No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I can join this thread now that I'm back in NZ!

I'm looking on that farmlands site, but not seeing your place yet!

Sounds like fine to road trip and swim with sharks.

I'm enjoying a good strong wind today. It made the walk along the harbor SO nice (and intense!). I just love that. Did so much yoga and pilates, too. Feeling a bit sore from having done so much!

Comment

• Zoe's - exciting that you are back in NZ, how's the wee fulla ????? Hope all good with you.. The house is Also under " eyrewell forest estate", in trade me.
      Do you still have yoga videos for sale ?????? Gwamma so needs to get into some exercise. X
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Heya G! My son in law made the cages for the shark dive boat. I am ever so jealous as I have always wanted to go see the sharks but it is too expensive. Where are you going if you are selling your house?

Comment

• Here's my 20 minute one on youtube (free) that you can check out.

DS is doing really well. He's already 7.5! It's amazing how he went from being a sweet fat-faced baby to this sleek little boy! He's so TALL and thin but heavy/muscular (dense). He's very active in swimming, capoeira, and just running and playing as much as he possibly can. And his reading and numeracy are going well, too. He loves his school -- he walks himself there in the mornings and is SO proud of himself for doing so. He's pretty much the only one of the kids in his class to do that, which is interesting to me. I guess I'm more liberal, yet again. But he's so capable!

Gwamma! That is one fancy place! I hope you get a great buyer quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            Heya G! My son in law made the cages for the shark dive boat. I am ever so jealous as I have always wanted to go see the sharks but it is too expensive. Where are you going if you are selling your house?
            Hello Seas, wow I hope that the shark cages are safe LOL, actually I am sure that they are !!!!!! I just love those great white sharks, however watching them on the tv during shark week will be so different from popping into a cage and seeing them up close........ And of course I have never scuba dived in my life, but they give us a wee lesson for $99. Time will tell how this old Gwamma gets on !!!!! Xxxxx

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
              Here's my 20 minute one on youtube (free) that you can check out.

DS is doing really well. He's already 7.5! It's amazing how he went from being a sweet fat-faced baby to this sleek little boy! He's so TALL and thin but heavy/muscular (dense). He's very active in swimming, capoeira, and just running and playing as much as he possibly can. And his reading and numeracy are going well, too. He loves his school -- he walks himself there in the mornings and is SO proud of himself for doing so. He's pretty much the only one of the kids in his class to do that, which is interesting to me. I guess I'm more liberal, yet again. But he's so capable!

Gwamma! That is one fancy place! I hope you get a great buyer quickly.
              Thrilled to hear that the wee lad is growing well and doing all the stuff that one would expect from a wee fella. NZ is such a fantastic place to raise children, although some health and safety laws are starting to become the normal. Sad really because children need to be able to experience life without restrictions. Anyway just my thoughts !!!!!!
              Yes it's a beautiful place Zoe's, however it's now too big for me and the old fella. I might need some tips on de cluttering when we sell. However I don't think it's going to sell quickly !
              Time is on our side

...small steps....

Comment

• Well it's now 10.30 pm, Gwamma is absolutely buggered............. Water lasted for 2 hours this morning, then washed the outside windows ( there are a few of them ) and finally mowed the lawns .......... So a full on typical day for this old wrinkled one !!!!!!! Good night, sleep tight, and hopefully I will catch up with you all soon.
                Me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

...small steps....

Comment

• For decluttering, just start easy in one room. small amounts -- one drawer a day, or one basket of stuff a day. I used to have a laundry basket, and I'd just walk through a room and fill it with random things. Then, while watching a show on TV or whatever, I'd go through the basket.

It's actually surprising how much you can get through if you just do one basket a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                    For decluttering, just start easy in one room. small amounts -- one drawer a day, or one basket of stuff a day. I used to have a laundry basket, and I'd just walk through a room and fill it with random things. Then, while watching a show on TV or whatever, I'd go through the basket.

It's actually surprising how much you can get through if you just do one basket a day.
                    Hmmmmmmm DH has a 14 m x 9 m shed full of shite. That's gonna be the hard one. How does one get rid of the Massey ferguson 184 tractor, bought new in 1975????????? It now has the Nic name of two speed........reverse and second gear. !!!!!!! How do you get rid of the shearing gear and all the nuts and bolts that have be accumulated in a lifetime of farming the land ?????? It's not gonna be easy. But you are right Zoe's - a small basket at a time !!!!!!
                    Right Gwamma is off to the land of nod.
                    Love to you all xxxx

...small steps....

Comment

• Hello Seas, wow I hope that the shark cages are safe LOL
                      he made the one which was on the discovery channel doco with the camera in and also one which went to shark alley in South Africa so I think you are safe. Sweet dreams G xx

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                        OmG guys, hello, hello, hello. I am so hoping you are all well and happy........l Gwamma has news.... Firstly our daughter is selling our house, so if anyone would like to buy a very American styled home...... Check this out..... Go into www.farmlands.co.nz.........look up RA1688........and second piece of news for this old Gwamma......... Middle daughter has asked me to go on a road trip with her to Stewart Island. And we have booked to go in a cage to swim with the great white sharks !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this is going to surpass all experiences !!!!!!
                        Anyway love you guys. Xxxxxx
                        Beautiful home, G. You will miss it but definitely on the large side for a household of two. I hope you find just the right buyer at just the right time.

Meanwhile, swimming with the sharks, eek!!! I await your trip report with baited breath.

As for the decluttering, good luck with that one. My neighbour recently had to dispose of 37 years worth of exactly the kind of suff you say your dh has in his shed. It took him weeks of to-ing and fro-ing to lug old engines and the like onto the back of his ute and cart them up to his new place where I gather he has acquired a shipping container to put them all in. Some of it he tried to sell on trade me. Not an enviable task, family members willing to help were conspicuous by their absence.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• The easiest way to get rid of a lot of stuff (after removing what you want from the shed/pile) is to call an auction house and they'll take it away all at once and deal with it. Then take their fees and send you the check of the remainder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                            Beautiful home, G. You will miss it but definitely on the large side for a household of two. I hope you find just the right buyer at just the right time.

Meanwhile, swimming with the sharks, eek!!! I await your trip report with baited breath.

As for the decluttering, good luck with that one. My neighbour recently had to dispose of 37 years worth of exactly the kind of suff you say your dh has in his shed. It took him weeks of to-ing and fro-ing to lug old engines and the like onto the back of his ute and cart them up to his new place where I gather he has acquired a shipping container to put them all in. Some of it he tried to sell on trade me. Not an enviable task, family members willing to help were conspicuous by their absence.
                            Hi Annie, yes it gonna be a huge task, however it needs to be done. After DH has taken everything that he wants, middle will come and take her fill, then we thought that his brother, who is still farming can come and pik over the remnants. Then it will be a free for all !!!!!!!!!
                            I hope all the little Annie's are well. And I also hope that you are still walking in your beautiful mountains taking breathtaking photos.

I have awoken to rain this morning. Misty rain. We are in desperate need of some moisture, so this is great, however it might mean that it's inside windows for me. I am struggling to keep the house constantly clean, but it's so much easier if someone wants to look thru - I can have it up to speed in about three hours, rather than let it go a bit and spend a full day titivating and tidying.
                            Have the best day...........
                            ..........can anyone guess what this old Gwamma dreamed about last night ???????????............. Yep sharks

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              I hope all the little Annie's are well. And I also hope that you are still walking in your beautiful mountains taking breathtaking photos.
                              Thanks G all the little Annies are doing well, they are constantly in transit between overseas adventures. This weekend we have a precious 24 hours together, next opportunity will be Christmas!!! Littlest Annie is hardly home either, being busy busy busy with school, friends and dance etc.

How is your dh health, if I dare ask?? Have fun with the sharks, and success with the decluttering. And yep, lots of tramping for me.
                              Annie Ups the Ante
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Such a beautiful day here in Wellington! Got to watch some "wellywood" fun -- two big areas of film crews doing their business (i think it's the Scarlett Johansson 'ghost-something' film). Had a beautiful harbor walk and took ALL THE STAIRS up to the house. It's a bit of a longer and more steep route, which means I did about 200 steps today on the way home!

This afternoon we'll probably go for a nice walk up hill, then down hill, then along the beach.

Comment

Working...
                                X