Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kia ora,

I had better state....born in NZ (Wairoa) live in NZ (Napier) but moved to Aust when I was 13....but still have my NZ passport (dual citizenship) and still love my native NZ, especially the all conquering All Blacks and of course as a sailor our Fantastic NZ sailors history.

50, overweight but Primal is well and truly getting the fat off, old etc....Father of one, pop of none :-(.
    have been primal/paleo for about 8 weeks, Down 5kg, only 19kg to lose
    Fond memories of a school camp at Matamata, rafting on a river there and who could forget their pump trolley car, got married to an Aussie then divorced an Aussie.
    Into sailing, walking, teaching, love the ocean and wonderful lifestyle that goes with sailing.

Although, I'm more Aussie by time lived in Australia the little NZ Maori boy in me will never forget his home land and the fun times that were had, albeit Napier has the worse stony beach that is a scorcher in summertime... but that's what make it home :-)
    Last edited by Brouhaha; 09-21-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Hey-ho all,

I've finally decided I need to get back on the wagon, so here I am again. Not that I was here for long the first time!!
      Hopefully that will change now.

That's a beautiful quilt Gwamma, as is the young lady it was made for.
      But it's not such a good thing to have to rush off to the ED, poor little guy (and you too)!

Anywho, hello again.

-Two

Comment

• Hello to all my beautiful MDA friends. Wishing you all the best Christmas EVER. I so hope you are All well and cranking along with the paleo thing. I have to confess that I have been more Faileo than paleo. Am hanging my head in shame........ However hopefully will get a wee box of motivation for Christmas............ Lots and lots of love from the frumpy one !!!!!! Xxxx
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          Hello to all my beautiful MDA friends. Wishing you all the best Christmas EVER. I so hope you are All well and cranking along with the paleo thing. I have to confess that I have been more Faileo than paleo. Am hanging my head in shame........ However hopefully will get a wee box of motivation for Christmas............ Lots and lots of love from the frumpy one !!!!!! Xxxx
          Heya Granny G! Good to see ya! Hope everything is wel with you and yours down under....

Comment

• still in denial about xmas here. still training hard and weightlifting. still not low carb and mysteriously my weight has stabilised and my muscle definition has gotten better. my takeaways from primal ( and I so hate that word in the context of this ) are no grains and no industrial vege oils.

G get a trainer who does figure athletes and lift heavy as you will be able to do it and you will enjoy it. avoid all those women trainers as they just exercise you and sell you short. then avoid low carb, grains and industrial vege oils. maybe you will need to walk the goat every day too or swim or run on the treadmill a few times a week. but do variety. have fun and next thing you realise, it will all be sweet. you can do it!

Comment

• With you in frumpiness, dear G, though mine tends to be of the "when was the last time you touched the mascara" variety.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and any goats that might be following you around!

I agree with seaweed in that my approach these days to this whole thing is that "avoid poisons" should come first. And though I eat lower carb, it's because it comes easy to me. If it didn't, I wouldn't, because as they say: the only thing that works is the thing you can stick with.

xoxo,
              J
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• the only thing that works is the thing you can stick with.
                best advice ever. you can do momentary hacks and the odd rampage. but you need to be able to live it for the long haul. I may actually still eat lower carb than the average bread and cereal eating person. I don't know as I never count. but since I only eat fruit, tubers and sugar in my coffee pretty much for carbs. I could be surprised.

Comment

• Darling darling friends - thank you. I so need some motivation, and knowing that you guys have my back - even thou I have been AWOL for ages, makes me happy. Xxxxxxx
                  Life goes on with me and the whanau.
                  Oldest is moving closer, so can't wait to spend more time with my weeny people.
                  Middle has had a traumatic few months. To cut a long story short - she has major degeneration in her hip. As in the arthritis is so bad, at 27, she needs a new hip !!!!!! Poor kid. She now has to reassess her career and hobbies........ As in dairy farming and barrel racing. Not brilliant news
                  And weeny teeny daughter, who is nearly 6 foot, and 19 whole years of age, is a commercial pilot and at the moment studying to get her captains papers. AtPL. She can't actually be a captain until she is 21, and I hope she isn't until she's 30 odd........ Anyway very proud of the lot, just not proud of myself. I shall get motivated one way or another. My love to you all. Xxxxxx me
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• G, at last! I'm so glad I popped on today (which was only to report that I am sick, grr). Great news on 1 and 3 dds, not at all good on number 2, poor girl. How is hubby?? Blessed Christmas season to you all. xx
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hi ladies.

Good to see you around!

Merry Christmas to you all. Hey G, nice to hear about the family. I agree that 21 is way too young for a CPL, it's a maturity thing. Good news is that her chances of getting a job until she has a ton more experience is pretty low (not so good news for her maybe). Oh and lots of empathy for your number two with bad arthritis at 27! I thought I was hard done by at 37, but needing a hip replacement so young must be really scary.

We are currently in Singapore having a shopping day, then off to Dubai at lunchtime tomorrow. It's such a hard life! Kids are full of beans and driving us crazy, but it's nice to have a break from school and all those early starts (kids start school at 7.30am).

Fingers crossed for good kiwi weather on the big day. It'll be fine in Dubai, I'm told it rains like once a year! Xx

Comment

• A very Merry Christmas to all of me down under friends! Enjoy your summer!

Comment

• Hey G, Seas and all the tuthers, good to see your still about, and as the others have said G, work out something that works for you and hang on to it.

Have a cracking festering period one and all!

Comment

• Happy holidays everyone
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• To all!

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone!! I'm still feeding my very own sugar dragon, but not every day and I am not drinking coke so that's a win . I'm with you on the 'avoid poisons' thing - I'm avoiding grains, vege oils and artificial sweeteners and feeling pretty good for it. I'm still *ahem* voluptuous, though . An old boyfriend once called me 'rubenesque' which I quite liked, but I've left that behind now I think. I still fit into plane seats, though, lol.
                                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Working...
                                X