No announcement yet.

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jac, misabi and badger baby - how are youse fullas ?????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hey G, welcome back

Things are ticking over up here. I'm pretty much recovered from my hernia surgery after a bit of a stumbling recovery (probably due to me underestimating the op and recovery time more than anything else) and getting back into regular training and competing in jiu jitsu. Just need to get back into my kettlebells now and I'll be happy

Took bronze in my division at an old fellas comp last weekend and should've been competing in an all ages comp today but came down with a nasty stomach flu that's been going around up here during the week, so gave it a miss. There's another comp in a couple of weeks that I'm contemplating entering too, but it's longer matches and I'm not sure my conditioning is up to it yet.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm doing great - still trying to make some headway with my digestive issues and lose some weight along the way I'm on day 5 of my first whole 30 and doing fine (touch wood).

Lizzie I gave up on ketosis after 6 weeks - I started losing energy and my mood dropped, and I couldn't get into deep ketosis at all. A bit bummed about that.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Not a lot happening here. Snow. Sleet and rain and it is cold. Still maintaining my weight. Still weight lifting. I am dithering about getting a kiwitub as I inherited some money. it has to turn up yet and it may not even be enough for that. But we shall see. the prospect of a hot tub in this weather is very appealing indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post

Lizzie I gave up on ketosis after 6 weeks - I started losing energy and my mood dropped, and I couldn't get into deep ketosis at all. A bit bummed about that.
            See, I knew it was almost unachievable. I think something is working for me, eating VLC, although I'd say I probably drop in and out of ketosis fairly regularly which is why I still get ketones in my urine after 5 months. I don't have the willpower/interest to keep my protein levels low enough I think, but I find cutting out the carbs fairly simple. Haven't had probs with energy levels or mood though, but I imagine I would if I started to follow ketosis to point.

Comment

• Hi G, Seas and everyone!

I'm ok. Eating ok, exercise fallen away, tidying segueing now into cleaning. Trying not to do too much internet.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• How fantastic to hear from you all. Well done to one and all, this lifestyle is obviously suiting you all.
                ..............I is not doing as well as I should, however it's my own fault and I need a cracker up my " ask your mother for sixpence".
                I seem to flit from one thing to another and have totally been mis mothered . Anyway at the moment I am trying the red wine diet............I think that I might be onto a winner !!!!!!!!!
                G x

...small steps....

Comment

• To all my dear darling MDA friends.
                  Just thought I would pop in and say hi !!!!!!
                  I so miss you all but until I get myself on track, I am best to stay well clear of all the amazing stories on here. I am finally shedding the 12 kilos that I have put onin the last 12 months. Severely obese would be the doctors words, if I ever bothered to visit the doctor ! Any way I am 7 down in the last 3 months, however still a heap to lose before I am a healthy old grandma again.
                  My main reason for popping in was to say a very merry and safe Christmas to everyone. We here in NZ celebrate it first - naturally, and the countdown has begun.
                  My love to you all
                  Gwamma, xxxxx
                  Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 12-20-2015, 12:16 PM.

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh em gee. GWAMMA!!
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Badger baby- my beautiful little Anglo-Aussie - how are you my gorgeous wee thing. I am so hoping that you and wee man are well, good, and loving life to the max. I am the main caregiver to my three wee grandchildren at the moment, and we have just had chicken pox - one after t'other......... Good golly goodness - it's been a wee journey one after the other.........anyway out the other side now..........and able to say a huge hello to my beautiful people. Hope all is well down under. am a little concerned about the fires thou ....... Please stay safe. X

...small steps....

Comment

• Sweetheart, we are doing well...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Sweetheart, we are doing well...

Comment

• OMG not only has wee man grown up, but is that a badger girl quilt that I spy ???????

...small steps....

Comment

• Nope. It's a blank canvas. I have missed you super much.

http://rs125.pbsrc.com/albums/p78/li...h=480&fit=clip

Comment

• Wow, tattooed lungs !!!!!! Amazing !!!!!! And that has to be a quilt that I spy.
                                That is so sweet to be missed, however this old wrinkled one has been in a dark place. Coming out the other side now, but just finding all the paleo advise - too much information. However I have been doing the self Experimentation, and at the moment I'm winning. I really need to listen to my body and how it reacts........... So no dairy, no grains, obviously no processed, no sugar. I am finding that even if I have fruit I get the mouth ulcers, so am sticking to absolute basics. Unfortunately for me, Christmas is nigh, which means a little more of the red stuff..... Hmmmmmmm I so love my Pinot noir !!!!!!
                                It's nice to be back badger babes, even if it is only for a minute. Xxxx

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X