......a song comes to mind....tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, your only a day away .........

...small steps....

Comment

• i am going tailing tomorrow morning so i dont want to think about that! i got my cast iron wok from briscoes on sale. ridiculously low priced. i also got a couple of small cast iron skillets for like $15 which are awesome. my old trusty cast iron fry pan i have had for years and use all the time as well. how's the kettle balling coming on? if i get a chance to go to the gym at the weekend when i am in town, i will have a play with some of the ones there. so any ideas for good exercises to try other than the trusty kettlebell swing would be good.

Comment

• had a wee play with the kettlebell. managed a couple of side arm lifts, but need to find a thread that shows me some good ones to do. So tomorrow, I will ditch the Husband, no computer work, well maybe an hour or two, and I am gonna spend some quality time on ME.
                  last wine tonight for a wee while !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Do you use the scissors with the tailing or rubber ring ????

...small steps....

Comment

• the rubber ring.

are side arm lifts like lateral raises?

Comment

• probably - how would this old Gwamma know what the correct name is ????? wheres coach palfrey when you need him !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• lmao a lateral raise is where you raise your arms to the side in line with your body. you should get them up at a horizontal line with your shoulders. i could prob google a you-tube. i find kettlebells quite awkward to hold for those sorts of movements which is why i would use a dumbbell personally for that.

Comment

• ok so yep managed that - but only a couple each side....and only for a few milliseconds.
                            Can you come and be my personal trainer ???????
                            We have gas scissors for our tailing, and they work really well. Cuts, seals and disinfects at the same time, the poor little buggars !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• i have studied personal training and i wouldnt be without my one. he is awesome. my extravagance. you have like 6kg kettlebells? and you do both sides together or one at a time. lift and hold or lift up and down?

the chicks i used to weave with from down south reckoned the tails were a total delicacy if you bbq them. i know someone who does them that way vs the bands so i am gonna ask for a few.

Comment

• yea the old Maori neighbour used to love getting the tails, he was exstatic !!!!!!
                                Nope I just lifted them out, held for as long as I could and then down. Not very strong, but I am gonna do some serioso training now that I have me a wee challenge !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X